Two Mun Shots : Appreciation Remix

boolybooly

Thanks Iapedus. The music is pacey, definitely grew on me. I am thinking the beat is a fast reggae/ska, so not garage nor techno, am wondering if it has a name. Its pretty cool anyway 8) though relentless, morning music not evening music. Reminds me of fatboy slim a little in that it has rhythm and a sense of humour about it. I like the underlying creepy Hollywood alien vibe, which kind of fits given that our ships are piloted by little green men. IMHO the reggae beat gives it a 60\'s 2-tone association which keys into the era of UFO paranoias and public fantasies of official coverups re: aliens visiting Earth. So it felt like an amusing thing to put alongside KSP anyway since music does make vids more enjoyable.

I hope you folks don\'t mind the ads btw, it wasnt monetised by me, this is how google make their revenue stream from facillitating the mixing of third party music & video! I don\'t get a choice in the matter nor do I see any profit, its just for fun as far as I am concerned...

Here\'s the craft file in case anyone is curious.

Great work,Very entertaining and the music definitely suited it.It was interesting to see how 'little' you could do 2 return trips with.It seems my craft are WAY to overpowered for my single trips.

OOH! Good stuff across the board. The challenge, design, piloting, camera angles, scene cuts, title size and timing... everything was nicely done. (Ok, on piloting, maybe try not to skid to a stop. On the other hand, how else are you supposed to get a dramatic explosion?)

The music? I think it\'s sortof like trip hop.

Both endings made me LOL, by the way.

togfox, glad you found it interesting, the staging is more usable in 14.4 btw. That design took a bit of R&D. First was the minimum second shot craft, tried a few but settled for a 3 stack, having been convinced by the winning 3 stack design from dashcunning in the 'Smallest craft for munar landing and back'.

Then I had to make that thing float upright when landed in water and developed the upper part of the first Kerbin lander stage with floats and chutes based on experiences in the 'To the other hemisphere and back' challenge.

From there it was improvisation and ended up looking a bit like a flying patio.

The vid shows how decoupled parts hang on to the model in strange places after a reload. If I was a perfectionist I would have played it through without reload and only used shots with pristine craft but then you would expect parts hanging off a ship which just exploded... a bit..! :D

Thanks RedDwarfIV, OtherDalfite, madmat & Zephram Kerman, glad you liked it.

The other thing about the music is the lyric/quote/hook which says 'we would like to show our appreciation, for your support' which I thought was an appropriate way to say thanks to Squad :).

Only thing is I cannot work out where that quote comes from, usually that kind of thing is from a movie, can anyone identify it ?

Super impressed!

You really took advantage of the new camera system. Some very cool shots in that video. Most people dont even bother to get some interesting shots into a video, yours consisted of only interesting shots! The music was perfect too.

Sucks that one strut glitched out the the final lander as well, glad it didnt stuff everything up though and wasnt too distracting.

And the water landing was impressive as well, for a start I didnt know that was possible (at least to land and then relaunch a rocket from the ocean - wtf!?), and secondly Id never considered using multiple parachutes to land a larger rocket back on Kerbin ready to use again. Very interesting setup indeed.

Also - so much for me feeling accomplished the other week, for landing my first rocket on the mun! ???

• 1 month later...

Do you mean the second launch? I did some R&D to find the smallest possible single shot & return vehicle and then built the first big launcher around that. The key is not having ASAS on the final lander stage, so it is very light and has a lot of DV in its half tank. It is also fairly easy to fly because the capsule SAS damps its motion well enough as it is so small. The R&D allowed me to practice flying it and decide on optimum deceleration burn timing for the lander etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.