[0.25] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2

Astronomer

Which features do you like the most?  

1,335 members have voted

1. 1. Which features do you like the most?

• Semi-Procedural Auroras
    • Clouds for Eve & Jool
    • 29MB Lightning
    • Lens Flare
    • Snow
    • Sandstorms and Surface Dust
    • Atmospheric Scattering
    • Interstellar Music Replacement
    • New Sun
    • Surface Glow

Im a bit confused with the ATM thing. should i use aggressive or basic?

EDIT: also i don't know what the difference is between x86 and x64. so wich 1 of those should i use?

x86 is for the 32-bit version of KSP while x64 refers to the 64-bit version. Whether you use aggressive or basic is really going to depend on how much memory you need to save while the game is running. Try basic first.

x86 is for the 32-bit version of KSP while x64 refers to the 64-bit version. Whether you use aggressive or basic is really going to depend on how much memory you need to save while the game is running. Try basic first.

Iv tried all of the downloads. but every time i try. ksp grins to a halt on loading. and i have to close it with talk manager. D: it never did this before. i also tried a clean install. same result

Astronomer,

I was questioning my sanity and ability to control impulse buying after I recently purchased an i7-4790K @ 4.5GHz and 16GB RAM to match a GTX760. Interstellar has reassured me of my overkill choices. Absolutely beautiful.

Q: I'm running Linux 64-bit and the original Interstellar release (no ATM - 5.9GB process); a second or two of freeze-up on initial scene/ship loading, but otherwise no issues. Would Interstellar v2 offer anything or shall I just keep drooling?

Thanks again for an excellent mod.

As for the city lights, no one has thus far reported any issues with them once a vessel is loaded.

Eh. Quoting myself couple posts above your post.

-Eve has no clouds anymore (Not talking about the extra clouds)

-Kerbin has no Night City Lights (Even with the fix provided)

-Duna has no atmosphere

My major gripes with this.

Except Duna now has atmosphere and clouds

Edited by Las-pen

No one else seems to have experienced such issues, so it's probably an installation issue. Try completely uninstalling EVE and AVP (delete the BoulderCo folder), then reinstall. If using ATM (which you should be) make sure to reinstall the CFGs which go in the BoulderCo folder.

Astronomer,

I was questioning my sanity and ability to control impulse buying after I recently purchased an i7-4790K @ 4.5GHz and 16GB RAM to match a GTX760. Interstellar has reassured me of my overkill choices. Absolutely beautiful.

Q: I'm running Linux 64-bit and the original Interstellar release (no ATM - 5.9GB process); a second or two of freeze-up on initial scene/ship loading, but otherwise no issues. Would Interstellar v2 offer anything or shall I just keep drooling?

I actually think that v2 runs better for me than the previous versions. I have been using the win64 bit KSP with the 512 volumetric clouds and all the optional configs for Interstellar and my EVGA 760 has handled it like a champ. Most of the time I get a full 60 fps. I do get occasional lag spikes, but I think my AMD 8320 CPU is bottlenecking my performance and not the GPU. My CPU fan runs at full blast during launch, but calms down afterwards. Your CPU is definitely better than mine. Also I only have 8 gb of RAM (though hopefully I will have 8 more waiting for me in the mail when I get home tonight.)

that is due to the new ATM make sure u using 4.2 and clear the cache.

also remember the new atm can take hours to finish depending on how many and how heavy the mods are u use.

Astronomer,

Congrats on the new build!

You can see the full V2 changelist on the original post. :]

That's likely because of non-power of two textures. They likely can't be properly compressed and are, in general, asking for trouble (also with DDS conversion and mipmaps).

You might still be running out of memory; check output_log.txt for an out of memory error.

The output log does say that I've ran out of memory. I thought ATM was supposed to reduce the RAM footprint? How can I get this to load up on 32-bit then? It works fabulously on 64-bit, but for some reason FAR isn't loading at all for my VAB launch vehicles and my control surfaces don't work at all so my rockets always end up spinning out of control. I really want to get this working with 32-bit so I can determine if 64-bit is causing the issue or not.

That, or you could try the unlocked version that is available on the forum. Do that at your own risk (though you shouldn't run into issues if 64bit itself works for you).

FAR is disabled in 64-bit. I suggest running in Opengl 32-bit or reducing the Mods you have active. D3D9 on KSP is a memory black hole.

I tried opengl without ATM and it loaded fine, but it crashed when I tried a scene change, saying that I've ran out of VRAM. With ATM, I still get stuck loading on the same file and my RAM usage is unchanged, 3.08 GB, either with aggressive ATM, basic ATM, or ATM with opengl.

So how am I supposed to get this working on 32-bit? Aside from B9, all of my other mods are just plugins. I could remove some parts from B9 but I doubt it'd be enough of a change. Really the only reason I'm back to KSP after several months of not playing is because I saw AVP, I like the better atmospheric effects, stock Kerbin with EVE is too plain for me now. And B9 and FAR are must haves for me.

I tried opengl without ATM and it loaded fine, but it crashed when I tried a scene change, saying that I've ran out of VRAM. With ATM, I still get stuck loading on the same file and my RAM usage is unchanged, 3.08 GB, either with aggressive ATM, basic ATM, or ATM with opengl.

So how am I supposed to get this working on 32-bit? Aside from B9, all of my other mods are just plugins. I could remove some parts from B9 but I doubt it'd be enough of a change. Really the only reason I'm back to KSP after several months of not playing is because I saw AVP, I like the better atmospheric effects, stock Kerbin with EVE is too plain for me now. And B9 and FAR are must haves for me.

Even the plugins use system memory, ATM hands off the textures to the video card, if you don't have the VRAM to handle it your only option is to reduce the amount or size of textures that are loading. Use the low res option for this pack and see if that works. Also make sure you're using the Aggressive ATM version.

Wait for ATM to do it's thing go to atm main page and read the bold text :)

Bob fitch mentioned that removing some useless parts that you will not use anytime soon in his AMA opengl episode.

just realised what is the problem. Go and edit the config for that part/thing in atmcfgs folder

Edited by Joshwoo69
linky added to bob fitch

I have problem with Interstellar Pack...

I used Obvilion pack. like it a lot. today i tried to install Intersterllar and could not make it to work. game crashes before entering main menu. for now i rolled back to Obvilion. any suggestions of why it crashes? i think it is something to do with EnvironmentVisualEnchansements and its settings, because when i delete it KSP works.

I have problem with Interstellar Pack...

I used Obvilion pack. like it a lot. today i tried to install Intersterllar and could not make it to work. game crashes before entering main menu. for now i rolled back to Obvilion. any suggestions of why it crashes? i think it is something to do with EnvironmentVisualEnchansements and its settings, because when i delete it KSP works.

read through this thread and you find you are not alone with these issues. the new textures are quite large, that's part of why the pack looks so good. For one thing you can try using ATM. or, what I did was run in force-openGL mode. this reduces the RAM required by the game to roughly half, with no significant reduction in quality. or do both. and lastly, run with minimal graphics options from the pack and get it to work with the smallest textures. then slowly increase the texture sizes (yes that means quitting and reopening the game every time) until you're just under crashing. Then, to be safe, go back down one texture size. although with only open GL mode enabled, not ATM, i was able to install the largest textures and run stable at full graphics settings in 32 bit. granted i don't use FAR, but i've still got B9, firespitter, and loads of other mods

Well my install went without a hitch and even with the hi-res clouds the game loaded without ATM in open-gl. Granted.. I haven't really tried many scene changes yet. The lightning is nice... but.. unfortunately there are no storm clouds to compliment it. And it looks strange seeing lightning in these fine whispy clouds. So I may remove the lightning.. But there is one major concern I have. Now something may not be right, but.. the stock horizon glow is horrendous. Now I know its gone in Proot's pack because he uses the RSS config so can I use that to do something similar? Or.. is something wrong and the glow shouldn't be there? It gets really bad at noon. Like a quarter of the sky up from the horizon is just white.

Other then that.. Astronomer you are a genius for devising that installation method.

Edit: Pics.

JrFM0xe.jpg

KKMIRHO.jpg

s0j1MZ3.jpg

LOG

Output_log

Edit 2: The glow on the horizon is gone when I drop Proot's RSS config in. Though I cant imagine what that could be breaking if anything. And on that note.. I have no city lights. With or without Proot's RSS... I keep a fresh copy of the zip for reference and everything seems to be in order file wise

Edit 3: Nevermind about the lights! Lol.. I just wasn't looking hard enough. There amazing, fantastic job.

Edited by Motokid600