[WIP] Air Traffic Control

skykooler

On 02/01/2015 at 7:27 AM, MK3424 said:

Cool, this might be even cooler in MP flights!

I wonder if this mod could work together with this mod:http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100073-0-90-Pilot-Assistant-Atmospheric-piloting-aids-0-9-6-0-%28Dec-20%29

I would like to actually point toward the Kramax Autopilot Continued, which is the second revival of Pilot Assistant, for a possible integration. Just be advised that you'd have to make flight plans for it, and there's no nav database. You plot the waypoints independently in every flight plan. But yeah, integrate it!

First post on the forum!

On 1/7/2015 at 1:47 AM, skykooler said:

Ok, here is a map of all the airports currently in the config:

317815_bases.png

- - - Updated - - -

Out of these, KSC, Old KSC, Arakebo Observatory, Samland Space Center and Rockomax Conglomerate all operate as space centers, so they will also be available in orbit (in the next update - current version you're stuck talking to whoever you were when you launched).

Can I have latitude and longitude for each of those sites? (Well, except for KSC and the Island) I'm making a nav database.

On 3/12/2017 at 0:27 PM, Stone Blue said:

They're not listed in the .cfg??...

riiight, imma download the mod. didn't think to do that.. 

I'm facilitating the integration to Kramax Continued by making a set of waypoints and approaches that can be strung into Kramax flight plans with a neat Python script. Using these lat/lon coordinates I'm making VORs for each site. I am going down the list, I have everything down to Kerbodyne.

edit: project thread here

Edited by Aerostar Research
project thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

So, I used to use this a little bit, waayyy back...
I decided to see if I could recompile it for 1.8.1, and get it working...

So far, results are looking good.

Unfortunately, i am *not* a coder, so I wouldnt be able to "continue" this mod, as I would have no clue how to support it for bugfizes, and/or adding new features... Which I have a list of things I would like to see added to it.

Namely:

• Toolbar Continued support
  • ClickThroughBlocker support
  • InstallChecker support
  • KSP-AVC support
  • Chatterer support (to add voices along with the text messages)
  • Kramax Autopilot support
  • Expanded/continued support for KerbinSide Remastered
  • Instead of also just penalizing Rep for ignoring ATC, would be nice to have it *add* Rep when successfully following ATC directions/FlightPlans
  • Add resizable GUI window support
  • Add text boxes for exact user input on flightplan parameters
  • Maybe add in support for contracts? vOv

I'm trying to setup a fork on Github, so someone could see the couple changes I made to get it working with the new KSP API changes, but I'm having an authentication issue... vOv

Sooo... If someone would like to take up the reigns and continue this, it *seems* to be pretty much working in 1.8.1, and could probably also be recompiled/backported for earlier KSP versions, 1.0.5 to 1.7.3, without much trouble... vOv

And PLEEZE, dont anyone post with tag/request for LinuxGurugamer just to ask if he would pick it up... I'm sure he has enuff on his plate, and if he sees this and decides to pick it up, that would be great... But please dont tag him just to ask.

It would be nice if there was someone else that could step up to take it, rather than expecting LGG to pick up *every* old mod, like he seemingly has been... :P

Tagging @skykooler to see if you're still around, and what you think... vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

5 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Sooo... If someone would like to take up the reigns and continue this, it *seems* to be pretty much working in 1.8.1, and could probably also be recompiled/backported for earlier KSP versions, 1.0.5 to 1.7.3, without much trouble... vOv

Ping me in a couple of weeks... I might look at it

(FYI, I've just had a look at the code, and I'd be more inclined to rewrite it from scratch, the methods are huge)

Edited by severedsolo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.