[1.12.x] Community Tech Tree (August 13)

Nertea

If the science was needed in order for the tech to advance, why is it a problem to pay for it even if you don't get a part in return? Wouldn't the Manhattan program still have cost us roughly the same amount even if we didn't produce bombs? Had we waited for nuclear power to apply that technology we still would have had to cover all that same territory and paid effectively all the same costs.

Given the entire tree is visible by default, I'm ok with it in it's current implementation, also since most of the nodes have alternate paths, it's not too big of a stretch for us, as one poster noted above, to at least minimize if not eliminate dead nodes along the way.

V2.1 available on KerbalStuff

• Entire tree visible by default now
  • Fixed cost of Advanced Solar Tech
  • Fixed arrow direction of Specialized Science
  • Return of Enhanced Survivability (right before simple command modules)
  • Renamed Offworld Manufacturing to Offworld Robotics, with appropriate description hopefully fitting both Rover and Zodius' needs.

Edited by Nertea

Where is the mk1 landing can? I am supposed to have it unlocked in the Adv. Flight control, yet it does not show up in my parts list...

-Edit-

Nevermind, I see the update 15 mins ago fixed the issue!

BTW, you (and alot of other modders) do absolutely great work, making it so extendable with all the other mods out there!

Edited by DarkVane

hello, i loved this mod! it seems to integrate well until it does not do anymore ):

see, i lot of nodes are looking like those ones:

JRYgHZX.png

is that any solution available?

i whas wondering, is that because i dont have mods who has parts in those categories?

Those are used by mods that haven't been updated yet. I believe the one specifically shown in the screenshot is for the Gridded Ion thrusters from Near Future Propulsion which Nertea is still updating for 1.0... or rather rewriting due to the number of changes. Its expected to come out at the same time as Near Future Electrical which will fill even more of the empty nodes :P

And several of the larger parts packs still haven't been updated yet either. Give it time :)

EDIT: Rover also needs to fix his CTT files in FTT, Karbonite, KarbonitePLus, & Warpdrive (Dono about exploration or Survivability, Waiting on 2 remaining new future to see if I have memory left for those)... They all still have the TechManager requirement attached to them so they arn't loading. Looks like Only LifeSupport & MKS have working CTT patches atm.

EDIT2: And yes rover I am too lazy to go make a Git post for each of your several great mods just to remind you of that :P

Edited by ExavierMacbeth

Updated the schematic for 2.1:

PDF

SVG

I updated it so that the required/optional paths are noted. Dashed lines indicate any tech will unlock, solid is every tech needed.

Thx for the update.

On another note, I'll maybe make some icons for CTT.

Oh, speaking of icons - if anyone can point me to the location of the engineering 101 icon, please do. I can't find it anywhere.

I think the icons are still embedded in the game itself but that they forgot to include some of them in the icons folder. You could extract it I think.

EDIT: Also if you look in the TechTree it uses the icon called "RDicon_emgineering101".

Edited by Olympic1

Cant seem to get this or seti to load on the latest version

Hey,

if any SETI mod is used, please post any support questions over there first, since SETI-CTT is an addon.

SETIctt v0.8.0 works with CTT 2.0, while SETIctt v0.8.1 requires CTT 2.1.

As far as I know, CTT does not use a KSP-AVC version file at the moment, so that might be the reason why you missed the CTT 2.1 update from yesterday.

If that does not fix it, please post a gamedata screenshot in the SETI thread and we can continue over there to search for the problem.

Those are used by mods that haven't been updated yet. I believe the one specifically shown in the screenshot is for the Gridded Ion thrusters from Near Future Propulsion which Nertea is still updating for 1.0... or rather rewriting due to the number of changes. Its expected to come out at the same time as Near Future Electrical which will fill even more of the empty nodes :P

And several of the larger parts packs still haven't been updated yet either. Give it time :)

But is there parts to unlock, but just invisible... or there is no parts to unlock?

But is there parts to unlock, but just invisible... or there is no parts to unlock?

If then ode is blank that generally means there are no parts to unlock within in. If you add a mod that uses it then that mods parts will appear within that node.

It was rather interesting to see the nodes I don't have mods for. Made me jealous I didn't have anything to fill in those nodes :3 I wonder if there's a master list of techs/parts that encompases all of the known mods?

It was rather interesting to see the nodes I don't have mods for. Made me jealous I didn't have anything to fill in those nodes :3 I wonder if there's a master list of techs/parts that encompases all of the known mods?

For a large list of mods, you could consult the

Community Mods and Plugins Library,

though recently seemed to have hit the max character count per post, thus it is not complete.

Other than that, you can take a look at CKAN, though some mods are not listed there.

I m currently not aware of a list of mods which completely fills up the CTT.

EDIT: Rover also needs to fix his CTT files in FTT, Karbonite, KarbonitePLus, & Warpdrive (Dono about exploration or Survivability, Waiting on 2 remaining new future to see if I have memory left for those)... They all still have the TechManager requirement attached to them so they arn't loading. Looks like Only LifeSupport & MKS have working CTT patches atm.

EDIT2: And yes rover I am too lazy to go make a Git post for each of your several great mods just to remind you of that :P

Got to The CTT.Cfg and change all line like that

@PART[KA_Tank_125_04]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,TechManager]

to that

@PART[KA_Tank_125_04]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]

just remove the ,TechManager should fix it

How do we hide an empty node ????

In the CommunityTechTree.cfg file, under each tech listed, there's a " hideEmpty " parameter - set them to " True " for nodes you want to hide.

In the CommunityTechTree.cfg file, under each tech listed, there's a " hideEmpty " parameter - set them to " True " for nodes you want to hide.

thx but i wonder if i add a mod who use the hidden node do the node will come back ?

thx but i wonder if i add a mod who use the hidden node do the node will come back ?

Yes, but the (still) empty nodes they depend on won't – that's why CCT went this way.

Yes, but the (still) empty nodes they depend on won't – that's why CCT went this way.

Then what would hapen, you couldn't progress because the required node is invisible? There's no other way around? I don't really know how to feel about having empty nodes from mods I know I'll never use.