The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

v1.6.14 installed here, the "go to changes" button stays disabled wether i add or remove or update mods (nothing will bring it up).
Same hapens to me. Automatic updates for CKAN itself still shows 1.6.13 version as latest available.

Perhaps some CKAN command line can help with install button problem ?

Devs are aware and working on a solution. 1.6.14 was marked down to a pre-release when the bug was found so we won't auto-update more people to a bugged client.

Update for universal storage is crashing,

************** Exception Text **************

CKAN.FileExistsKraken: Trying to write c:/program files (x86)/steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/UniversalStorage/MiniAVC.xml but it already exists.

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.CopyZipEntry(ZipFile zipfile, ZipEntry entry, String fullPath, Boolean makeDirs)

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.InstallModule(CkanModule module, String zip_filename)

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Install(CkanModule module, String filename)

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.AddRemove(IEnumerable`1 add, IEnumerable`1 remove)

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Upgrade(IEnumerable`1 modules, NetAsyncDownloader netAsyncDownloader)

at CKAN.Main.InstallMods(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Hello there! Linux (kubuntu) user here, I've got a bit of a hiccup

I only today updated KSP to its 1.02 version, and thus, I decided to start from scratch. When updating, KSP doesn't auto-remove mods, so I had to remove them myself. Just to be sure, I made a clean install, removed everything and reinstalled everything. Then, I got the latest CKAN release... and I immediately ran into an issue. It's still showing all the mods I had before the update as still being installed, despite me having cleared the folder completely. Trying to do any action, be it try to "uninstall" them or install something else, results in CKAN getting stuck at the "trying to install/remove" screen indefinitively...

I tried restoring the folder and remove the mods from CKAN, but there are 31 of them that are not updated to 1.0, and thus it doesn't allow me to interact with them in any way. The result is always the same, stuck at "trying to install" indefinitvely

Let me know what I need to provide for some help. And thanks for the awesome work!

Update for universal storage is crashing,

************** Exception Text **************

CKAN.FileExistsKraken: Trying to write c:/program files (x86)/steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/UniversalStorage/MiniAVC.xml but it already exists.

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.CopyZipEntry(ZipFile zipfile, ZipEntry entry, String fullPath, Boolean makeDirs)

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.InstallModule(CkanModule module, String zip_filename)

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Install(CkanModule module, String filename)

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.AddRemove(IEnumerable`1 add, IEnumerable`1 remove)

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Upgrade(IEnumerable`1 modules, NetAsyncDownloader netAsyncDownloader)

at CKAN.Main.InstallMods(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Should be fixed now.

Hello there! Linux (kubuntu) user here, I've got a bit of a hiccup

I only today updated KSP to its 1.02 version, and thus, I decided to start from scratch. When updating, KSP doesn't auto-remove mods, so I had to remove them myself. Just to be sure, I made a clean install, removed everything and reinstalled everything. Then, I got the latest CKAN release... and I immediately ran into an issue. It's still showing all the mods I had before the update as still being installed, despite me having cleared the folder completely. Trying to do any action, be it try to "uninstall" them or install something else, results in CKAN getting stuck at the "trying to install/remove" screen indefinitively...

I tried restoring the folder and remove the mods from CKAN, but there are 31 of them that are not updated to 1.0, and thus it doesn't allow me to interact with them in any way. The result is always the same, stuck at "trying to install" indefinitvely

Let me know what I need to provide for some help. And thanks for the awesome work!

did you use CKAN before? If so you need to also clean out the CKAN folder since it now tells CKAN you have mods installed. Another way might be using commandline and issuing CKAN Scan followed by CKAN update.

Is there a way to have CKAN's "launch KSP" button point somewhere other than the default .exe? I'd like it to run my OpenGL shortcut instead.

Settings -> KSP Commandline

you can change the .exe and arguments for it there.

did you use CKAN before? If so you need to also clean out the CKAN folder since it now tells CKAN you have mods installed. Another way might be using commandline and issuing CKAN Scan followed by CKAN update.

Such a simple and stupid solution, that was indeed what I needed to do. Forgive me for troubling you, sometimes I surprise myself for failing at the simplest of things. Thanks chap!

The CKAN is designed to be friendly to mod authors.

I'm not a CKAN user, but I've read a lot of threads in the Addons forum, and one issue I've seen is that CKAN users report CKAN install bugs to mod authors regardless of whether they maintain their own CKAN metadata. For non-CKAN supporting authors, this just annoys those mod authors, and doesn't get the metadata fixed.

CKAN currently includes the author & homepage, but perhaps it would be useful to indicate if someone else is maintaining the metadata? This would allow problems with CKAN metadata to be reported to the person who can fix it, and therefore make CKAN more friendly to mod authors who choose not to support it.

I have a suggestion for the future. For installed mods, if we list the date installed and the date of the latest version available on CKAN, that would allow users to see if the mod being downloaded is the latest version.

CKAN currently includes the author & homepage, but perhaps it would be useful to indicate if someone else is maintaining the metadata? This would allow problems with CKAN metadata to be reported to the person who can fix it, and therefore make CKAN more friendly to mod authors who choose not to support it.

This is an excellent idea, and I agree wholeheartedly. The resources segment of the metadata exists very much so we can expand it with information like this. It almost certainly makes sense to have fields for bugtracker (to report bugs in the mod itself) and package maintainer (to report bugs in packaging). Getting users to use these may be the challenge, but I agree they should exist nonetheless. Thank you.

CKAN v1.6.15 aka Europa released

Changes since v1.6.13:

• [bugfix] ckan show better escapes URLs (thanks mgsdk)
  • [Feature] ckan show now displays the cached filename (thanks mgsdk)
  • [bugfix] ckan upgrade --all no longer crashes when encountering unindexed mods (thanks RichardLake)
  • [internal] Version comparisons will no longer depend upon culture (thanks RichardLake)
  • [internal] The relationship resolver can now return more information as to why it failed (thanks RichardLake)
  • [internal] Updated SharpZipLib (thanks RichardLake)
  • [GUI] Users should be less able to install conflicting mods (thanks RichardLake)
  • [GUI] Mods in conflict will be highlighted in red (thanks RichardLake)
  • [GUI] Mods in conflict will show mouse-over text on why they conflict (Windows only, thanks RichardLake)
  • [Performance] The CKAN GUI should start faster and be more responsive (also thanks to RichardLake)
  • [Debug] Clients will produce less spurious messages about not deleting directories when not running in debug mode.

Since we marked v1.6.14 as a pre-release, this changelog included everything since v1.6.13. As you can see, RichardLake is a TOTAL HERO and deserves all your praise and adoration!

~ pjf

Edited by pjf
Updated changelist

Good news everyone!

Firespitter (just the plugin) has it's own KS page: https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/777/Firespitter%20-%20Plugin%20Only

If you fine folks could add that in, that should be the Firespitter used for all of us that have/had it as a dependency.

I now work with Sjno to help keep this up to date... and given how fast I update my mods between versions, this should resolve any firespitter version issues going forward.

And my sprint report for yesterday is up. Many thanks to all the amazing folks who are providing support on patreon. <3

---

If you fine folks could add that in, that should be the Firespitter used for all of us that have/had it as a dependency.

Tracking this on github as we speak. This should be a relatively straightforward situation of indexing this as the new FirespitterCore, which with a KS page will be much easier than what we were doing previously. (And everyone who's already using the FirespitterCore will get the upgrades without interruptions.)

~ Paul

the new have a bug to update bring error.

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen

anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************

System.MissingMethodException: Methode nicht gefunden: "System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<System.String,CKAN.Version> CKAN.Registry.Installed()".

bei PartManagerPlugin.PartManagerUI.RefreshInstalledModsList()

bei PartManagerPlugin.PartManagerUI.OnModChanged(CkanModule module, GUIModChangeType changeType)

bei CKAN.Main.PostInstallMods(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************

mscorlib

Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.

Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.

----------------------------------------

ckan

Assembly-Version: 0.0.0.0.

Win32-Version: 0.0.0.0.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/ckan.exe.

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.

System

Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.

System.Xml

Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.

System.Windows.Forms.resources

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

Microsoft.GeneratedCode

Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.

Microsoft.CSharp

Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34209.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll.

System.Numerics

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll.

System.Dynamic

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll.

Microsoft.CSharp.resources

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.resources.dll.

Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly

Assembly-Version: 0.0.0.0.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll.

System.Transactions

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll.

System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll.

System.Runtime.Serialization

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll.

System.Xml.Linq

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll.

System.Data

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll.

mscorlib.resources

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.

PartManagerPlugin

Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.

Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.

CodeBase: file:///C:/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/CKAN/Plugins/PartManagerPlugin.dll.

System.EnterpriseServices

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll.

System.resources

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.resources.dll.

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************

Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der

Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers

(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.

Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle Ausnahmefehler an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem

Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

the new have a bug to update bring error.

It is the partmanagerplugin messing with you, remove it and everything should work again. I Know of no workarounds for this problem.

New (and simple) user here: several mods include pre-packaged plugins (Firespitter being the current issue) and CKAN refuses to install them together. Is there a workaround for this? I'm sorry if I missed an explanation somewhere but it's been a hectic day and I'm ready to sit down and play with rockets.

Edited by bossbrigand

My part mod is updated for 1.0.2 on KerbalStuff, but not showing in CKAN against a 1.0.2 install. It worked for 0.90 (and still does if I select a 0.90 install).

I think I set up my netkan entry to auto-update from KerbalStuff, but I'm a huge noob. Can somebody lend a hand and help me determine where I went wrong?

Hello there. It's me again. Kubuntu user, I've run into a new problem with the newest version of CKAN. I've screenshotted it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7xhyr4jr5f82z0f/20150511_231807.jpg?dl=0

In short, this log appears in Mono: Error in autoupdate: A type load exception has occurred

Thanks!

Can you upload your GUIConfig.xml and registry.json somewhere for me to look at?

Perhaps it's been mentioned, but if so I missed it- Is there a way to have CKAN take over installing mods which are dependencies for other mods? ModuleManager was installed manually when I first ran CKAN and installed my first batch of mods; now whenever I try to delete it and refresh (so that I can have CKAN maintain MM) I get an error about how suchandsuch mod (all of them, might as well be) requires that it be installed. I can't think of a way to do this that doesn't entail having CKAN uninstall every single mod and starting fresh. I have a lot of mods, and I'd rather not have to go through and find 'em all again.

Perhaps it's been mentioned, but if so I missed it- Is there a way to have CKAN take over installing mods which are dependencies for other mods? ModuleManager was installed manually when I first ran CKAN and installed my first batch of mods; now whenever I try to delete it and refresh (so that I can have CKAN maintain MM) I get an error about how suchandsuch mod (all of them, might as well be) requires that it be installed. I can't think of a way to do this that doesn't entail having CKAN uninstall every single mod and starting fresh. I have a lot of mods, and I'd rather not have to go through and find 'em all again.

Not a solution as much as a workaround... You could grab the installed-default.ckan file from the CKAN folder in the KSP root directory. Copy it to some other place so you have a backup metapackage of all your mods.

Open a terminal and run 'ckan remove --re *.?' To remove all mods.

Manually remove ModuleManager.

install all your mods again by installing the metapackage you copied in the first step.

the above is an obnoxious workaround but should save you some of the trouble.

Can you upload your GUIConfig.xml and registry.json somewhere for me to look at?

Sure do

GUIConfig.xml http://pastebin.com/CVmrAdKc (even changing CheckForUpdatesOnLaunch to False will only delay the problem a few seconds)

registry.json https://www.dropbox.com/s/6diwotqur0zciw0/registry.json?dl=0 (warning, large file, 7.5 MiB. Over the limit for pastebin. It's long)

Thanks for everything!