New content in Beta?

Firefitter

I am a little confused.

Does the upgrade to Beta now mean that they are not adding new content anymore?

Not that i hate or am complaining if thats the case .. i was just wondering.

I am under the impression that alpha is where content is added and beta is a "stress Test" of that content. So a game only enters Beta if they consider it more or less final.

Can anyone in the know about this kind of thing set me straight?

Thanks!

Fire

Again you have not read what squad said diomeda, had just another thread. beta means all the tools are there to build the rest. With the help of this framework squad is now improving further. Maxmaps already confirmed ressources and a new aerodinamics version for future updates.

Greetings

Ben

Correct that adding content is the main objective during alpha; beta is more about balancing, polishing, removing remaining bugs.

But beta is not final, and we expect further (limited) content to be added.

i think thats kind of backwards. alpha was about implementing systems, content was limited to what was neccisary to test those systems. so i think we might actually start seeing more content now that were in beta. new content will be tempered with bug fixes and minor features, but i dont think they are done just yet. only time will tell.

It's really just a change of focus; While alpha was more about churning out content as fast as they could, Beta will now focus on polishing up existing features.

Just as they polished up features before, they will release more content now, but probably less than they used to.

All the framework is now done, Beta is about all the fancy things

Sto it seems we wont be seeing stock reentry heat or weather systems.

Why woudl anyone care about these while we have dectructable multi tier buildings :)

I mean its not like i want to go anywhere beyond space center.

Um no, there will be more features, resource gathering and fuel production is planned, as is multiplayer, an aero overhaul and to be honest if the devs decide they must have something else in because it's so cool, we'll see that as well.

But beta is where most of the back end stuff is done and the focus changes to content (mostly)

Please please please new landing gear! The landing gear is really really bad at least thats my opinion. Also I think stock fairings would be really cool. I mean with satellite contracts and new aerodynamics coming I feel that fairings are kinda must no?

i think most would agree that an important feature is launch effects, so that when we blast off into spaaaace when can ride a pillar of smoke and flame arising from the launchpad, and have smoke shoot out the side of the launchpad when we fire up the engines. :D

wouldnt that be cool?

Edited by Deadpangod3

Um no, there will be more features, resource gathering and fuel production is planned, as is multiplayer, an aero overhaul and to be honest if the devs decide they must have something else in because it's so cool, we'll see that as well.

But beta is where most of the back end stuff is done and the focus changes to content (mostly)

as you said yeah we will get some new stuff even as soon as the next update as Maxmaps twitted-" we planned the next update. Can't say much but expect aerodynamics and resources "

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.