WIP - Environmental Visual Enhancements Development

rbray89

What about resolution you've used? Maybe you've just dedicated more megapixels to the testure than it was with plan cylindrical map?

Oh, and I know it is stupid question, but where to get latest version? THey aren't marked or numbered, it creates such a mess

The latest version is just the most recent commit to the overhaul branch. I commit the release package to the source as an easy way to generate releases.

That's the issue though. Equirectangular mapping allows for better pixel density where you see it the most (equator) whereas cubic enforces much more uniform pixel density, but slightly worse at the seams. So to get similar density, you have to repack it at slightly higher resolution resulting in more pixels used overall. Editing textures also becomes a bigger pain, and would make a procedural generation method much more difficult I believe.

I might be able to help out if you ever do need textures edited though. Always a fun thing to do ;). Making images tile well is an interesting operation. Especially when with 8k textures... *shudders* it took forever for paint.net to load my Laythe textures when I was fixing up their seams...

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Right now using a 8k cloudmap and a 4k detail texture you can get clouds very, VERY, detailed... much more than Kerbin max resolution. This system works perfectly even with RSS scales...

rbray89 could you look up one issue? I dont know if anyone repported it before.

One of the EVEs plugins makes ground texture on every planet shaky. It is small high frequency shakes, but defenetly a problemm if you building moon base or any ground structures. I'm 100% positive it is something in EVE. I'v done many tests with and without plugins. Deleted terrai.dll havent helped. Il continue testing

Edit1: I removed All shaders from the mod,

and removed Allmost all plugin.dll's.

The dll's that still in place are Utils.dll and ShaderReplacer.dll - Ground still shaking, thou I removed all shaders.

Removing ShaderReplacer.dll makes ground stable again.

Edit2: Yea. ShaderReplacer.dll is the culprit. I guess it embeds few shaders inside if I learned correctly(like 14 or something?). Something in there is broken

Hello!

I am also using Environmental Visual Enhancements and it seems to be causing the same issue for me. On some planets the ground does not shake, but on others it is really

annoying, especially on Duna and Minmus. I am using EVE 7.4 at the moment. I did not find ShaderReplacer.dll in the EVE folder though. This is the only place where anybody has

had the same issue. Does anybody know of any way how to fix this?

Edit:

Actually it seems that after removing EVE completely, the problem still persists. It seems to be definitely shader related though because using fallback shaders seems to correct the issue

or at least make it much better. Weird problem - I think I will try stock fresh install for testing.

Edited by Joonatanr

Hmm.... Rbray I'm just curious, do you plan/is there a way to merge the "BouderCo" and "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements" folders in the future? It would make organizing cluttered GameData folders slightly easier. And it also would be handy to have it organized as one folder. ;)

Hmm.... Rbray I'm just curious, do you plan/is there a way to merge the "BouderCo" and "EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements" folders in the future? It would make organizing cluttered GameData folders slightly easier. And it also would be handy to have it organized as one folder. ;)

I second this, it would be nice. The problem being, projects as old as EVE have a lot of organisational inertia. They evolve using one system and everything depends on that. It may be an easy change for rbray, however it *may* be very difficult to change the file system now.

I second this, it would be nice. The problem being, projects as old as EVE have a lot of organisational inertia. They evolve using one system and everything depends on that. It may be an easy change for rbray, however it *may* be very difficult to change the file system now.

That's what I'm worried about too :/. This is like the little bug that everyone knows about and everyone dislikes, but also the bug that no one much cares about as it doesn't truly change anything important. It sits there being annoying but isn't really worth taking care of. I just really want it taken care of xD. Just my two cents.

You can move BoulderCo to inside the EVE folder if you want. There should be no negative side effects.

I'm actually planning on the exact opposite. I'm planing two releases, the plugins, and the content. This will allow for easier use of EVE config files.

You can move BoulderCo to inside the EVE folder if you want. There should be no negative side effects.

I'm actually planning on the exact opposite. I'm planing two releases, the plugins, and the content. This will allow for easier use of EVE config files.

:o that sounds even better. Sweet!

EDIT: Will you be placing the content/cuztom packs inside of your plugin folder? Kinda like how TextureReplacer has it's "Default" folder where custom 'patches' go? It'd be good from an organizational view as everything would be in the same folder and closer to the plugins. Just sayin' ^-^

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Yeah. If you have at least an entry PC then you won't get any improvement. I have an old computer that I got for 160 €. At firsth I had only 2 GB of RAM and I'm quite suprized on how good the game was running. Now I bought another 2 GB RAM card and it works pretty good. I have all hopes on the U5 update. Some people freak out when I tell them wich mods I use. The processor is nothing special either. Just an old Intel core duo 2.2 GHz. I don't know if my graphic card is good or not but it's a Radeon 4600. I'm planing on buying a new computer for about 450 €.

Hi rbray, would there be any way to stop the city texture from persisting underwater? The texture is visible in the shallows where the water depth effect isn't as visible. I noticed the city night texture stops at the coast? maybe this could be applied to the day texture? Cheers.

7WuKenN.png

Hi rbray, would there be any way to stop the city texture from persisting underwater? The texture is visible in the shallows where the water depth effect isn't as visible. I noticed the city night texture stops at the coast? maybe this could be applied to the day texture? Cheers.

http://i.imgur.com/7WuKenN.png

It doesn't stop? That is odd. I'll have to look into that.

Aaah. Maybe this is what I saw last time I tried out RVE, when I reported the cities being visible underwater. Maybe it was daytime.

ATLANTIS.

Sorry I just had to... :D

I never used city lights because I didn't like the fact that there were no actual cities. Now that there are textures for them though I will probably start using them post-release. Maybe you should put city lights up around the sunken smiley for kicks. Just an idea...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.