[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.53 June 12

pjf

12 hours ago, Nnimrod said:

Is it possible that your ship is just too large, and you don't notice the force of the thrusters? The particle effect for the exhaust is very hard to notice (After all it's just some compressed air), and it's only making something like 50 newtons of force, so it's easy to not notice.

Did some more testing and it seems that you were right! I just did not have enough force! :D First time I use these mods so I thought 4 of them would be enough but it seems that it's enough only in space and they do actually nothing in atmosphere! Thank you. :) 

Damn it's so hard to get to orbit with these mods, I had no problems at all getting to other planets at stock... :D I even followed the tutorial to get to orbit but my ship is not making a good gravity turn, it just turns 90 degrees at 12km altitude... I just can not place the fins in the right position, the ship either turning too fast or too slow or even turning upside down... :/ 

Edited by Tukas

1 hour ago, Phineas Freak said:

What is the problem? In the latest development version of RP-0 this specific problem was solved.

They Give a crazy amount of money, around 9,600 funds per milestone!

Edited by Djolox

24 minutes ago, Djolox said:

They Give a crazy amount of money, around 9,600 funds per milestone!

Problem is already solved in the development version, world firsts were removed. Although, it is still to be rolled out in the proper release of version 0.41. If you want, you can follow some instructions on posts above to run the development version.

1 minute ago, leudaimon said:

Problem is already solved in the development version, world firsts were removed. Although, it is still to be rolled out in the proper release of version 0.41. If you want, you can follow some instructions on posts above to run the development version.

Correct. @Djoloxyou need to get the latest development version of RP-0 but don't forget to copy over the tree.cfg file (otherwise you won't have the correct technology tree).

Correct. @Djoloxyou need to get the latest development version of RP-0 but don't forget to copy over the tree.cfg file (otherwise you won't have the correct technology tree).

Thx, I will try to run the newest version.

Step 1: Go to the official RP-0 GitHub repository.

Step 2: Click the "Download ZIP" button. It will prompt you to download a file named "RP-0-master.zip".

Step 3: Save the file and extract it's contents.

Step 4: Navigate to the "RP-0-master/GameData" folder (from the extracted .zip contents).

Step 5: Copy the "RP-0" folder located inside the "RP-0-master/GameData" to the preferred KSP installation.

Step 1: Go to the official RP-0 GitHub repository.

Step 2: Click the "Download ZIP" button. It will prompt you to download a file named "RP-0-master.zip".

Step 3: Save the file and extract it's contents.

Step 4: Navigate to the "RP-0-master/GameData" folder (from the extracted .zip contents).

Step 5: Copy the "RP-0" folder located inside the "RP-0-master/GameData" to the preferred KSP installation.

Step 6: download the latest release version

step 7: get the tree.cfg file from it and paste on the RP-0 folder inside GameData

1 hour ago, leudaimon said:

yeah, that's why I told him to get only the tree.cfg file from the current release after installing the development version. The world first fix is not on tree.cfg, so he should be safe using it from a previous release. 

Forget whatever i wrote before. Apparently, too much KSP does more harm than good...

@Djoloxno, it is not. Did you follow all the steps mentioned above?

23 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

Forget whatever i wrote before. Apparently, too much KSP does more harm than good...

@Djoloxno, it is not. Did you follow all the steps mentioned above?

I did, but still, the contracts don't want to go away. Even After fresh install of RP-0

Edit: I played around a bit more, and now it works, but every time I do a contract, the game lags for a moment.

Edited by Djolox

13 hours ago, Tukas said:

Did some more testing and it seems that you were right! I just did not have enough force! :D First time I use these mods so I thought 4 of them would be enough but it seems that it's enough only in space and they do actually nothing in atmosphere! Thank you. :) 

Damn it's so hard to get to orbit with these mods, I had no problems at all getting to other planets at stock... :D I even followed the tutorial to get to orbit but my ship is not making a good gravity turn, it just turns 90 degrees at 12km altitude... I just can not place the fins in the right position, the ship either turning too fast or too slow or even turning upside down... :/ 

In the early stages when you're just launching sounding rockets, you can't really do gravity turns.  I could launch straight up just fine but launching at any kind of angle would quickly result in my rocket diving at the ground.  Once I got back sounding rockets and had my first semi-controllable core, things got easier.  Of course, I do use Mechjeb for ascent guidance but even without it, launching with the controllable core wasn't a huge problem.  Just remember you want to make tiny corrections and keep your nose pointed prograde for pretty much the entire atmospheric portion of the flight.  Also, if you have the tech level for it, try swapping the type of fuel your RCS engine uses.  Nitrogen is fine on tiny payloads but HTP or Hydrazine are better if your payload is over .25t  And I tend to use NTO/MMH larger payloads or 2nd/3rd stage rockets unless I'm intentionally recreating an existing rocket stage.

That all said, once you get the hang of getting rockets into orbit using RO, you'll find it hard getting them into orbit in stock.  :) At least I do.  I find I no longer turn enough in stock and have to spend a lot of energy at apoapsis trying to circulize my orbit.  :)  Or I overcompensate early on and burn up cause I'm nearly parallel to the ground at 5km.  *chuckle*

sorry to ask what is most likely a question about soviet rockets/probes that is answered by the still "WIP" section they are in, but are the rockets/probes suggested to be used without "game breaking" my RP-0 career? cause i have a few engines that seem fairly OP in their respected nodes (either by thrust or isp or both). Should i remove the WIP mods (soviet rockets/probes, universal storage, FASA and DMagic orbital science)?

5 hours ago, Aazard said:

Should i remove the WIP mods (soviet rockets/probes, universal storage, FASA and DMagic orbital science)?

As far as I understand it, any parts that are in a node, and don't have any labels that state it "Non-RO", "Non RP-0" or "RP-0 no cost" are properly balanced for gameplay, regardless of the mod they come from.

As @leudaimonsaid, you always search for the parts that do not have any kind of "tag" in their title. "non - RO" means that the part is not configured at all (not compatible with either RO or RP-0), "non-RP-0" means that the part is configured for RO but it is not correctly costed and placed in the tech tree and "RP-0-nocost" means that the part is correctly costed but not placed in the correct tech tree node.

RO and RP-0 apply specific filters if you use the Filter Extensions mod and leave only the compatible parts able to be used (although some slip past these filters from time to time).

2 hours ago, Djolox said:

Hey, Is it normal for those "test the part" contracts to appear? They filled my contract list quickly!

Not really. In the beginning you should get only sounding rocket and x-plane contracts besides the "launch a satellite" and "first flight".

Any tentative estimates on TACLS? Before 2016?

Definitely ready for an official 1.0.5 RP-0 release! Planning on actually sticking to one career playthrough for awhile ^.^

Edited by Nnimrod

16 hours ago, leudaimon said:

Not really. In the beginning you should get only sounding rocket and x-plane contracts besides the "launch a satellite" and "first flight".

Wait, they appeared after a lot of playing, after I did "launch a satellite"!