[0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

Innsewerants

Mapping Update,

Well my 45deg mapping mission finished, I shifted it into about a 75deg orbit. I also have about 18 hours of polar data from my second mission.

Mission one Raw Data.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62434044/isa_RAM_Mun_Data.csv

2. Mission two Raw Data.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62434044/isa_RAM_Mun_Data%20_polar.csv

My Polar mission doesn\'t seem to Jive with my Main mission, I had seen the gaps in the data on my polar mission from flying a higher orbit and expected it to be in the lowland area. This was not the case.

Also The polar mission was actually in two parts, I got about two passes before the game crashed, then I got another mission that took some effort to get into position. These two missions have different prime meridians.

While I can probably shift these two datasets to match using a crater to line them up, It makes me suspicious of some of the early points in my main file(The first crash landing) I may omit these readings.

I\'ll make an update once cleaned this data up.

hmm.. its also in your data.. your starts from -170° and goes to 190° not -180/180 ... weird

How often does this thing grab a reading? I\'m wondering just how much 2x time compression could affect the accuracy. I can\'t detect a difference in the data at 5000 pixels wide with the naked eye but that 3d model up above really shows the gaps.

Also, how do you merge datasets?

How often does this thing grab a reading? I\'m wondering just how much 2x time compression could affect the accuracy. I can\'t detect a difference in the data at 5000 pixels wide with the naked eye but that 3d model up above really shows the gaps.

Also, how do you merge datasets?

Well Considering I do it for a living? Very good mapping tools :)

So, here is a render from just about everyone\'s combined data sets. I may have missed a couple, but good enough for Kerbal\'s I think. There is quite a bit of extrapolation still, but it should be fairly accurate for most of the major features.

Now all we have to do is add a way to assemble, launch and fly ships to this Mun!

Oh, wait... :-[

I wonder if these maps could replace the Mun\'s texture map for easy visual reference...

I\'m running a mapping orbit right now of 2680/2970 Ap/Pe.

I\'ve orbited within 70 meters of the ground.

u crazy mothe..... ;)

im gonna try again 80° 3200m. no mechjeb this time. ill run it for another 20 hours (i hope)

off to bed. nite all and see ya @13/13 mun camp ;P

It blew up somewhere around the South Pole...

Weird that the poles are higher than the equator...

Updated isa_RAM_Mun_Data.exe output including my first polar pass and toastar\'s most recent uploads:

That\'s pretty...

So, here is a render from just about everyone\'s combined data sets. I may have missed a couple, but good enough for Kerbal\'s I think. There is quite a bit of extrapolation still, but it should be fairly accurate for most of the major features.

That render is upside down... or is that a glitch with isa_RAM_Mun_Data.exe?!

You\'ll find data that is outside 180/90 degrees will be KERBIN data that is collected on take off from the pad.

Members of the Kerbin Geographic Society need to take care to not activate their telemetry model in the first one or two stages of their rocket.

Time to work more on usability and features like putting all those points on a 3D plane :)

Whats the maximum altitude of the radar? 3500 or 4000?

Under the right conditions/settings, apparently 4.2km. Minimum settings except for maximum terrain detail? 3600m tops.