Planet Factory Revived for Kopernicus/KittopiaTech - Version 0.04

_Augustus_

RELEASE THREAD

I've created PF planets for Kopernicus, but with some tweaks.

Some pics:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Some pictures of a mission to Etaria, a moon of the sub-brown dwarf Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, which orbits Serious. The spacecraft also flew by Joker, Kerbolis, and Pingle:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

A short video of some messing around with this mod:

Edited by _Augustus_

HOORAY!

I love this. Thanks so much.

EDIT: Would it be possible for you or someone to do the Urania pack? That would be epic!

Thanks!

Urania itself is possible, but actual terrain for moons can't currently be done without RealSolarSystem. Skelton and Joker right now have no new terrain and if you get close enough the new textures dissapear.

Good to see Planet Factory planets back in action!

Just a quick note--to comply with the Add-on Posting Rules your download zip will require a copy of the license.

Also, you're shipping configs for both Distant Objects and for PlanetShine without mentioning it, configs which (a) overwrite people's existing files, (B) collide, and © will override people's existing settings. Please fix that. :)

Good to see Planet Factory planets back in action!

Just a quick note--to comply with the Add-on Posting Rules your download zip will require a copy of the license.

Also, you're shipping configs for both Distant Objects and for PlanetShine without mentioning it, configs which (a) overwrite people's existing files, (B) collide, and © will override people's existing settings. Please fix that. :)

Okay. I'm updating everything as we speak.

Nathan, could you also help me add PQS to these by possibly making some kind of stripped-down RSS clone that can only edit atmosphere heights and add new textures and heightmaps?

If not that's fine, but I hate that every solid body but Nall just turns into a stock body. Skelton doesn't even have the proper atmo height.

I'm also trying to reduce the number of dependencies.

Edited by _Augustus_

Thanks.

There's no need for a stripped-down RSS, RSS only ever does exactly what you tell it. If you only tell it to do those things, those are the only things it will do.

The solar panel fixer hates KittopiaTech's starfix. It goes nuts and stops RSS from ever editing the planets, leaving you trapped at the main menu.

The sheer redness of this star is unrealistic. Try for something more like the old version.

It's meant to be an L0-class main sequence star.

Edited by _Augustus_

It's meant to be an M6-class star. M7-M9 stars are even more red.

I don't think so. That star is pretty red there, pretty much the lowest frequency visible to the human eye. Even a "red" star will emit tons of colors aside from red. For example, our sun is a yellow sun, but it really only has a yellow tint.

As I understand it, if you reduce its light output off of something and compare it to a pure "white light," you would see it has a yellowish tint. If you look straight at the sun, it appears white. Similarly, a red star will have a red tint, but, if you looks straight at all but the dimmest stars up close, you will perceive a white star. So, because of the light ouptut limits of our screens, to make a realistic-looking star you need to start with a white star and slightly reduce the values of each color until you have a slight tint, not overwhelm our screens with bright neon red. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_classification

There's a chart a little way down the page showing the actual apparent color of stars.

Edited by Vaporo

The solar panel fixer hates KittopiaTech's starfix. It goes nuts and stops RSS from ever editing the planets, leaving you trapped at the main menu.

It's meant to be an M6-class star. M7-M9 stars are even more red.

Thus your brown dwarf is a brown dwarf round a brown dwarf.

Thus your brown dwarf is a brown dwarf round a brown dwarf.

No. Volcaniosis (whatever it is) is a sub-brown dwarf with just 8 Jool masses (Brown dwarfs irl need 13 jupiter masses to be brown dwarfs, jool is basically jupiter).

And Serious is actually (I changed my mind) an L0-class star that fuses hydrogen. (Yes, there are a few L-dwarfs that fuse hydrogen and not deuterium)

Edited by _Augustus_

And Serious is actually (I changed my mind) an L0-class star that fuses hydrogen. (Yes, there are a few L-dwarfs that fuse hydrogen and not deuterium)

Ok, that's better, but it's still quite a bit on the red side.

EDIT: Disregard this. I got Serious and you brown dwarf mixed up.

Serious looks ok, to me. Your brown dwarf is still too red and shouldn't emit much light, though. It would be more realistic to make it an extremely massive gas giant, if Kopernicus allows it.

Edited by Vaporo

No. Volcaniosis (whatever it is) is a sub-brown dwarf with just 8 Jool masses (Brown dwarfs irl need 13 jupiter masses to be brown dwarfs, jool is basically jupiter).

If [Lung SiO2 disease] is a sub-brown dwarf, why does it glow?

If [Lung SiO2 disease] is a sub-brown dwarf, why does it glow?

That's an illusion. It doesn't actually glow. It just has a bright atmo ramp.

And even sub-brown dwarfs glow marginally.

Everyone, I'm about to upload an epic video of possibly the worst landing attempt on Joker ever.

The solar panel fixer only runs because it's told to run in RealSolarSystemSettings.cfg. If you remove the power curve, it won't run. That's true for anything RSS does: like I said, RSS only does things if you tell it to.

The light fixer is causing everything to receive light from an invisible source, how do I delete it?