Graphical glitches at KSC and inside Hangers

KSP version: v0.90.0 Beta Ubuntu 14.04 64bit

What happens: Grass disappears, is replaced by black/blue at the KSC and while using the editor.

Mods/addons All-stock

Steps to replicate

Just boot KSP.

Results: Graphical glitches at KSC such as these http://imgur.com/a/Shwzh

Other Notes/Pictures/Log Files:

Moving the camera view around doesn't do much. Sometimes it'll flicker to the grass (the way it's supposed to look) but only for a second or two.

System info: http://www./view/u55kccf8r7mcd72/hardinfo_report.txt

Edited by zukalop

Please see the stickies zukalop, we'll need more info from you on this, also make sure your files are good, do a file verification, though you may just find this issue goes away on a re-start.

Edit:

zukalop, can you try turning on anti aliasing?

Edited by sal_vager

Alright, I guess you'll have to force AA via the nvidia control panel per application instead of using the one built into Unity/KSP, unless the new option in Settings also effects this. (edge highlighting)

Edited by sal_vager

Alright, I guess you'll have to force AA via the nvidia control panel per application instead of using the one built into Unity/KSP, unless the new option in Settings also effects this. (edge highlighting)

I guess this should be done through the nVidia XServer panel but it looks too complicated and possibly dangerous to bang my head against it right now. I'll probably experiment a bit tomorrow. I wish you guys good luck, kinda feel your pain since every new software release is always a new wave of bugs ;.;...

Hey guys, I don't think this is specific to the video card, as I am seeing it with my Intel graphics card as well. Looks exactly the same.

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)

For what its worth, I was not experiencing this issue with 0.25

I was seeing this issue: black VAB area, could only see the menus. I have the same Intel card. Enabled "Fallback part shaders", disabled AA in game and it started working, yay! The weird thing is, I disabled it again, re-enabled AA and all seems good. o_O

What I got looks completely different.

0SuIqa9.png

It looks like this using both Intel graphics (Intel Core i7-2620M with Mesa 10.3.5) and nVidia graphics via Bumblebee (nvidia 343.36) with Xorg 1.16.2.901 in both the x86 and x86_64 versions on Arch Linux. This particular image was with Intel graphics and the x86 version. I tried enabling fallback part shaders and disabling AA in KSP but that did not correct the problem.

I have more screenshots on imgur.

hi, am seeing this as well:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Crystal Well Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 08) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

Kubuntu 14.10 , Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200

Turning off Anti-Aliasing fixes the issue. Turning AA to 2x after this and the KSC and VAB views are still OK per the post above. Wasn't evident in 0.25

What I got looks completely different.

http://i.imgur.com/0SuIqa9.png

It looks like this using both Intel graphics (Intel Core i7-2620M with Mesa 10.3.5) and nVidia graphics via Bumblebee (nvidia 343.36) with Xorg 1.16.2.901 in both the x86 and x86_64 versions on Arch Linux. This particular image was with Intel graphics and the x86 version. I tried enabling fallback part shaders and disabling AA in KSP but that did not correct the problem.

I have more screenshots on imgur.

I think that's... normal? If you're thinking about the shrunk buildings, that's just a new feature of 0.9, you now have to earn moniez to upgrade them to their full size :cool:.

I can confirm the problem from the OP on Debian Linux 64-bit (on a Macbookpro Retina with Intel card).

00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Crystal Well PCI Express x16 Controller (rev 08)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Crystal Well Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 08)

Also confirm that turning off the anti-aliasing solves all problems.

cheers,

paul

Know this thread is primarily dealing with the Linux version but I am seeing similar issues on Windows (Vista with an ATI Radeon gpu) with the space center and in the VAB and SPH where textures don't load correctly. on the space center screen sometimes my whole facility will be under water. This shows up both with modded and stock instances of the game for me and also pops up if my windowed instance of the game looses focus, about the only fix I have found that works is to open the settings menu and hit either apply or accept which usually forces the game to reload the textures.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.