New Horizons

r4pt0r

So how long until we get a Pluto surface map for Texture Replacer? :sticktongue:

We only have hi res pictures of half the planet. So no accurate maps until we send another probe to Pluto. Pray that one of those moons is a derelict alien spaceship so they get funding for another mission.

I imagine there will be half accurate, half imagined maps within a few months though.

I too am hoping to see the actual Pluto in Real Solar System soon. But yea then I realized NH only saw half the planet. The other half would have to be fudged which I'm completely fine with.
The RSS team can just add some ~Perlin noise~ to the other side and call it good.

"False color" can be a risky phrase in this case, it's occasionally used to describe processes where various colors are assigned, to create high contrast between different materials.

Yep, that's why I said true colors exaggerated. :)

Being the coloration comes from the color filters on Ralph, this tells me they've got preliminary spectral data (which I believe they said was the priority 1 data to be sent). I'm a little disappointed they're not stating (or even speculating) what the colored regions represent ... other than the obvious we've all heard about before and have been discussing... it's poorly defined in the image text.

I'm a little disappointed they're not stating (or even speculating) what the colored regions represent ... other than the obvious we've all heard about before and have been discussing... it's poorly defined in the image text.
Maybe they just want to take a nap during the next 4.5 hours.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.