Kerbin continents and oceans. Has anyone bothered to name them?

cicatrix

maybe rowsdower could set up a community thing where we throw in suggestions and the best get picked and assigned by the other devs?

-Nasah

-Essa

-Ishro

-Raughskozmusk

just some Ideas ripped off from real space agency names.

http://imgur.com/KF1ejoc

Well, i have a political map. My space agencies are centered around and UCKK, KKKP, and occasionally the EGU save. There are some purely made up countries, like all the EGU countries, but all the rest are references to real world countries.

[spoiler/ Analogs]

KKKP is soviet russia and new China combined, Haiquan is Taiwan, Kindenia is India, asteralia is Australia and Sealandia is the Oceana nations. Serachioa is Japan

EDIT: oops, spoilers arent working

Edited by Rolanvorxariat

I've always called the continent containing KSC 'Kafrica' but I have never needed to name the other continents.

Same here; it is so like Africa (complete with an Iberian peninsula above it) that no other name fits as well. But that landmass and the Crater Sea are the only regions I have semi-formally named.

• 8 months later...

I haven't named many land features or continents and those that I have named are pretty uninspired.

I call the home continent "Africa" and the next one west "India". The peninsula to the East is "Korea". There's also the Crater Basin and the Badlands crater.

Other than that I haven't named anything.

Best,

-Slashy

I've never gotten around to it, but I've always wanted to name all of kerbins seas and land masses myself. However, concerning other bodies, I often name a certain place after the kerbal who first visited it. E.G. Jebdiah crater, Bob's hill, Kurt Canyon, etc.