Waffles vs french toast! Who will win.

ac30fspad35

waffles or french toast  

100 members have voted

1. 1. waffles or french toast

Blue waffle is a conspiracy by the French-toastinati to discredit the better breakfast food.

PSA: Do not Google blue waffle. I am not kidding or being facetious, it's a faked picture meant to disgust people that you will regret seeing.

xqW0z0R.png

P.S. - We're back to a tie! Ya!

Another good reason for french toast...

Kellogg's waffles:

"Enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, vitamin B1 [thiamin mononitrate], vitamin B2 [riboflavin], folic acid), water, vegetable oil (soybean, palm, and/or canola oil), eggs, leavening (baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate), contains 2% or less of sugar, salt, whey, soy lecithin, yellow 5, yellow 6."

My french toast:

Homemade bread (flour, yeast, sugar, salt, water, butter), eggs, salt, butter, real maple syrup... can also add berries/fruit/cinnamon/etc.

:P

Another good reason for french toast...

Kellogg's waffles:

"Enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, vitamin B1 [thiamin mononitrate], vitamin B2 [riboflavin], folic acid), water, vegetable oil (soybean, palm, and/or canola oil), eggs, leavening (baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate), contains 2% or less of sugar, salt, whey, soy lecithin, yellow 5, yellow 6."

My french toast:

Homemade bread (flour, yeast, sugar, salt, water, butter), eggs, salt, butter, real maple syrup... can also add berries/fruit/cinnamon/etc.

:P

Comparing processed, manufactured food to homemade? That's the sort of unfair comparison that the French-toastinati use to mislead. A homemade waffle will have none of those preservatives or colorants, while manufactured French toast kits (or even manufactured bread) will.

I never seem to have the right proportion of bread slices to egg mixture when I make French toast. There's too much uncertainty and variation in one slice of bread's capacity to soak up egg, which inevitably leads to waste. This phenomenon is decidedly unscientific.

In contrast, waffles (Belgian and otherwise) have a fixed volume of mix per griddle load. Pancakes are even better in this respect--big pancakes, small pancakes, they're all delicious no matter how much (or how little) batter you have left. In all of these cases, and in sharp contrast to French toast, it's an easy matter to add delicious fillings (I prefer blueberries for pancakes, raspberries for waffles) just by mixing in the extra ingredients to the completed batter.

Let me explain breakfasts using middle-earth metaphors.

Cereal is the race of Men, common and with varying quality.

Oatmeal are the Halflings, the hobbits. Warm and cozy

Pancakes are the Dwarves, Stout and Stocky

Breakfast burritos are the Eagles, Regal and mighty

French toast is the Orcs. Soggy, messy and corrupted

Waffles are the Elves, Fair and beautiful, brilliant and proud, they are the most blessed of the Breakfasts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.