[0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

Innsewerants

I figured out how to get white gridlines: use the command \'gridw##\' instead of \'grid##\'.

fantastic!

now i can use the map even in its current rough form to get an idea of where to land.

if i could leave it scanning and not have a crash it would be better....

how to coordinates line up on this map?

its 180 on one end and -180 on the other and the center is 0 degrees longitude

and the top is 90 and the bottom is -90 and the center is 0 degrees latitude

is that correct?

I am getting a lot of messed up data, basically the coordinates are way off. I am attaching my csv as a zip if you are interested in the results.. This was taken over about 12 hours at 10X time accel at 70km. I realize the time acceleration can be what is causing this, but thought you may be interested.

Anyone know who to have a lat / long grid display with quickgrid?

I am getting a lot of messed up data, basically the coordinates are way off. I am attaching my csv as a zip if you are interested in the results.. This was taken over about 12 hours at 10X time accel at 70km. I realize the time acceleration can be what is causing this, but thought you may be interested.

May I suggest you use the latest update of the plugin and start with fresh datafiles. Because of out of bounds data that can occur in the .csv, innsewerants\' mapgen is the only software guarenteed to display correctly.

A couple things I notice about your map:

1. all bodies of water are at 0 elevation. Even in alpine valleys with no outlet, there is no standing water at higher elevations.

2. The scanning beam does not record any ocean floor detail.

#1 Is a design problem for the Squad development team to deal with should they chose to modify the map of Kerbin for final release, but I wonder if #2 could be handled with an adjustment to this plugin.

A couple things I notice about your map:

1. all bodies of water are at 0 elevation. Even in alpine valleys with no outlet, there is no standing water at higher elevations.

2. The scanning beam does not record any ocean floor detail.

#1 Is a design problem for the Squad development team to deal with should they chose to modify the map of Kerbin for final release, but I wonder if #2 could be handled with an adjustment to this plugin.

The scanning beam actually does record ocean floor detail, it\'s just that the provided mapping tool renders them at sea level. The lowest Kerbin altitude I\'ve got is about -900 meters.

i am having trouble getting quickgrid to generate the topo map.

can somebody post up some details.

when i change the entries under 'grid line coordinates' i get an error about a interpreting floating point number

is there an easier way to do this?

Attach your data file so we can see if there is an error with that.

ok, i used notepad to swap the semicolons for commas.

here is the results for all my munar recon orbiters in one 50mb file.

also, if someone wants to use my data combined with others to make a better topo map, thats cool.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14063676/BamBam%20Mun%20Data.csv

edit: megabytes, not gigabytes..... oops =)

Wow, I really have missed a lot of cool stuff recently! Also, would it be possible to make this plugin help to make maps out of lots of individual pictures of Kerbin so you can have elevation maps and maps that show all the beautiful colours of Kerbin?

So, as an experiment, I attached a mapping module to a quad rotor helicopter and tooled around the KSP just to see how accurate the mapper could be. I flew at an average of 250 meters at 50m/s for about 20 minutes and this is what I got with a bit of extrapolation as displayed as a 3d quickgrid image.

You guys are doing awesome work mapping every cellestial body known to man (anyone mapped the asteroid yet?) but the theoretical has its best value when made practical.

This is a simple exercise but no one has done it yet so here we go.

Image 1: A crater on the Mun. My ship has landed top right corner.

Image 2: The contour map of the Mun and my landing zone marked as a purple splotch near the equator.

Notice the uncanny resemblance between the big roundish crater in the screenshot and the big roundish circle in the topography map? You\'ll also notice the screenshot of the Mun has a dimple left of centre? My map has the same dimple left of centre.

Now that I have a reference point (crater with dimple), I can now plot all my landing sites well before launch. Cool huh. 8)

The actual mapping program has lat/long visible when you mouse over points. If you\'re looking for a specific lat/long then I can highlight this on my map for you.