[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

1 hour ago, severedsolo said:

Oh, I was wrong then.

On a related note:

Is HasCrew() supposed to count passengers (specifically tourists) as crew?

To elaborate: I had a KSS contract to send a new crew, and a Tourism Plus contract to send tourists up. I sent the tourists first... surprisingly this completed my "send a new crew" contract even though I only had 1 actual crew member (and 4 tourists) on board.

I feel this may be a bug, and HasCrew() should ignore tourists?

Agreed, this is a bug.  Fixed for 1.9.0.

10 hours ago, nightingale said:

Keep in mind that the expressions execute when the contract is generated.  So you cannot use it to do stuff like asking the player to recover the crew that is currently on their vessel, but only the crew that was on a specific vessel at the start of the contract.

Is there a way then to check for recovery of all Kerbals you launch a craft with? Not required for release, but just would enhance the idea of a successful rescue mission where everyone makes it back home safe.

Edited by inigma

13 minutes ago, inigma said:

Is there a way then to check for recovery of all Kerbals you launch a craft with? Not required for release, but just would enhance the idea of a successful rescue mission where everyone makes it back home safe.

Difficult to do, because it means tracking the crew for every craft launched during the lifetime of the contract (because we don't know which one will be the one that completes the contract).  If you want it to work for craft launched before the contract was accepted, it gets even worse.

1 minute ago, nightingale said:

Difficult to do, because it means tracking the crew for every craft launched during the lifetime of the contract (because we don't know which one will be the one that completes the contract).  If you want it to work for craft launched before the contract was accepted, it gets even worse.

Makes sense. I'll leave this one alone for now. :)

Any idea why this is spawning double the number of Tourists in the Astronaut Complex?  I should only be randomly generating 2-6 kerbals using NewKerbal, but whatever random is set to, double get created.

https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/blob/master/IslandTours-Shoreline.cfg

Edit: nevermind. fixed. wrong variable name.

Edited by inigma

Is there a way to randomize PQS coordinates easily?  I was thinking about converting all my waypoints to PQS, but then got to thinking how I would randomize those. It looks to be a string. I suppose I could create multiple data nodes for the three vectors, randomize the limits of each, and concatenate the values into a string to be used in the PQS setting? 

8 hours ago, inigma said:

Is there a way to randomize PQS coordinates easily?  I was thinking about converting all my waypoints to PQS, but then got to thinking how I would randomize those. It looks to be a string. I suppose I could create multiple data nodes for the three vectors, randomize the limits of each, and concatenate the values into a string to be used in the PQS setting? 

Not easily, your best bet is to do a hidden waypoint at the PQS coordinates (or a fixed offset) and do create a random waypoint near that one (you can specify min and max distances).

59 minutes ago, inigma said:

Giving Aircraft a Purpose 0.2 is tested and released. Requires CC 1.9.0. I'll hold off on announcing it elsewhere until CC 1.9.0 is released.

1.9.0 will be out in the next few hours.

1.9.0 is out, go get it here!  A pretty big release of bug fixes and new features.

Contract Configurator 1.9.0

• Improved display of some parameters with only one redundant child parameter in contract window.
  • New functions for generating kerbals.
  • HasCrew and RecoverKerbal will now automatically create kerbals in the astronaut complex when required.
  • Reworked logic for specifying unique values in DATA nodes.
  • SpawnVessel CREW nodes now support specifying a gender.
  • SpawnVessel supports specifying a location via PQS City now (like SpawnKerbal).
  • Added minAcceleration and maxAcceleration to ReachState.
  • Added RemoveKerbal behaviour.
  • Auto-close passenger loading dialog if vessel launches or scene changes (thanks inigma).
  • Added new Funds() and Science() expression functions to get player's funds/science.
  • Ignore USI Sounding Rocket experiments for science sub-system.
  • Fixed bugs with using expressions in DialogBox.
  • Fixed name duplication in RandomKerbalName() function (thanks inigma).
  • Fixed exception using UnlockPart without part unlocking set on the current game (thanks inigma).
  • Fixed issue with crew that aren't properly removed on contract completion (thanks inigma).
  • Fixed issue where experimental status of parts never goes away - even when a tech is researched (thanks inigma).
  • Fixed issue with VesselDestroy causing vessel markers to appear when invoked at KSC (thanks inigma).
  • Fixed issue where vessel rename doesn't trigger VesselIsType (thanks CompB).
  • Fixed issue where HasCrew counted tourists (thanks severedsolo).
  • Fixed problems with KSCLocation() returning the wrong value (thanks Rodger).
  • Fixed bug when despawning kerbals from vessels that are not currently loaded (thanks inigma).
  • Fixed so Kerbals recovered via StageRecovery no longer count as killed for contracts (thanks blu3wolf).

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but with the new "aqua"-model introduced in 1.0.5, and the beginnings of sub-surface oceanic gameplay and mods popping up...

SOMEONE has to get a Submarine & Underwater Base Contract Pack started....Pleeze? ... ;)

EDIT: OK, so I should have checked first, but I didnt realise so many new Packs have sprung up, and I see the Maritime Contract Pack...
Well, hopefully that will get expanded, or someone could STILL do a separate, more-subsurface oriented Pack?... lol

I'm just thinking with more contracts available for sub-surface OPERATIONS, it will encourage more sub-surface MODS... :)

Edited by Stone Blue

2 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but with the new "aqua"-model introduced in 1.0.5, and the beginnings of sub-surface oceanic gameplay and mods popping up...

SOMEONE has to get a Submarine & Underwater Base Contract Pack started....Pleeze? ... ;)

You could be that someone. Making a contract is rather easy. Check out the Contract Configurator wiki. :)

^^
I've thought about making a Pack for something else, way-back when Nighingale first created the Configurator... But I dont think i can handle much more of a learning curve, and especailly planning out such an involved "mod"... I have several other part mod ideas in mind, and between trying to learn how to model (Blender/Wings 3D/Unity/GIMP), animate, write simple .cfg files, and ModuleManager syntax, AND I dont even know ANY programming yet, and a host of other things I need to learn, unfortunately, I think putting together a contract pack is low on my list :(

Edited by Stone Blue

15 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

You are going to be sick of me by the end of the day :P

Are these yellow lines (generated by K-Files, Field Research and Tourism Plus) a problem, or can I sort K-Files later?

You can sort it out later.  Generally speaking, I'll remove a deprecated feature like that once I know nobody's using it any more.  But there's so many contract packs out there now that it's hard to be sure what's being used, so it's unlikely I'll remove those any time soon.

Edited by nightingale

4 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

^^
I've thought about making a Pack for something else, way-back when Nighingale first created the Configurator... But I dont think i can handle much more of a learning curve, and especailly planning out such an involved "mod"... I have several other part mod ideas in mind, and between trying to learn how to model (Blender/Wings 3D/Unity/GIMP), animate, write simple .cfg files, and ModuleManager syntax, AND I dont even know ANY programming yet, and a host of other things I need to learn, unfortunately, I think putting together a contract pack is low on my list :(

Just make one contract. A submarine contract to a certain depth. I need one anyways to add to my contract pack. Want to join in on developing a contract for my contract pack? See my link at the bottom.  Specifically I need this: 

KSC Island Tours: Submarine Tour (to -200m) (spawn debris at bottom of ocean?, WP near it required for picture taking by passengers)

https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/issues/53

Edited by inigma

Hey nightingale, is there a way for a player to decline a contract after offered it once, twice, or three times, and never offer that contract again?  Essentially an optional contract that once declined or declined after a number of times, never shows up again.  I want to do this for my SSI-Start contract which gives players free tech, but provide the option to decline it permanently so players are not annoyed with it popping up.

Edited by inigma

8 minutes ago, inigma said:

Hey nightingale, is there a way for a player to decline a contract after offered it once, twice, or three times, and never offer that contract again?  Essentially an optional contract that once declined or declined after a number of times, never shows up again.  I want to do this for my SSI-Start contract which gives players free tech, but provide the option to decline it permanently so players are not annoyed with it popping up.

I'd have to think about how to store the number of times it's been declined (since decline contracts don't get archived).  And would have to think about how to communicate it to the player.  But those are all solvable, so raise an enhancement request on GitHub, please.

1 hour ago, nightingale said:

1.9.0 is for KSP 1.0.5.  The last version compatible with KSP 1.0.4 was 1.7.8.

Thank you once again for a quick answer. Sorry I am feeling a bit version number challenged :blush: . I don't know if I should be asking Severedsolo the next question.

Doing a version check for two reasons...

I have 1.7.8 on CKAN. Just checking if it will throw out a higher version number. It should not because it should be set to version strict as per your pull request. Have seen the max KSP ver shows 1.0.5 (With version 1.9.0). So had to double check that 1.7.8 was the latest compatible build for KSP 1.0.4. Seems everything has worked out. It will only update to 1.9.0 if it detects KSP 1.0.5

Sorry that sounds clear a mud :blush:. Short answer is it working fine. It is loading the right version thanks to your pill request.

The second reason is I have a warning from AVC on initial menu about using Severedsolo's contract pack Useful space stations. It says that I need contract configurer 1.8.0. The really interesting thing about this warning is I actually have the other similar contract pack called Kerbin Space Station. Which is version 3.0.2. Useful space stations is not installed.

So I am not sure if I should take the warning seriously or remove Severedsolo's contract pack. Any advice?

8 minutes ago, nobodyhasthis2 said:

Thank you once again for a quick answer. Sorry I am feeling a bit version number challenged :blush: . I don't know if I should be asking Severedsolo the next question.

Doing a version check for two reasons...

I have 1.7.8 on CKAN. Just checking if it will throw out a higher version number. It should not because it should be set to version strict as per your pull request. Have seen the max KSP ver shows 1.0.5 (With version 1.9.0). So had to double check that 1.7.8 was the latest compatible build for KSP 1.0.4. Seems everything has worked out. It will only update to 1.9.0 if it detects KSP 1.0.5

Sorry that sounds clear a mud :blush:. Short answer is it working fine. It is loading the right version thanks to your pill request.

The second reason is I have a warning from AVC on initial menu about using Severedsolo's contract pack Useful space stations. It says that I need contract configurer 1.8.0. The really interesting thing about this warning is I actually have the other similar contract pack called Kerbin Space Station. Which is version 3.0.2. Useful space stations is not installed.

So I am not sure if I should take the warning seriously or remove Severedsolo's contract pack. Any advice?

You'll have to talk to @severedsolo about that one.  When he updated his contract pack for KSP 1.0.5, he updated the required Contract Configurator version (even though he probably didn't have to).  However, he didn't mark his version file as requiring KSP 1.0.5.  So you can either hack the .cfg file to bump the CC version down, or downgrade KSS.  I don't know what the actual required version of Contract Configurator is for the different versions of KSS, I added a number of features in 1.9.0, and I'm not sure if severedsolo has taken advantage of any of those yet.

Oh and KSS and USS are now the same thing (they used to be different).

On 12/6/2015, 10:06:40, nightingale said:

1.9.0 is out, go get it here!  A pretty big release of bug fixes and new features.

Contract Configurator 1.9.0

• Improved display of some parameters with only one redundant child parameter in contract window.
  • Fixed so Kerbals recovered via StageRecovery no longer count as killed for contracts (thanks blu3wolf).

I have tourism plus and StageRecovery.  After installing this update, I still got a failure for a killed kerbal, even though stage recovery was successful and the Kerbal is now in my roster.  I'd like to note, though, that I think the recovered stage was still close enough to  be loaded and it sounded like it burned up during reentry.  If the issue is that I was too close to the recovered stage, is there a way to implement a fix for that?

4 hours ago, gckearns said:

I have tourism plus and StageRecovery.  After installing this update, I still got a failure for a killed kerbal, even though stage recovery was successful and the Kerbal is now in my roster.  I'd like to note, though, that I think the recovered stage was still close enough to  be loaded and it sounded like it burned up during reentry.  If the issue is that I was too close to the recovered stage, is there a way to implement a fix for that?

I'll have to do some more testing, not sure why that isn't working.  Raised [#391].