Glued to Launchpad

Hi all,

since 0.90.0 came out I've been noticing that quite a few rockets end up glued to the launchpad (literally) even when I know that my TWR is much greater than 1.

Tipping the rocket to the side a bit seems to unstick them but it's unreliable at best.

Has anyone else noticed this glitch and have a solution?

Note: Using launch clamps so that the ship doesn't touch the pad prevents the issue.

Cas.

I've had this a few times with the tier two pad, though only with one rocket, sometimes the Unity engine thinks a part (vessel) is deep enough in another part (launchpad) that it doesn't know the vessel should be able to easily move away.

At lest that's what it seems like.

I just had the same thing multiple times with the same rocket. a couple of t200's and a t400 with a 45, attached 2 baccs radially and each bacc had an RT10 on the bottom. Rocket wouldn't lift off, TWR of 1.68

Attached a pair of stability enhancers to get it off the ground and got "Rocket too high" warning. Lowered the rocket and the Launchpad ate the rocket. When I reverted to the VAB, all that was left was the capsule.

Tier 2 Launchpads suck.

Edit:

I rebuilt the rocket and set up the staging to fire the LVT45 with the RT10's on the first stage. It lifted off. It wouldn't lift off with just the RT10's.

Edited by xcorps

i can confirm the same issue, happens mostly only with the tier 2 pad, although i've had one occurrence in sandbox mode. seems to happen at random, some large heavy craft work fine, some light ones dont,

anyway my solution was learnt in classic ksp, put decouplers under the engines, you recover them for 100% cost at next launch so it wont cost you, and seems to fix issue

EDIT:sleepily wrote "upside down", pictured situation wrong in head, removed now.

Edited by Shrike99

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.