[0.90] KSP Interstellar port maintance thread

Boris-Barboris

Hi all guys, i already posted this in the KSPI extended thread, but i'm not sure what the problem is related to, so i'll post this here too.

I'm having a lot of troubles with kspi parts... There are parts that are listed in the tech tree but are not in the VAB-SPH (atmo scooop, atm intake, maybe others that I've not seen yet). I tryed a sandbox run to see if it was a tech tree problem, but they are not usable neither in that mode.

Tried to reinstall with a "just KSPI extended" version of ksp, but i had the same problem.

I tried to watch out the files in the warpplugin directory, but i'm a total noob of modding and have no idea of what the problem here could be. Hope someone have a solution for this!

Ciao a tutti!

Hi all guys, i already posted this in the KSPI extended thread, but i'm not sure what the problem is related to, so i'll post this here too.

I'm having a lot of troubles with kspi parts... There are parts that are listed in the tech tree but are not in the VAB-SPH (atmo scooop, atm intake, maybe others that I've not seen yet). I tryed a sandbox run to see if it was a tech tree problem, but they are not usable neither in that mode.

Tried to reinstall with a "just KSPI extended" version of ksp, but i had the same problem.

I tried to watch out the files in the warpplugin directory, but i'm a total noob of modding and have no idea of what the problem here could be. Hope someone have a solution for this!

Ciao a tutti!

Had the same problem. Seems that at some moment (update of mods etc.) some parts get an empty "category" tag in the part.cfg. You can fix that by editing (for example the intakes) "category = Aero" in every concerned part.cfg. After that and a restart of ksp you will find this part in this category of the VAB.

Ciao a tutti!

The problem seems is that you play without a techtree. The game is desigined to play either with the clasic KSPI techtree or the new CTT techtree. If you don't play with either one, you might find that parts are missing all together because you are not supposed to get access to them without additional technodes. That's because KSPI parts are significantly more advanced and therefore require additional research Edited by FreeThinker

The problem seems is that you play without a techtree. The game is desigined to play either with the clasic KSPI techtree or the new CTT techtree. If you don't play with either one, you might find that parts are missing all together because you are not supposed to get access to them without additional technodes. That's because KSPI parts are significantly more advanced and therefore require additional research

Hi.

I too am confused about the 'techmanager fix' you asked us to install.

I already have a file named 'Techmanager' in my GameData, and you provide us with a file called 'Techmanager -master'

Should I put 'Techmanager-master' alongside 'Techmanager', or are the contents of 'Techmanager -master' supposed to go inside 'Techmanager'?

Hi.

I already have a file named 'Techmanager' in my GameData, and you provide us with a file called 'Techmanager -master'

Should I put 'Techmanager-master' alongside 'Techmanager', or are the contents of 'Techmanager -master' supposed to go inside 'Techmanager'?

Techmanager -master? I don't know of any file called that way. Exactly what version are you talking about?

Hi.

FYI, the "-master" is a GitHub thing, it means the repository you are grabbing is the "master" branch, since people make all sorts of tweaks etc, and they want to test them, or have other people test them, they need to differentiate between off-shoot branches of any particular bit of code and the (hopefully) bug-free master branch. Just rename the folder (once unzipped) to the same name without the "-master" on the end before merging it into your gamedata folder in KSP. (This is common to many, many mod-ready games. Now you know. :)

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Interstellar and KSPI Extended but I keep running into this problem, I have an Attila engine connected directly to either a Liquid Fuel tank or an Argon Tank, and everytime the engine flames out due to "LiquidFuel Fuel Deprived" or "ArgonGas Fuel Deprived". My reactors are generating Megajoules correctly, so I'm pretty sure its not a power issue.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Interstellar and KSPI Extended but I keep running into this problem, I have an Attila engine connected directly to either a Liquid Fuel tank or an Argon Tank, and everytime the engine flames out due to "LiquidFuel Fuel Deprived" or "ArgonGas Fuel Deprived". My reactors are generating Megajoules correctly, so I'm pretty sure its not a power issue.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Attila Engines work as they should

FqnOgvu.jpg

Are you sure you connected some radiators?

Something Wrong with the warp drive the warp effect is black and out colored and not blue and pink :( why ? is this a bug ?

That is from active texture management. you need to add a cfg in that folder to tell it to ignore (not compress) the textures in the FX folder

Hello,

Without repeating myself...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/43839-0-25-KSP-Interstellar-%28Magnetic-Nozzles-ISRU-Revamp%29-Version-0-13/page1322

So there are the lite versions, the extended versions, the version for KSP 25...and then there is 'MY' version...

I will be fixing this and you all can watch live on stream; my link is below...I am adding the new and keeping the old...granted I dont understand how upgraded parts work yet and I am in sandbox; but I will learn it I guess...problem is is that upgraded parts are real parts form a different version of WP (??); gads...then there is a parttechupgrades that use original names...its a mess if you ask me; but not impossible to learn and fix; good luck to those attempting these feats of KSP madness; as I am one of them.

(By the way...I know how to make a tech tree...I use STOCK and when it becomes ready to add nodes I will do so; on my own terms; call it non-conformist if you want; but it is a method that works, and it will work yesterday. Tech tree building is a nightmare as it is just with STOCK).

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

Howdi,

I loaded up this version today; looks very nice on first impression; I am working on some minor issues like proper resource listings on parts...

What I hope to to is add the extended version; problem is I am unsure of that versions dll; I am going over there to take a look; I want to look at the parts and port them over - thing is that dll is half the size of this one which is leading me to believe that there may be things missing.

The elec charge on the methane drive gives NAN reading.. the coloring of the parts looks a little bland but the models are very nice !

When I get things working I am then adding TweakScale; now that I understand it better I am wondering if it can change the efficiencies as well if they are listed in the cfg files.

I will do what I can; the reactor/generator combos look nice but I am wondering about tweaks; looks like elec-charge builds up too fast on generator startup but if there is alot of output on the generators I guess it is meant to be.

Cmdr Zeta

Hello,

There is a typo in one of the Module names for several reactors...I dont know what the extended version is trying to do but I will tell you that extneded version only adds another tweakable part (and then only on some cases) and changes no data; tweaking the parts will not effect a data change either unless somehting like this is used:

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS

{

name = InterstellarFissionPBDPsmall

radius = 1

PowerOutput = 3

upgradedPowerOutput = 3

partMass = 2.5

}

I dont know if the many efficincy ratings are changed; probly not and are of no consequence except for resizing the part; the purpose of TweakScale is to save space on parts but if rate changes are not effected as well there is no use. It's best use is in multiple storage units (so far for me) and solving VAB part bugs which I have yet to finish as I am working on that tonite (live on stream as usual !).

The problem is rescaling is changing resource values by X8; with nuclear components I think it is a tadd overkill; my other thinking was to choose my favorite nuclear power and go with it: fusion; that and Thermal; I can save some game memory space that way; I dont understand the uses of the reactors yet but Youtube helps I found some good tutorials.

So now it is on to try and add Interstellar lite parts...just chekin...their DLL is called InterstellarPlugin.DLL of all things and they changed the directory; they added new parts and possibly new modules but I am checking; I dont know yet if I can add both.

Cmdr Zeta

The plug seems to be working fine except for a series of annoying shadows that don't go away. It's very intrusive. I also get crashes frequently, especially when adding parts that go together (antimatter container + antimatter generator for example).

• 2 weeks later...

My fission Reactors aren't showing up in the construction hangars when playing the science only option. I should have the fission reactors unlocked. I tried the sandbox and they show up in the hangers here. I haven't tried the money/science option yet. Also all the other parts in the techtree have shown up so far. I have maybe half the tree done so far. Any help?

My fission Reactors aren't showing up in the construction hangars when playing the science only option. I should have the fission reactors unlocked. I tried the sandbox and they show up in the hangers here. I haven't tried the money/science option yet. Also all the other parts in the techtree have shown up so far. I have maybe half the tree done so far. Any help?

You should activate the Community Techtree in the Techmanager

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.