WIP - Environmental Visual Enhancements Development

rbray89

I think that can be mitigated by altering the _Visibility param.

Hmm, ok I tried a bit even with negative values and couldn't get it to flip. There are quite a few artifacts but I think that's just the linux bug from before, haven't tested on windows yet.

utlHJ0J.png

Sure thing, np :)
Much nicer rbray89. Looking forward to the documentation on the parameters. I wanted to ask you what is the equation you are using for the atmosphere scattering?

float e = EULER_N;
float a = _DensityRatioX;
float b = _DensityRatioY;

float l2 = l*_Visibility;
l2 *= l2;
float d2 = d;
d2 *= d2;
float n = sqrt(l2+d2);

return -(2*a*b*(n+*a*pow(_DensityRatioPow*e,-n/b));

That is the integral form... You can play around with params here:

https://www.desmos.com/calculator/acnjln4w0z

May end up having to change this if I can't get the haze to simulate well on surface.

Rbray, I don't remember if I reported this before, but terrain textures are completely black at night. Artificial sources of light only lights the terrain, but the texture substitutions remains invisible in the darkness. :wink:

Just a short feedback:

Bugs I found: (so you eventual can find and sort them out)

1. Some textures are seem to floating (Mün) underneath it is pitch black since it is bluish in color it looks like water.
  2. There is this wired box issue that appears around Kerbin from about from about 7km to almost Mün orbit (I time warped so I don't know exactly but it is a whole lot bigger than shown in map mode). On map mode you can see it in certain directions only (seems to have something to do with the Kerbol light) but it looks very much like a box around Kerbin. And the camera only catches it above horizon.
  3. umm there was one more I did forget just now. Well, you have to do enough anyway. So I might report it later (or maybe it is fixed then) when I test the next version.

Keep up the good work.

I might as well post this here. I have this problem when I put the mod in NavBallTextureExport. I am running EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-7-4. Some people said remove CityLights.dll, but I really like the city lights.

This is from the NavBallTextureExport thread:

I have a bug with this mod, I don't know if anyone is still around that maintains it. I use this mod because I don't have a beefy computer that plays KSP 1.0.2

The problem is when I launch game, go to VAB load say Kerbal Stock X craft, launch it and when I am on the pad, I hit "M" to go to map mode and this is what I see:

KSP%202015-05-03%2015-23-45-38_zpskekexmru.jpg

KSP%202015-05-03%2015-23-41-27_zpsa60qqpnt.jpg

I revert flight and it is still there, the only way to make it go away is restart KSP. When I come back from KSP if I go to tracking station it is fine but if I load a craft and I am on launch pad, that visual error shows up.

Here is my log files:

http://www./download/58he6us0hyuj9g4/KSP_Logs.zip

And here is a Google Doc on what mods I use:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dwITtAoPPUeFB5tnT_q3rAPEGE1iTiLc-8p9zfh6j_M/edit?usp=sharing

I figured it was this mod because when I looked in log files a lot of things kick up from NavBallTextureExport, so when I took that mod out it works fine. So I don't know if its a mod conflict or just this mod needs updated.

- - - Updated - - -

I will give the new one a go (WIP) and see what happens.

I might as well post this here. I have this problem when I put the mod in NavBallTextureExport. I am running EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-7-4. Some people said remove CityLights.dll, but I really like the city lights.

This is from the NavBallTextureExport thread:

- - - Updated - - -

I will give the new one a go (WIP) and see what happens.

I'm no expert but the first thing I notice is that you don't have BoulderCo as one of your mod folders.

If you're running a standard EVE 7-4 then you should have am EVE folder & a BoulderCo folder.

EVE contains all the .DLL files while BoulderCo contains the CFG files and textures; one will not work without the other.

I'm no expert but the first thing I notice is that you don't have BoulderCo as one of your mod folders.

If you're running a standard EVE 7-4 then you should have am EVE folder & a BoulderCo folder.

EVE contains all the .DLL files while BoulderCo contains the CFG files and textures; one will not work without the other.

The Boulder folder is in there, my mod list is the list of the zip files, all the important things in zip file are in my folder.

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but I'm getting this issue:

wJ9PcDf.png

The atmosphere haze looks perfect and round when I view it from the Tracking Station. But for vessels in-flight, if I switch to map view, I get this.

I've got two issues: the sky of Kerbin is filled with alternating bands of cloud and clear skies that go all the way around the planet, and the blurring of the horizon doesn't seem to work, it just makes the ground/sea texture transparent instead.

I'm running this in an Ubuntu VM, so I'm not sure if this could be part of the issue.

Alrighty, so I uploaded another version for dev testing... I think I have the atmospheric haze down. Now to add light and color.

There is still an odd issue that got introduced with 1.0 that makes it so the clouds have to be re-applied in flight. So if you want to try this out, load a vessel, then hit alt+e and hit apply. You can then close the GUI with alt+e

Just to help with the debug process (no pressure or anything like that), I still have the "big blue box around kerbin with your latest WIP (one hour ago).

There is also a big blue ceiling effect that spawn around 10 km up and follow you (stay just above you) up.

This with a vanilla KSP with only latest EVE WIP.

(Do you need some screen shots to illustrate or is this enough description ?)

Volumetric clouds are nice (very nice), as always :D. 2D distant clouds' texture is a bit low res (at mid range) but I kind of remember that it is due to some KSP limitation, so no biggie. And still overly better than no clouds at all.

Keep up the marvellous work (at your own pace) !

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.