[1.0.2] B9 Aerospace | Procedural Parts 0.40 | Updated 09.06.15

bac9

Looking at the pic a few messages up the edge textures works but surface textures is setup incorrectly. I took a look at the assetbundle commit, and it looks like materialLayeredSurface and materialLayeredEdge are both assigned the same material instance. So setting a variable of either material would override the other one. As expected, at the lines 1627-1642, you can see the edge textures are assigned after the surface ones, overriding them. You'd probably want to do 'materialLayeredSurface = new Material (WingProceduralManager.wingMat) to clone it. ResourceExtractor.GetEmbeddedMaterial always returns a new instance.

Disclaimer: Only looked at the commit code and the material usage and haven't tested (or even downloaded) any of it. Worked with unity a lot though.

P.S: Never used github etc, so I can't be bothered to test and submit a patch.

Edited by Moderock
P.S

On 27.04.2016 at 9:49 PM, Crzyrndm said:

What OS are people with the shader issue (the thing above) using? I have my suspicions that the old shader loading method is only still working correctly on windows

Win8.1, both x64 and x32. Same blindling white outdoors, more or less normal in SPH.13071844_899267390195927_537011116697917

11 hours ago, Moderock said:

'materialLayeredSurface = new Material (WingProceduralManager.wingMat) to clone it. ResourceExtractor.GetEmbeddedMaterial always returns a new instance.

Yea, it's probably something like that. I'm going to spend some time fiddling with it tonight so fingers crossed it'll be something easy like that (mistakes == simple almost every time...). Didn't have much debugging time the other day

Edited by Crzyrndm

17 hours ago, Moderock said:

Looking at the pic a few messages up the edge textures works but surface textures is setup incorrectly. I took a look at the assetbundle commit, and it looks like materialLayeredSurface and materialLayeredEdge are both assigned the same material instance. So setting a variable of either material would override the other one. As expected, at the lines 1627-1642, you can see the edge textures are assigned after the surface ones, overriding them. You'd probably want to do 'materialLayeredSurface = new Material (WingProceduralManager.wingMat) to clone it. ResourceExtractor.GetEmbeddedMaterial always returns a new instance.

Disclaimer: Only looked at the commit code and the material usage and haven't tested (or even downloaded) any of it. Worked with unity a lot though.

P.S: Never used github etc, so I can't be bothered to test and submit a patch.

Well spotted and completely correct. I wasn't aware that you couldn't share an instance of a material and everything works correctly when things are duplicated.

Now just to find a rock solid solution for the reversed texturing and I can leave this alone for a while...

Edited by Crzyrndm

v0.40.6 is up, and I think I fixed both the inverted control surfaces and surface texturing together this time. Please make sure to do a clean install and be aware that wings will probably have to be reattached in the editor to know whether they are top/bottom correctly (ie. all new vessels should be ok, old ones may need to have their wings reassembled)

PS

Anyone still getting texturing issues after this? I'm fairly sure it was primarily caused by the obsolete shader loading method but...

Edited by Crzyrndm

31 minutes ago, Crzyrndm said:

v0.40.6 is up, and I think I fixed both the inverted control surfaces and surface texturing this time. Please make sure to do a clean install and be aware that wings will have to be reattached in the editor to know whether they are top/bottom correctly (ie. all new vessels should be ok, old ones will need to have their wings reassembled)

PS

Anyone still getting texturing issues after this? I'm fairly sure it was primarily caused by the obsolete shader loading method but...

Crzyrndm you did it! My texture problems completely disappeared. No more weird colors or lightning. I didn't even need to reattach anything. The moment I loaded the craft everything looked fine. Check it out:

http://imgur.com/xujAbus

2 hours ago, Crzyrndm said:

v0.40.6 is up, and I think I fixed both the inverted control surfaces and surface texturing together this time. Please make sure to do a clean install and be aware that wings will probably have to be reattached in the editor to know whether they are top/bottom correctly (ie. all new vessels should be ok, old ones may need to have their wings reassembled)

PS

Thank's

It's working fine for me, no texture issue!

Great accomplishment @Crzyrndm , but unfortunately yes I have found an issue. At certain distances and perspectives any highlights on the wings become very sharp dancing white pixels. They are kind of like the pixels you can see when your graphics card is overheating, although these tend to be green most of the time. These only seem to appear on the wings edges.

Edited by Flashblade

1 hour ago, Crzyrndm said:

Because I did something silly apparently. Will take a look tonight.

@Flashblade

How far away do you have to get and what does this look like?

In the first image it is visible on the right tailfin, in the second image it is present on all the wings. maximize the image to clearly see it.

Edited by Flashblade
Embeded

8 minutes ago, jbakes said:

When I press J on the wings no customization menu pops up 

No info, no help...

3 hours ago, Flashblade said:

In the first image it is visible on the right tailfin, in the second image it is present on all the wings. maximize the image to clearly see it.

Thanks, will try a few things to see if can improve the situation

34 minutes ago, Bloodbunny said:

Why is CKAN still saying this is for 1.0.5? It seems CKAN is getting less reliable these days, even ferram4 has withdrawn support for it.

You say that like ferram ever liked CKAN.

As far as it not updating, poke the CKAN people. Most likely its pointing at bac9's releases not mine, but that's their problem to sort out as far as I'm concerned (also, I forgot to update my dev version to 1.1.2 so forgot to update the version file so it'll still be seen as incompatible >.>)

14 hours ago, Crzyrndm said:

No info, no help...

Ksp version 1.1.2

Mod version PP-040

The wings appear in the parts catalog and I can select them and attach them but when I press J on them to resize them nothing happens. 

Let me know what other information you might need. 

I'm investigating the edge artifacts, seems it's a common complaint with unity shaders. I'll start trying things to fix it once I work out how to build an asset bundle the game will actually load...

Incidentally wing parts not resizing is usually a symptom of something which will produce NREs - in this case there might have been something in the log about being unable to load shaders, so even if you have what looks like a graphical issue only, checking the log and posting anything suspicious is always a good idea.

Edited by Van Disaster

I am also having the lack of J problem, but it only happens after I reload the craft (eg. launch it, go back to hangar). It also appears that any craft with this bugged version of the wings (which only happens with the solid unmoving wings), and appears to bug Ferram so that it can't calculate anything correctly.

the log is spamming NRE: object reference not set to instance of an object, but thats the only

It seems temporarily fixed? idk why.

nevermind, the NRE isn't happening but after loading my craft i cant use the menu again.

fixed again?!?!?!

Edited by SirusKing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.