Kopernicus Core - Version NAN - Outdated

_Augustus_

Here's a thought, has anyone attempted to add the RSS planets to the stock system? So we have both the stock bodies and the real planets? I'v been playing around with it some but not having much luck.

I've been thinking about making our own solar system a planet pack. It should be pretty easy, especially in Space Engine, but I haven't gotten around to making something like that yet.

When I clicked on the link on the first page for how to make rings and stars emit light, I didn't see a tutorial on that. what page is it on? Also, what are some easy texture making and normal map making tools, just in case I make a planet pack.

I've been thinking about making our own solar system a planet pack. It should be pretty easy, especially in Space Engine, but I haven't gotten around to making something like that yet.

Real Solar System already changes the stock planets to our own solar system, but a new planet pack is always welcome.

The textures are already available with RSS, they just need to be adapted to Kopernicus. I'm having issues atm doing it. I tried to add mars but when you get close the textures go away and it's just a bright reddish/white color.

I got bored and decided to play around with mapDecals. Here are some preliminary results.

yXmGnfH.png

0hLOP5u.png

HyTm03I.jpg

kLDhYGK.jpg

Unfortunately I had to hardcode these in and recomplie the dll so it's not compatible with anything. While I was at it I reenabled the original Kopernicus planet which is actually Mars and you can see in the picture above. The decal I used was taken from planetfactory Skelton.

I got bored and decided to play around with mapDecals. Here are some preliminary results.

http://i.imgur.com/yXmGnfH.png

http://i.imgur.com/0hLOP5u.png

http://i.imgur.com/HyTm03I.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kLDhYGK.jpg

Unfortunately I had to hardcode these in and recomplie the dll so it's not compatible with anything. While I was at it I reenabled the original Kopernicus planet which is actually Mars and you can see in the picture above. The decal I used was taken from planetfactory Skelton.

Aww. Looks fun though!

Do you have your changes in a fork on GitHub? It could be a useful starting point for someone to extend the config loading system to handle this...

I am having an issue when using scanSat on the planets. THe mods all work, but the scan results for any Kopernicus added planet all look like the Stella planet with the large ice caps. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and or fixed it. Thanks so much for this incredible mod!

I am having an issue when using scanSat on the planets. THe mods all work, but the scan results for any Kopernicus added planet all look like the Stella planet with the large ice caps. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and or fixed it. Thanks so much for this incredible mod!

Did you changed the planet view and refreshed it?

I see the name of a new expansion made by _Augustus_...a new star ?

Yeah. Currently with just a gas giant.

Unfortunately, Kopernicus now refuses to load on my new computer, I've tried deleting Lavinia and it still doesn't work.

Also, I'm making Lavinia because my new computer supports SpaceEngine and I want to make my own planets for the first time.

I'm very interested in the Stella system. Now even more of a exploration target, and if I make my previous jool project a cinematic(still unlikely, I don't have recording&editing software, might get though, earliest summer break), then if my computer can handle this, I will go here for a cinematic. I like gas giants with habitable moons.

I'm very interested in the Stella system. Now even more of a exploration target, and if I make my previous jool project a cinematic(still unlikely, I don't have recording&editing software, might get though, earliest summer break), then if my computer can handle this, I will go here for a cinematic. I like gas giants with habitable moons.

Almost any computer can handle this mod.

I'm having trouble with this. I'm trying to make a small(ish) Tylo based body called Berdim orbiting Eeloo, and it keeps not loading when I start up the game (Yes, I have Kopernicus installed). I made a new cfg file called "Berdim.cfg", here it is:

@Kopernicus
{
Body
{
name = Berdim
flightGlobalsIndex = 2000
Template
{
name = Tylo
}
Properties
{
description = Eeloo Moon?

radius = 42000

mass = 2.2298716e+20

geeASL = 0.0344
}
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Eeloo
color = 1,1,1,1
inclination = 1.76
eccentricity = 0.01
semiMajorAxis = 4800000
longitudeOfAscendingNode = 0
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 0
}
ScaledVersion
{
Material
{
texture = Kopernicus/Textures/BerdimMap
normals = Kopernicus/Textures/BerdimNormal
}
}
}

And I then added this to to bottom of the RealSolarSystem cfg, right under where it says some stuff about this "Runo" thing. This is what I added:

Berdim
{
PQS
{
Berdim
{
PQSMod_VertexHeightMap
{
heightMap = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/BerdimBump.png
}
Add
{
PQSMod_VertexColorMapBlend
{
vertexColorMap = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/BerdimMap.png
blend = 1.0
color = 0.01, 0.01, 0.01, 1.0
order = 999999
}
}

So, what's causing it to not load? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Nicholander

I'm having trouble with this. I'm trying to make a small(ish) Tylo based body called Berdim orbiting Eeloo, and it keeps not loading when I start up the game (Yes, I have Kopernicus installed). I made a new cfg file called "Berdim.cfg", here it is:

@Kopernicus
{
Body
{
name = Berdim
flightGlobalsIndex = 2000
Template
{
name = Tylo
}
Properties
{
description = Eeloo Moon?

radius = 42000

mass = 2.2298716e+20

geeASL = 0.0344
}
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Eeloo
color = 1,1,1,1
inclination = 1.76
eccentricity = 0.01
semiMajorAxis = 4800000
longitudeOfAscendingNode = 0
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
epoch = 0
}
ScaledVersion
{
Material
{
texture = Kopernicus/Textures/BerdimMap
normals = Kopernicus/Textures/BerdimNormal
}
}
}

And I then added this to to bottom of the RealSolarSystem cfg, right under where it says some stuff about this "Runo" thing. This is what I added:

Berdim
{
PQS
{
Berdim
{
PQSMod_VertexHeightMap
{
heightMap = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/BerdimBump.png
}
Add
{
PQSMod_VertexColorMapBlend
{
vertexColorMap = GameData/Kopernicus/Textures/BerdimMap.png
blend = 1.0
color = 0.01, 0.01, 0.01, 1.0
order = 999999
}
}

So, what's causing it to not load? Thanks in advance!

I'm having this issue too, even when I delete the config. It's something to do with a mod or your game.

Do you both have TextureReplacer installed?

We had that issue with the latest version of OPM, turns out TextureReplacer was unloading maps from kopernicus, causing RSS to skip doing whatever magic it does. Add exceptions for unloading in the @Default.cfg, or download the latest version - shaw already added the exceptions to the release.

Do you both have TextureReplacer installed?

We had that issue with the latest version of OPM, turns out TextureReplacer was unloading maps from kopernicus, causing RSS to skip doing whatever magic it does. Add exceptions for unloading in the @Default.cfg, or download the latest version - shaw already added the exceptions to the release.

Ah. Thanks!

Actually, it still doesn't work...

Edited by _Augustus_

Apart from some ddsified textures, that was all i turned up with ._.

After that i am out of ideas.

Go through the logs, search for your planets name, or name of textures associated with it. Maybe something interesting is mentioned there.

I don't have Texture Replacer, these are the mods I have:

DDSLoader

Kerbaltek

KittopiaSpace

Kopernicus

MechJeb2

RealSolarSystem

ModuleManager

That's all. However, I did notice I'm using a slightly outdated version of Kopernicus, 1.2.5, not 1.2.6. Also, A bunch of other mods instead have all the planet stuff added into the "System.cfg" file, and not in there own separate files. Should I do that?

I don't have Texture Replacer, these are the mods I have:

DDSLoader

Kerbaltek

KittopiaSpace

Kopernicus

MechJeb2

RealSolarSystem

ModuleManager

That's all. However, I did notice I'm using a slightly outdated version of Kopernicus, 1.2.5, not 1.2.6. Also, A bunch of other mods instead have all the planet stuff added into the "System.cfg" file, and not in there own separate files. Should I do that?

Don't do that, it ruins compatibility with other planet packs.

I think this whole issue is KSP being a jerk. Kopernicus appears to be loading the planets and everything, they just don't show up.

Hmm... I went through the KSP Output log, adn found this:

Exception: Texture "Kopernicus/Textures/BerdimMap.png" not found

That is the only mention of the word "Berdim" in the entire log.

No mention of any exceptions or errors in my output.log at all.