WIP - Environmental Visual Enhancements Development

rbray89

Thanks for the pic, I was actually just curious about how the mods can be used to complement each other. I'm going to be on a laptop for a while so I can't really enjoy the shiniest graphics myself.
Well most mods actually dont work with eachother, because outdated ort something eelse. But I cant accept that. I really wanted astronomers v2 pack to work with eve overhaul. So I started rutting in the files of this mods, translating old values to eve overhauls values, remaking textures, cloud layers and so on. If something dont work I make it work. Rbray says his mod is not complite yet, no problemm. I make it complite for my needs. I'm not a programmer, and cant script, but there is allways other ways, workarounds and such. Basicly I see Rbrays Eve mod, as a set of tools to create my own stuff, and right now he programmed more then enough tools into EVE that it is not matter that it is incomplite. I'm doing what I can to make my KSP look better then enything I've seen on streams, videos, and pictures.

I havent even played the KSP sens I bought it. I refuse to play untill I make it look astounishing.

Duna Sandstorm ;D

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Reveral

So how would everyone feel about colors in the GUI/Configs referencing 0-255 values rather than the 0-1 values?

IMHO, no difference at all, beyond from changes needed in the config files.

In fact 0-255 values are common in the design programs, so will be easier to pick colour references outside the game.

Your choice.

IMHO, no difference at all, beyond from changes needed in the config files.

In fact 0-255 values are common in the design programs, so will be easier to pick colour references outside the game.

Your choice.

That was what I was thinking... Simply that it would be easier to find a color that works via other apps.

Doing some testing of your awesome new cloud shadows and volumetrics with scatterer for RVE :)

http://imgur.com/a/2jMLC

Actual record while going through the album:

... I ...

... That's ...

... ...

... Wow ...

... How ...

... Wow ...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm the only one who has this issue?

Small linear gaps at the edges of cloud detail's.

http://i.imgur.com/8vN1Ve0.jpg

Does this happen at all the gaps? or just the one gap?

Does this happen at all the gaps? or just the one gap?

Is not so easy to see in normal view, because is covered by the particles. I've noticed this in the equator (near to the KSC), because the shadow does a gap too. Then in map view I've found it at many other edges. So I'll go for "all".

Is not so easy to see in normal view, because is covered by the particles. I've noticed this in the equator (near to the KSC), because the shadow does a gap too. Then in map view I've found it at many other edges. So I'll go for "all".

And it is only the detail? What scale is used?

And it is only the detail? What scale is used?

4 is the scale. You can see that the tiling works well, is just that small gap.

Could be related just to me, by not use the terrain system at the moment?

4 is the scale. You can see that the tiling works well, is just that small gap.

Could be related just to me, by not use the terrain system at the moment?

If anything, it is either:

1) UV derivatives aren't working quite right

2) UV placement isn't working quite right.

3) Texture has anomaly

scatterer and EVE. Some very nice pics Pingo.

That limitation on sun-flare resolution tho....yikes.

I would have expected some wierd stuff going on since they both mod the game in similarish ways.

Yeah I've totally dropped EVE's atmosphere shader in place of Scatterer for the time being, until rbray can revisit it :)

Yes Sunflare.DDS is hard limited to its original resolution.. which isn't bad on stock ksp (as seen with AVP and proots packs etc) just on RSS scales the flare is WAY to big and so the only way is to manually scale down the sun aspect of the texture (which is still blown up huge) -- hence the horrendous resolution D':

I keep seeing this talk of terminators, what are terminators exactly?

Terminators are the boundaries between the day side of a planet and the night side of a planet. Scatterer makes the terminator glow with a bunch of beautiful reddish hues, as it simulates the heavy atmospheric scattering the light undergoes in that region. Here is an image of a terminator:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nasamarshall/6731872025

On another note, incredible work Rbray! I look forward to using this in my Linux save.

These are the prettiest KSP screenshots I've ever seen.

I keep seeing this talk of terminators, what are terminators exactly?

hehe, terminators are simply where sunlight ends and darkness begins on the edge of any planetary body :)

Hi Rbray, congratulations for your wonderful job. I just made a test with Scatterer, DOE, TR and PlanetShine, Kerbin seems really much more realistic and awesome. Btw, I noticed a strange effect on the coast line in the night side.

N05IVVM.png

Is this related to the nuEVE?

No Open-GL or DX11.

scatterer and EVE. Some very nice pics Pingo.

That limitation on sun-flare resolution tho....yikes.

I would have expected some wierd stuff going on since they both mod the game in similarish ways.

They have different .dll ' s thou. Which means they work independetly of eachother. It is quite possible to combine effects. like when you making a color blending two different colors in aquarel. basicly, they are the same, but different color

Hey guys, I'm trying a few things, and I wanted to know, how can I reduce the atmosphere size :

I really want to have a blue sky over the clouds like it is by default, but I want it to fade away when you get above ~75KM.

And I can't find a way to reduce the atmosphere size... I'm a no0b...

Oh, and thank you Rbray, you're amazing !

Doing some testing of your awesome new cloud shadows and volumetrics with scatterer for RVE :)

http://imgur.com/a/2jMLC

Y'know pingopete you best be careful posting this stuff. Lucky I was sitting down when I went through your pics there because if not I would've fallen and hurt myself.

Seriously though just incredibly amazing work.

How do I embed the damn imgur album so it shows like rbray did on first page?

I can make screenshots of by atmosphere settings for Kerbin in EVE and scatterer settings I changed.

I did not aktivated scatterer for other planets thou, Only kerbin for now. cause I want to make textures first

I marked with red what I changed in Scatterer. Thats all

http://i.imgur.com/txTKpht.jpg

I did the changes, but the ground near KSC still looks weird, maybe a bit low res?

So how would everyone feel about colors in the GUI/Configs referencing 0-255 values rather than the 0-1 values?

I just started playing with this package and i was thinking of asking for this haha. it just seems a little easier to not deal with decimals. forgive my ignorance of unity and the other programs youre using for the gui ( im sort of new to the whole modding thing and real time engines, but I would kill for some sliders with in game feedback on the hue. Not sure if thats asking too much though, I know how much work all of this is.

anyways i just started playing kerbal about a month ago. Im still on the stock career lol, but Im a 3d artist so i immediately wanted to try and get the game looking better. Thanks for giving us all these tools, ive been spending the last day or so getting kind of immersed. Im only just beginning to tweak things, but this version is going to be so sweet when its done.

my kerbal on EVA with the new shaders. Gonna start tweaing the planets now and adding clouds and the atmospheres and see what comes out.

dCBobax.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.