[1.0]CactEye 2 Orbital Telescope BETA 5.2

Raven.

Seems to be working fine. Nice work and thanks for the speedy update. :)

Do you have a craft file by any chance? I don't like screwing things up.

I think I may have one with the large telescope body. I can have it up before long.

Are there plans to make more use of KIS as the KAS parts manipulation is going away?

I can take a look and see.

Seems to be working fine. Nice work and thanks for the speedy update. :)

Do you have a craft file by any chance? I don't like screwing things up.

Here ya go. I've also included it in the next update.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfve7h5tmjq6zy8/CactEye%202%20Orbital%20Telescope.craft?dl=0

Which, speaking of updates, I went ahead and released BETA 5.2, which fixes some attachment nodes issues on the FungEye telescope and the structural mount.

CactEye 2 BETA 5.2
-Fixed attachment node issues on some of the structural parts.
-Added an example of the large telescope per a request on the forums.

Edited by Raven.
Apparently I don't grammar

I haven't taken a look since early .90, but I remember that I couldn't seem to figure out the limitation of the fungeye scope....it still seemed to work pointed right at kerbol. Is that still a thing?

I haven't taken a look since early .90, but I remember that I couldn't seem to figure out the limitation of the fungeye scope....it still seemed to work pointed right at kerbol. Is that still a thing?

Technically speaking, it should had never been an thing. The FungEye scope was a request the original author did for a telescope that could fit in the smaller KSO shuttle bay. The limitation of the scope is the same as in the older versions of CactEye, it can do everything the larger scope can, but can only yield 10% of the total science value. It also cannot close its aperture like the larger scope can, and should still blow to smithereens when pointed at the sun. The fact that it did not is a bug. If it happens again on the new version, is there any chance that you can post a log file?

Awesome mod, I'm glad it's back in development again!

Just started playing in KSP v1.0.2.842, with this mod's v BETA 5.2. At startup, it throws an error dialogue, telling me that this mod is only compatible with KSP v1.0 (apparently, the ...2.842 is throwing it?)

I know that by mentioning it here, you'll take a look at removing it from the next version. My question for the moment is if you can confirm that this is a cosmetic-only error.

Thanks!

Awesome mod, I'm glad it's back in development again!

Just started playing in KSP v1.0.2.842, with this mod's v BETA 5.2. At startup, it throws an error dialogue, telling me that this mod is only compatible with KSP v1.0 (apparently, the ...2.842 is throwing it?)

I know that by mentioning it here, you'll take a look at removing it from the next version. My question for the moment is if you can confirm that this is a cosmetic-only error.

Thanks!

For right now it's only cosmetic. It's AVC recognizing the new KSP update. There's a version file in GameData\CactEye\plugins that when deleted, will make the error messages go away. Right now I'm working on an update to update compatibility to 1.02, along with fixing a bug with how the skybox is rendered in the Telescope Control Menu.

Sorry if these are dumb questions.

Is there a way to make the lifetime for the telescopes infinite?

Is there a way to make telescopes not fail as an easy mode, so you can look at Kerbol and such?

Thanks

Hey there! I've been trying this mod for around 3 days, but I can't seem to make the GUI work.

I tried the example craft.

Sent it to the orbit.

Fooled around - the sun destroyed the optics and processors..

Sent an engineer fixed the optics, installed another processor.

The asteroid processor pops up a menu when I right click on it, but the wide one does not..

I click on the main unit, a menu appears with "close/open aperture", "toggle GUI" and "control from here"

I tried selecting targets and turning the telescope towards the target (from the navball)

Nothing works. Basically the GUI doesn't appear. I'm trying to guess why, but can't figure out. Maybe I lack some knowledge on how to operate the mod, maybe my game's kinda broken. Anyway, would appreciate some feedback.

I might have double posted or not.. The mod confirmation thing disorients me..

Anyway: here's the log error (actually 44mb of spam of the same error)

[EXC 20:47:46.762] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

CactEye2.CactEyeOptics.OnUpdate ()

Part.ModulesOnUpdate ()

Part.Update ()

Edited by idulort

Sorry if these are dumb questions.

Is there a way to make the lifetime for the telescopes infinite?

Is there a way to make telescopes not fail as an easy mode, so you can look at Kerbol and such?

Thanks

Right now, no on both questions. However, I'll look into implementing both of these in the next update.

Hey there! I've been trying this mod for around 3 days, but I can't seem to make the GUI work.

I tried the example craft.

Sent it to the orbit.

Fooled around - the sun destroyed the optics and processors..

Sent an engineer fixed the optics, installed another processor.

The asteroid processor pops up a menu when I right click on it, but the wide one does not..

I click on the main unit, a menu appears with "close/open aperture", "toggle GUI" and "control from here"

I tried selecting targets and turning the telescope towards the target (from the navball)

Nothing works. Basically the GUI doesn't appear. I'm trying to guess why, but can't figure out. Maybe I lack some knowledge on how to operate the mod, maybe my game's kinda broken. Anyway, would appreciate some feedback.

I might have double posted or not.. The mod confirmation thing disorients me..

Anyway: here's the log error (actually 44mb of spam of the same error)

[EXC 20:47:46.762] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

CactEye2.CactEyeOptics.OnUpdate ()

Part.ModulesOnUpdate ()

Part.Update ()

I have a couple of questions.

1) What version of KSP is this? Is this 1.0? 1.0.2?

2) Was this an existing save migrated from KSP 0.90 and CactEye 2 BETA 5?

3) Could you, by any chance, post the entire KSP.log file through something such as dropbox?

1) KSP version 1.0.2

2) It's a new save (actually made a complete fresh installation 20 hour ago - after 1.0.2 - only migrated 2 * 1.0 stock craft files)

3) I'm pm'ing you the file link in a moment... My network speed is acting weird, it will take some time to upload 40+ mbs :)

OH how did I just find this, I loved this mod when rubberducky came out with it! Glad to see other lovers continuing this mod!!! DLing now.

Also when I open the scope and bring up the GUI I cannot see the side panel that is used to select targets I just see a magnified image of the scope and right click menu.

Edit: KSP v1.0.2

Edited by Woodstar

OH how did I just find this, I loved this mod when rubberducky came out with it! Glad to see other lovers continuing this mod!!! DLing now.

Also when I open the scope and bring up the GUI I cannot see the side panel that is used to select targets I just see a magnified image of the scope and right click menu.

I have the same "issue".. I have a big screen where i can zoom in and out, but there are no other bottoms vissible so I cannot target example the mum and do science.

( ksp 1.0.2, and cacteye 2 beta 5.2 ).

1) KSP version 1.0.2

2) It's a new save (actually made a complete fresh installation 20 hour ago - after 1.0.2 - only migrated 2 * 1.0 stock craft files)

3) I'm pm'ing you the file link in a moment... My network speed is acting weird, it will take some time to upload 40+ mbs :)

I'm glad we got your situation straightened out through pm. :)

I haven't had the side panel implemented in quite a significant while. This was a design decision I made in the redesign of the GUI, that you would have to select a target through map view first. I did this for several reasons, the biggest being support for planet mods such as Outer Planets; I was afraid that with a side panel with a restrictive listing that people would think CactEye was not compatible with planet mods when, in fact, it is.

Seems I can't access the GUI for the telescope..

You should be able to right click the telescope body and click "Toggle GUI." If the right-click menu isn't showing that option, then you might need to reinstall Cacteye.

I'm having an error when I attempt to zoom in using the wide field/asteroid processor level two, where I just have a black screen when I open the GUI and try to DO SCIENCE!

I wonder if this isn't an issue with the skybox. Currently CactEye has an issue drawing the skybox in both the Telescope Control GUI and in taken screenshots. This is planned to be fixed in the next update, along with a few other bug fixes and features that I have planned.

I have the same "issue".. I have a big screen where i can zoom in and out, but there are no other bottoms vissible so I cannot target example the mum and do science.

( ksp 1.0.2, and cacteye 2 beta 5.2 ).

You select targets through the map view. The screenshot button will only appear if you have a target selected in map view. The Science icon, if I remember correctly, will only appear if you have a planet/moon targeted (or asteroid if you have an asteroid processor). The select processor buttons (the two arrows) will only appear if you have more than one processor on the craft, in which case the arrows will cycle between the onboard processors on your craft.

Would it be possible to disable the distant object enhancement flare even when the target body is off screen?

When I was trying to snap a picture of Laythe I zoomed in to the point that Tylo went offscreen. This re-enabled Tylo's flare and thus drowned out my entire screen.

Would it be possible to disable the distant object enhancement flare even when the target body is off screen?

When I was trying to snap a picture of Laythe I zoomed in to the point that Tylo went offscreen. This re-enabled Tylo's flare and thus drowned out my entire screen.

That behavior should already be in place if you're using the provided DOE patch. Now, with that being said, make sure you're using DOE 1.5.4; I haven't update the path for DOE 1.5.5 just yet (that's coming really soon).

I have now made the telescope work and im able to do som science and send the data back to kerbin.

However everytime i press the "save" icon in the GUI ksp 1.0.2 crash..

And when I press "space centre" then the game also crash.

here are two crash reports.

http://gupl.dk/f/8rhbzhyqq9

2015-05-04_190114 the game crash when i press the "save icon" in the GUI.

2015-05-04_193834 The game crash when i press the blue ksp pop down icon named "Space center"

I have now made the telescope work and im able to do som science and send the data back to kerbin.

However everytime i press the "save" icon in the GUI ksp 1.0.2 crash..

And when I press "space centre" then the game also crash.

here are two crash reports.

http://gupl.dk/f/8rhbzhyqq9

2015-05-04_190114 the game crash when i press the "save icon" in the GUI.

2015-05-04_193834 The game crash when i press the blue ksp pop down icon named "Space center"

Interesting. These are both errors typically associated with running out of memory. How many mods are you running, and are you using any memory management mod?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.