[Collection][0.15-0.16] PowerTech v0.2.6

Alchemist

Weird. What programs are you using?

I use Windows explorer for .zip and 7z for everything else, and both files at the top of the page work, as well as anything else I downloaded from Alchemist. Maybe try leaving password empty or use another program.

Take these from DynaSat thread (they are based on PowerTech plugin). There\'s version of config files that lets them to recharge a battery for an ion engine.

I dont want them to recharge a battery though, i meant like, if i attach it to a fuel tank, when deployed and aimed at the sun, it recharges that tanks fuel

I dont want them to recharge a battery though, i meant like, if i attach it to a fuel tank, when deployed and aimed at the sun, it recharges that tanks fuel

There\'s also an ion engine that uses the battery as fuel source

• 3 weeks later...

is there a way that i can change it so it stays connected to everything at the rear in stead of just jettisoning it off?

Like build a space station below it, when you jettision it everything stays attached to the bottom, but it opens up like it should and becomes its own craft?

I believe you can do that by attaching a DynaSat adapter on the bottom of the stack of items you want to keep together. Theoretically - I haven\'t done it myself.

where do I find one of those?

**update**

in orbit and deployed, it spun around and pointed at kerbin, but no wing deployment, they stayed the same.

screenshot with console open

http://i.imgur.com/dTFa8.png

*edit*

playing around some making sure files in the right spot.

i didnt realize in the PluginData folder, the powertech FOLDER had to be the 3 cfg files.

working like a charm now..way cool! ;D

Powersat is still working in 0.16!

powersat1.png

I enlarged the powersat 2.5x to let it fit with the new parts.

In the CFG:

// --- asset parameters ---
mesh = PowerSat.dae
scale = 1.0
texture = PowerSat.png
specPower = 0.5
rimFalloff = 3
alphaCutoff = 0
rescaleFactor = 2.5

I\'ve found a bit of a bug in the 0.16-compatible version; the PowerSat module points itself at the planet, but the stuff attached to it stays locked to its orientation relative to 'absolute space', which causes severe breakage when using custom-built satellites based on a PowerSat module. Did something change from 0.15 to 0.16 that affected that, or was there a change in the code that broke that, or what happened?

I\'ve found a bit of a bug in the 0.16-compatible version; the PowerSat module points itself at the planet, but the stuff attached to it stays locked to its orientation relative to 'absolute space', which causes severe breakage when using custom-built satellites based on a PowerSat module. Did something change from 0.15 to 0.16 that affected that, or was there a change in the code that broke that, or what happened?

How did they broke that? Or maybe that\'s because of new unity version?

The fact there appeared one new function for vessel rotation most likely means that the devs have faced this bug, too.

Working on the fix. Still some visual glitches when turning too fast in this this mode (blame Unity, I can\'t do anything when it performs this strange), but seems to be OK.

Will the Soyuz Solar Panels work with the new ZoxyGene version essentially? I mean will it be able to create zoxygene with the panels or are they just for looks.

Check the thread 'Solar Panel recharging tutorial' For instructions on how to make solar panels work. It is for PowerTech based panels.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.