[1.8.x] AutomatedScienceSampler - V1.3.5 - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

Have a bug report for you, this time again with universal storage. The universal storage 2hot/barometer combo wedge, your mod will only trigger the 2hot portion of it, not the barometer. It's a mild inconvenience.

On 5/6/2016 at 3:56 PM, SpaceTiger said:

I didn't get to play much in a while so I don't exactly know the logic of the MPL or what it does with the science. This mod only run experiments that you can yield science with when you return them. So if you did recover the science and its worth less than threshold it wont run the experiments again.

There is a feature planned to run each experiment once to use it in the MPL.

ok, thanks.  Look forward to it

On 8.5.2016 at 8:33 PM, vcordie said:

Have a bug report for you, this time again with universal storage. The universal storage 2hot/barometer combo wedge, your mod will only trigger the 2hot portion of it, not the barometer. It's a mild inconvenience.

Found out why this is happening but no fix available yet.

16 hours ago, Ixenzo said:

Someone said it'd be great if this mod had a kill time warp on new available science option. I second that. It's the only thing that makes Science Alert valuable to me.

Is it possible to implement?

We will add an option to kill time warp in the future.

On 5/13/2016 at 10:56 AM, Ixenzo said:

Someone said it'd be great if this mod had a kill time warp on new available science option. I second that. It's the only thing that makes Science Alert valuable to me.

Is it possible to implement?

In the meantime, I have a suggestion for you. Install Biometric. It'll kill time warp on entering biomes or situations that you choose, its a bit finnicky and not exactly what you're looking for, but it will help.

54 minutes ago, vcordie said:

In the meantime, I have a suggestion for you. Install Biometric. It'll kill time warp on entering biomes or situations that you choose, its a bit finnicky and not exactly what you're looking for, but it will help.

Second this.  I tried this for the EVA science and the only problem I had with it is with tiny biomes--it would correctly kill the warp but I would overfly the biome before it succeeded in doing so.  Despite fighting it I managed to get all orbital science I have unlocked from a single mission to the Mun.

To me fixing the EVA reports (and probably surface samples also, but that's much less of an issue) is of much more interest.  That science harvesting mission would have gone much easier if I could have simply left my Kerbal EVA until he entered an biome I hadn't done yet.  With that there would be no need of a dewarp.

It seems that this mod makes it impossible/unable to process science data (AND experiments) with "Station Science"-Mod (and MPL).

Also it seems that the switch per Vessel Setting and Transfer Science = Disable dont work. Even Ship Manifest fails to handle science results if everything = off.

Quite final attempts are deinstall mod. (How easy and non-friction it was with mods Science Alert+Science Containers.)

Edited by Jansn67

58 minutes ago, Jansn67 said:

It seems that this mod makes it impossible/unable to process science data (AND experiments) with "Station Science"-Mod (and MPL).

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this but ASS had an update to make the basics of StationScience work.

59 minutes ago, Jansn67 said:

Also it seems that the switch per Vessel Setting and Transfer Science = Disable dont work. Even Ship Manifest fails to handle science results if everything = off.

Again not sure what you mean by this. If you are having issues please turn on the debug settings recreate your issue, post a detailed reproduction with as few steps as possible and include the full log files.

1 hour ago, Jansn67 said:

Quite final attempts are deinstall mod. (How easy and non-friction it was with mods Science Alert+Science Containers.)

Not even giving us a chance to fix the bugs you are encountering ?

Sorry for my inconvenience and behaviour. Sooo, here we go first with the

Settings: ASS = off (white icon)

Single Run = 0
Reset = 0
Hide Diag = 0
Transfer = Disabled
Transfer All Data = 0
Dump Dupes = 0
Per Craft Settings = 1

Station in orbit arounfd Kerbin with all "Station Science" parts sticked together.

When i want to process a "Surface Sample", to get additional Data for the MPL (to convert to Science Data), in the "Cyclotron",
it will be immediately removed out to an "unknown place". (No part lists science results to look into science dialog, send or process.)

When i finish a "Prograde Kuarqs" (which i have to finalize and keep in the experiment box to bring to and recover on Kerbin) -
same thing - it will be removed out immediately after i press "Finalize Experiment".

Question: where can i find the debug infos of ASS?

8 minutes ago, Jansn67 said:

Question: where can i find the debug infos of ASS?

It prints it all into the Kerbal logs when the debug option(in the ASS settings) is turned on.

On another note: Did you download the latest KerboKatzUtilities, as asked to if you are encountering issues in the first post? I know that we had an issue with the icon showing up as disabled while in fact it was running in the background that got patched.

My best guess right now is that ASS is still running in the background but I still don't know why your results are getting transferred/deleted.

KerboKatz Utilities = 1.3.7. (Using CKAN.) Found the debug infos in the ordinary KSP.log. (But wow, thats a lot.. :p)

Must go through that all after restarting and take an eye on whats happen in the log.

Edit: i am afraid that it interference with "ForScience" mod... (?) Need detailed and deeper investigation.

Edited by Jansn67

44 minutes ago, Jansn67 said:

Found the error: it was "ForScience". Case closed.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Not really surprising though, since this mod and ForScience! are, in essence, the same mod. One forked from the other some time ago, and as far as I'm aware, the only real difference is that this one is attempting to be mod compatible with US, DMagic, and as many other science mods as possible.

Hello,

I had an issue with the Contract pack: Bases and Stations mod due to the fact that AutomatedScienceSampler makes a dll called StationScience.dll. The contract pack mod sees the dll and thinks it's the actual installation of the mod, which breaks some of the contracts. Someone in that thread told me to post here and request that the dll be renamed in AutomatedScienceSampler.

22 hours ago, Shadriss said:

Not really surprising though...

True words..

But (first) i need my own investigation to find solutions and understand habits of (heavy) modded KSP, how different mods work together
and/or interference each others, and (second) sometimes i need hints from others and/or more experienced KSP-users/modders.

I know how annoying that can be for "KSP pros". And so, to both of you i say thank you for your "wigging".

Edited by Jansn67

18 minutes ago, Jansn67 said:

True words..

But (first) i need my own investigation to find solutions and understand habits of (heavy) modded KSP, how different mods work together
and/or interference each others, and (second) sometimes i need hints from others and/or more experienced KSP-users/modders.

I know how annoying that can be for "KSP pros". And so, to both of you i say thank you for your "wigging".

I'm hardly a pro - just surprised that you weren't aware that the two mods were (literally) the same mod on two differing branches, so to speak. *shrug* Wasn't trying to be offensive in any way, shape or form. Honestly, I was even more surprised that the mod author himself didn't catch that. Meh, doesn't matter - you done figured it out, and as you say, it's always better to be able to t/s your own installations whenever possible.

21 hours ago, drhay53 said:

Hello,

I had an issue with the Contract pack: Bases and Stations mod due to the fact that AutomatedScienceSampler makes a dll called StationScience.dll. The contract pack mod sees the dll and thinks it's the actual installation of the mod, which breaks some of the contracts. Someone in that thread told me to post here and request that the dll be renamed in AutomatedScienceSampler.

Well that is a weird way of figuring out if a mod is present but okay I'll rename them in the next release, until then you can just rename them by yourself.

22 hours ago, Shadriss said:

Not really surprising though, since this mod and ForScience! are, in essence, the same mod. One forked from the other some time ago, and as far as I'm aware, the only real difference is that this one is attempting to be mod compatible with US, DMagic, and as many other science mods as possible.

Actually it is surprising, once they shared a code base yes but that isn't true anymore, hence why I didn't expect any incompatibilities.

2 hours ago, Shadriss said:

Honestly, I was even more surprised that the mod author himself didn't catch that.

As i said above i didn't expect any incompatibilities.

I still don't understand what happened or what the root cause was.

Edited by SpaceTiger

56 minutes ago, SpaceTiger said:

Actually it is surprising, once they shared a code base yes but that isn't true anymore, hence why I didn't expect any incompatibilities.

As i said above i didn't expect any incompatibilities.

I still don't understand what happened or what the root cause was.

The code base may not be the same anymore, but they still perform the same base function - automated science. That being the case, in essence, if the one was on and the other off, the one that is on would still try to run the science experiment, hence the results he was seeing. It's not an incompatibility, per se - it's ForScience! doing exactly what it was designed to do. Or at least, that's what makes sense to me. If you have two people doing the same job, then tell one to go home, the other one will still be there doing the job, after all.

Anyhow, it made sense to me, and my apologies if this is coming off as me trying to be anything other than helpful... I seem to have been having problems the last few days with that. Tone and such doesn't convey well in straight typed form.

On 5/14/2016 at 0:11 PM, vcordie said:

Is this a mod? I did a few google searches and can't find it. In fact, I can find precious few references to the word in relation to KSP at all.

Just now, 5thHorseman said:

Is this a mod? I did a few google searches and can't find it. In fact, I can find precious few references to the word in relation to KSP at all.

Same happened to me.
It's often like that, somebody suggests anything, calls a word, but doesn't provide a link. "Google is your friend"... Ha ha ha. Sharing vs. selfishness.

29 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

You can't find it because it doesn't exist.

What you should be looking for is a mod called "Biomatic".  Mount the component on your ship and it will let you kill timewarp when entering selected biomes.  Useful but low orbit is fast, you can't always react in time to grab an EVA report from a small biome.  I did manage to get every bit of low orbit science I had unlocked out of a single mission but there were some small ones I blew through a dozen times before I finally got them.  It works perfectly on larger biomes.

8 minutes ago, Loren Pechtel said:

"Biomatic"

Aha! I even know of this mod. At least, I remember seeing those screenshots on its first page. I never installed it because it looked like all it did was tell you where you were. I see now I was wrong (Or the feature was implemented after I had last seen it).

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Loren Pechtel said:

...a mod called "Biomatic".  Mount the component on your ship and it will let you kill timewarp when entering selected biomes.  Useful but low orbit is fast, you can't always react in time to grab an EVA report from a small biome.  I did manage to get every bit of low orbit science I had unlocked out of a single mission but there were some small ones I blew through a dozen times before I finally got them.  It works perfectly on larger biomes.

The current version of Biomatic (1.1.0.1) also includes a Module Manager script to add its module to every part with a ModuleCommand module, ie. all manned and unmanned command pods.

I previously used Science Alert's similar function to help get biome science.  What I would do for small biomes I couldn't get otherwise is make a Quicksave, warp until I hit a biome with new science available and dropped out of warp, note the latitude and longitude on VOID's HUD's, then load the Quicksave and repeat the orbit, but exit warp before passing over the biome and run the experiment while in it.

First of all many thanks for creating and maintaining this very useful mod!

Just wanted to let you know that after upgrading DMagic's Orbital Science to version 1.3 (out since yesterday) it stopped this mod from from functioning (icon was still there, but no science was gathered). Moving back the the previous version solved it again.

Also would it be possible to add support for Blizzy's Toolbar?

Cheers,

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.