I wanted to make a logo

lordmuffin

I want to make a logo for my KSP agency, and I recall being told about photoshop on the browser? I don't know if that's true or not, but I need help with the design, and the photo editor. I have gimp, but it doesn't seem to be enough!

I need some help brainstorming, some help actually designing the logo, and then some help trying to get a photo editor.

Sorry to throw more suggestions to you and possibly cause confusion, but I don't think you'll find the Gimp the easiest way to make a logo.

I assume you want something with clean lines, something not overcomplex, that you can tweak till it's right.

Start with roughing something out on paper, then you can recreate it in a vector graphics program like Inkscape, this lets you make an image out of parts, edit them in any way you like, add and remove bits easily and change its size to whatever you need.

Much easier than trying to paint a logo or edit stock images, which is what the Gimp is better for :)

I'd suggest A) all-caps, maybe a different typeface

B) top & bottom of equals sign should line up with top and bottom of text.

C) Move Equals sign closer to text - try to match that space with the spaces between the lines of text

Otherwise, nice simple design. :)

I sometimes forget how hard design is for people who haven't had years of schooling like I have.

I'd suggest A) all-caps, maybe a different typeface

B) top & bottom of equals sign should line up with top and bottom of text.

C) Move Equals sign closer to text - try to match that space with the spaces between the lines of text

Otherwise, nice simple design. :)

I sometimes forget how hard design is for people who haven't had years of schooling like I have.

Okay, so the font I wanted to use was one similar to the "Tetragon Projects" logo, from B9.

ILys3r4.png

Identifont is a great site - it lets you play 20-questions to try and figure out what font you have. I ran your sample through it and it seems like "Gothic 720" may be what you're looking for.

I tried a few other fonts (as even I don't have that one) and arrived at a conclusion: You could probably get away with Arial if you're not concerned with exactly matching it. Other "grotesque" (think first-gen sans-serif) fonts could easily substitute as well, such as Akzidenz Grotesk.

Really though, it's about trying a bunch of fonts and picking the one that works best for you and best for your logo. That's design, in a nutshell. That, and kerning, but that's a bit tougher to teach.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.