[0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

Innsewerants

Mapsat only scans while it's turned on and the vehicle carrying it is the active vehicle.

And both those things were true, or I wouldn't have mentioned it. As it's a dev build I'm aware it won't always do what I expect; since I'm not a programmer, I have no idea what failure modes might tell the developer something interesting. :cool:

I don't know, it's working pretty well for me, it's actually faster changing ships than the old version was. What are your computer specs? I can't imagine there being any problem, as long as the computer can run KSP itself, there should be no problem with this mod. It may also be doing that scan for new planets which seems to make it freeze, but it's just thinking a lot I guess, give it some time or turn that option off, though it should be off by default I think.

i5 processor, 6 giga RAM, 2 giga Nvidia GTX card, Win 7 64. I suspect it might be a conflict with another mod actually, because freshly installed ISA worked normally. It started freezing two days ago.

for those of you that are having problems getting this to work.

1) from Page one, First paragraph :

Notice

I have been working on a new Mapsat for a while as many might be aware, this is taking longer than I had hoped, there's always something in the way of working on it.

For this reason I released a dev build of the next version, it's fully compatible with 0.20's new system. It is however a dev build meaning not all the planned stuff for 4.0 is in yet and what is might not have received any love in the GUI polish department yet. I have put a lot of time in ensuring the main functionality is all working correctly in 0.20 .

One thing that is considered broken at the moment is csv writing. It works but it's worthless, it hasn't been updated to properly work with the new scanning routines. It's on the to do list before I release the final on Spaceport.

More information and the download to the dev build can be found in my blog, see my signature or click the blog item to the left of this message.

this means That the links on the first page ARE NOT THE LINKS YOU WANT.

You Have To Go To His Blog And Get The Link From There. Not The Space Port, Not From any other place, At All.

If you did not get the ISA sat Files from Innsewerants Blog page, then you got the WRONG files.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/blog.php/16471-Innsewerants <-- This is the ONLY place you will find V20 working files. ONLY here. Just here, No where else. (atleast for now)

And please remember to delete the OLD versions of ISA out of where ever you put them.

Edited by Fyrem
I gave in and added the actuall url

i5 processor, 6 giga RAM, 2 giga Nvidia GTX card, Win 7 64. I suspect it might be a conflict with another mod actually, because freshly installed ISA worked normally. It started freezing two days ago.

Must be, try getting rid of the other mods one by one until it goes away. And Fyrem's posted reminds me, try turning off CSV saving (if you have it on) I haven't turned that on yet, so no idea if it causes lag or not.

I started freezing with the dish part too. Worked normally until I put other mods on, here's what im using

KSP Mods .20

Crew Manifest

Mechjeb 2.08

Protractor

Subassembly Loader & .20 Hotfix

RLA Electric Engines

Romfarer Suite of mods

Aviation Lights

Multiplayer mod (sort of)

Tacfuelbalancer

ISA Mapsat

B9 Aerospace

KSPX

Chatterer

Editor Tools

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Procedural Dynamic Wing

SM-S Plane Pack

Fairing factory

Kerbal Attachment System

All mods are versions completely up to date checked a few hours ago.

From this list i use:

KAS

SM plane pack

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Chatterer

KSPX

some parts from B9 pack (mostly cockpits)

ISA MapSat (obviously ;) )

Fuel Balancer

RLA Electric Engines

Subassembly Loader

Mechjeb 2.0.8

Crew Manifest

In case it is a compatibility issue with another mod cause the freezing I'll list the mods I have that we're listed above as well. Maybe it can be tracked down to one in particular.

Mechjeb 2.08

Subassembly Loader & .20 Hotfix

Romfarer Suite of mods

ISA Mapsat

B9 Aerospace

KSPX

All are updated to the most recent version available. I would say that since mechjeb and Romfarer bothe use plugins they might be the most like culprit. I've had issues with the Romfarer plugin before in earlier versions of the game, but not with ISA.

it isn't a compatibility issue.

see : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/32762-KSP-v0-20-1-mod-related-memory-bug

if you have too many mods that use PNG file (which are most mods) then your computer will choke to death.

This seems to be a high priority problem for Squad, and I would expect a 20.2 patch soon. (just a guess, but likely)

OK, i fixed it for myself. All it took was removing RLA Electric Engines of all things :P Doesn't this mod also have a pluging for engines sound? Maybe it was the culprit. Or maybe i just freed enough memory for ISA to work properly? :rolleyes:

Random bug report about the dev version.

I took a look into artefacts.dat and noticed this:

Minmus;60.05;23.78
Minmus;60.05;23.78
Kerbin;-13.44;-28.81
Kerbin;-128.52;81.96
Kerbin;-80.77;-0.64
Minmus;60.05;23.78
Minmus;60.05;23.78

I.e. artifact coordinates are duplicated on storage. Whether this leads to any more serious problems later on or not, I don't know.

it isn't a compatibility issue.

see : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/32762-KSP-v0-20-1-mod-related-memory-bug

if you have too many mods that use PNG file (which are most mods) then your computer will choke to death.

This seems to be a high priority problem for Squad, and I would expect a 20.2 patch soon. (just a guess, but likely)

To be fair, yes it is much worse in 20.1, 20.0 had the issue and (supposedly) does not have the PNG bug. I am running the dev build of ISA_MapSat and latest MechJeb and even on a reasonably high end computer [i7-2500k [3.4Ghz base, overclocking but not sure what I have it clocked to right now as not at that computer] 16Gb Memory and a GTX 560 Ti running from SSD] would get "stuttering" every time I would switch to a probe that has both MapSat and MechJeb. I have not done exclusion testing yet to see if it is MechJeb related, MapSat related or the combination of both, nor have I done resolution tweaking on 20.0 to see if it is just a case of tweaking the resolution [MapSat resolution, not graphics].

Once 20.2 comes out and I can verify that the problem is or is not still happening I will do some more rigorous testing and post more.

OK, i fixed it for myself. All it took was removing RLA Electric Engines of all things :P Doesn't this mod also have a pluging for engines sound? Maybe it was the culprit. Or maybe i just freed enough memory for ISA to work properly? :rolleyes:

Probably the latter. I spent a couple of hours trying to nail down a mod conflict with New Mapsat, and couldn't. The only fix was reducing the number of parts (and therefore increasing the available memory for Mapsat) -- and even then, Mapsat would only load once. If I switched to another craft -- even one without Mapsat -- it froze up. This is in 0.20, by the way. 0.20.1 wouldn't even load for me due to the PNG bug.

Getting a strange issue in 20.1 with the new 4.0 dev version.

All the images seem to not be displaying correctly, Image included:

JNmISl0.png

Any idea of a fix folks? I know its a dev version but would love to get mapping again ^^.

I'm also crashing every time I load a vessel with mapsat. It's not an issue of specs. Even a single Mk1-2 pod with a mapsat dish hangs KSP indefinitely.

I wish I hadn't deleted my old version...

Regardless, thanks for your efforts. I eagerly await a fix.

CtrlAltEL1TE

I had the same problem. It is most likely because you installed the mod with 'the old ways'. The new Mod Gods ask that you install your mod in the GameData directory. In that directory is Squad (squads stock stuff) and whatever mods you have so I new directory for MechJeb, one for ISA MapSat 4.0 and so on. Delete the incorrectly installed parts/plugins and it should display properly.

With KSP 0.20.1...

I had pretty bad stuttering problems over Eve yesterday, running at x50 speed. I'm assuming its down to the changes the devs made introducing the high-res textures when in orbit. That's what seemed to cause it. Probably the problem with png textures doesn't help much either. Guess I was just lucky KSP kept running.

Lets see if 0.20.2 works any better.

Edit: mmm maybe a little better, but still not great.

Edited by tek_604
added result

yall should be a little more pro-active in your use of the forums....

0.20.1 had a bug in it concerning .png and .jpeg textures...a bug that Squad had a post about in the support forum like an hour after 0.20.1 dropped....

the new way of installing mods is detailed...in several threads.......

@crooks4hire (haha, I like that name) sounds like you may have got the wrong version of ISA installed, you d/l the dev build from the OPs blog yes? I don't think the link here or on spaceport are the right version (unless that got changed in the past 8hrs)

is there a why we could incorporate mapsat functionality into other parts? It would be cool if i could add something to the config files of my fav cockpits to do this..

CtrlAltEL1TE

I had the same problem. It is most likely because you installed the mod with 'the old ways'. The new Mod Gods ask that you install your mod in the GameData directory. In that directory is Squad (squads stock stuff) and whatever mods you have so I new directory for MechJeb, one for ISA MapSat 4.0 and so on. Delete the incorrectly installed parts/plugins and it should display properly.

That did it. Thanks mate didnt realise the file system had changed.

I'm also crashing every time I load a vessel with mapsat. It's not an issue of specs. Even a single Mk1-2 pod with a mapsat dish hangs KSP indefinitely.

I wish I hadn't deleted my old version...

Regardless, thanks for your efforts. I eagerly await a fix.

When you first start the game with a new fresh map sat, it hangs. be patient, its generating a elevation file and png images.