[1.1.2] Kerbal Konstructs v0.9.7.1 - Slopey Glidey

AlphaAsh

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

Off-planet sites are not supported (well, definitely not supported for launching, maybe for just existing).

Yea Im quite happy to leave off-world launches to Extraplanetary Launchpads, but if I could make say a landing pad or runway with some large fuel tanks/warehouses for resources to keep the part count low it would be a tremendous help. Ive noticed the game seems to handle a lot of statics better than it does parts. KSC ++ for example. Can you imagine if there was that many parts in one area? They have made some great optimizations for parts, but not THAT many lol.

There's no frame-by-frame physics calculations between connected parts. That's more of a boost to CPU performance than GPU performance, however. You can still hammer a GPU with too many statics in view.

Yup, looks like it's down. Again.

I'll see what I can do.

EDIT - It's there but it's really slow. Has been all day.

Alternate link for Kerbal Konstructs: See the OP.

Edited by AlphaAsh

One strage thing on my install: Whenever I load Kerbal Konstructs the "Recover Vessel" button in flight mode stops working. 

I install lates KK 0.9.5.8 via CKAN, start KSP 64bit, new career, small craft w/ scientist direction water, successfull landing and try to press "Recover Vessel" - nothing happens. I have to quit to space center, click on the craft and recover it from there. So I

quit KSP, de-install KK via CKAN,start KSP 64bit, new career, small craft w/ scientist direction water, successfull landing and try to press "Recover Vessel" - craft gets recovered....

In addition the "KK" buttone does not work for me. Nothing happens when I click on it.

Here's the link to the log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/imekgocto11p0jg/output_log.txt?dl=0

I'm Mav McLeod - fly safe!

4 minutes ago, MavMcLeod said:

In addition the "KK" buttone does not work for me. Nothing happens when I click on it.

Kerbal Konstructs isn't installed properly. Sounds like CKAN is screwing up again.

Also I need KSP.log, not output_log.txt.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Ok, seems to work partly: When I hover over the button "KK" in the VAB I get the message "Selected launchsite is Launch pad!".....

De-installing via CKAN and manually installing the content from this download http://www.alphastrikegames.com/FileDepot/KerbalKonstructs-0.9.5.8.zip didn't change a thing....

So, no KK for me... ;.;

24 minutes ago, AlphaAsh said:

Also I need KSP.log, not output_log.txt.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1vwjfw8xe4n36tz/KSP.log?dl=0

Here you go...

22 minutes ago, MavMcLeod said:

Ok, seems to work partly: When I hover over the button "KK" in the VAB I get the message "Selected launchsite is Launch pad!".....

De-installing via CKAN and manually installing the content from this download http://www.alphastrikegames.com/FileDepot/KerbalKonstructs-0.9.5.8.zip didn't change a thing....

So, no KK for me... ;.;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1vwjfw8xe4n36tz/KSP.log?dl=0

Here you go...

It's the recovery bug I'm still trying to track down. It was introduced when there was a tweak to the API in 1.1 and no documentation explaining it, so I'm working blind in the dark to fix it.

Ways around it:

When you load to your space center, don't do launches or recoveries from there. Always launch from the VAB or SPH.

Always fly the craft you want to recover.

The problem gets worse when you try to recover a craft from the space center scene that was saved and then reloaded after restarting KSP.

I'm considering a release of KK that removes any recovery related features because this is being such a pain.

3 minutes ago, AlphaAsh said:

When you load to your space center, don't do launches or recoveries from there. Always launch from the VAB or SPH

Hmm, in the case I described I did all the launches directly out of the VAB. Button "Launch" got me directly to the launch pad. 

Edited by MavMcLeod
typo

2 minutes ago, MavMcLeod said:

Hmm, in the case I described I did all the launches directly out of the VAB. Button "Launch" got me directly to the launch pad. 

With no confirmation of this and an inability to reproduce the specific issues you have, I have little recourse but to see if the issue is related to the bug I do know about. Testing 101.

By confirmation, I mean more than just your bug report chap.

Test Plan ID: Common/KK button does nothing when clicked in VAB/SPH

Variables: Be in Career Mode. Latest KSP 1.1 public release. 64bit version.

Test plan results:

• Click the KK button in VAB. Launchsite Selector appears. Passed.
  • Click the KK button in SPH. Launchsite Selector appears. Passed.

Test Plan ID: MavMcLeod/Recovery Issues

Variables: Be in Career Mode. Latest KSP 1.1 public release. 64bit version.

Test plan results so far:

• Launch an aircraft at KSC, via the SPH. Recover vessel from inflight. Passed.
  • Launch an aircraft at KSC, via the Space Center dialog. Recover vessel from inflight. Passed.
  • Launch an aircraft at KSC, via the Space Center dialog. Recover from Space Center scene. Passed.
  • Launch an aircraft at KSC, via the Space Center dialog. Recover from Tracking Station scene. Passed.
  • Launch an aircraft at KSC, via the SPH. Recover vessel from Space Center scene. Passed.
  • Launch an aircraft at KSC, via the SPH. Recover vessel from Tracking Station scene. Passed.
  • Launch an aircraft at a custom runway, via the SPH. Recover vessel from inflight. Passed.
  • Launch an aircraft at a custom runway, via the SPH. Recover from Tracking Station scene. Passed.

I'll do a build and release regardless.

Also the symptom that you can't get the Launchsite Selector to appear in the VAB and SPH is most commonly due to mis-installation or a mod conflict. Unfortunately your log does not identify which.

EDIT - Problem was StageRecovery. magico13 and I are working on it.

Edited by AlphaAsh

I've had confirmation of this bug from another CKAN user. The day after the CKAN data was being maintained, the day after I put a bunch of updates on SpaceDock.

2+2 = 4

RE: Buggy Kerbal Konstructs behaviour when installing with CKAN.

I suspect that because KK is still bundled with a couple of packs that CKAN is not installing the correct version or is possibly installing more than one version.

I'll get a release of the packs with it still bundled out asap.

Meanwhile, I would recommend not relying on CKAN to install Kerbal Konstructs or Kerbin-Side.

EDIT - Problem was StageRecovery. magico13 and I are working on it. 2+2 = 5 in this case.

Edited by AlphaAsh

v0.9.5.9 available from SpaceDock and Alpha Strike Games. See OP for links.

Changelog:

• Under the hood work for upcoming support of Contract Configurator and RemoteTech.
  • All KK apps use the same icon in every scene now.
  • Added some missing icons for KK's Space Center app.
  • As well as access to the mod's settings, KK's Space Center app now includes some minor previews of upcoming features. Please note some of these may not happen.
  • Under the hood work for some upcoming features.
  • This mod includes version checking using MiniAVC. If you opt-in, it will use the internet to check whether there is a new version available. Data is only read from the internet and no personal information is sent. For a more comprehensive version checking experience, please download the KSP-AVC Plugin.

21 minutes ago, AlphaAsh said:

v0.9.5.9 available from SpaceDock and Alpha Strike Games

Alpha, I thank you very much for your continuos effort to make this game great.....

I hope youself still find some time to enjoy playing the game!

14 minutes ago, MavMcLeod said:

Alpha, I thank you very much for your continuos effort to make this game great.....

I hope youself still find some time to enjoy playing the game!

Thanks chap. Not today, no.

EDIT - Incidentally, I may have narrowed the issue down to StageRecovery. KK wraps it and since it's untested with KK, it's probably responsible for your woes and not CKAN. Still, it prompted me to address CKAN issues.

Edited by AlphaAsh

1 hour ago, AlphaAsh said:

Incidentally, I may have narrowed the issue down to StageRecovery.

LOL, last 2 hours I was testing on an unmodded version of KSP 1.1.1230 only installing KK, Toolbar, KSP-AVC and the 4 outdated mods I use (AlarmClock, CrowdSourcedScience, KramaxAutoPilot and StageRecovery).....

It's definitely "StageRecovery"..... by installing it after KK the KK buttons and the "Recover Vessel" button stop working .

Ahhh! Still, I hate not to be able to use it... so nice to get money back for stages w/ chute....

So, looks like I have to spend some in-game money to use KK.... should be worth it!

PP: Btw, here's the KSP.log:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/1vwjfw8xe4n36tz/KSP.log?dl=0

Edited by MavMcLeod
link added

Anyone else trying to use RSS with this ? Im on 1.1 now and this will not work when RSS is installed. When I remove RSS I get KK to work. Is there something need to edit to get this to work with RSS?

7 minutes ago, lextacy said:

Anyone else trying to use RSS with this ? Im on 1.1 now and this will not work when RSS is installed. When I remove RSS I get KK to work. Is there something need to edit to get this to work with RSS?

Are you using RSS-specific content?  Because Kerbinside and all the other content packs for the stock solar system won't work with RSS.