[1.4.x] Contract Pack: RemoteTech [v2.1.4] [2017-08-27]

nightingale

Looks like you aren't meeting the eccentricity and inclination part of the parameters (they are still incomplete/grey).

Yes, that I am aware of, though it still shows "Direct connection to" as greyed out. Is that supposed to be so?

Yes, that I am aware of, though it still shows "Direct connection to" as greyed out. Is that supposed to be so?

Correct - until you get all the contract parameters green, it won't consider any vessel as CommSat I/II/III/IV. So because it hasn't picked anything up yet, you can't have a direct connection to it. Once the orbital stuff gets corrected, the rest of the pieces should fall into place.

Correct - until you get all the contract parameters green, it won't consider any vessel as CommSat I/II/III/IV. So because it hasn't picked anything up yet, you can't have a direct connection to it. Once the orbital stuff gets corrected, the rest of the pieces should fall into place.

Great! Thanks! Will do that once I have ....something better than eyeballing in my playthrough. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I accidentally began the "Remote satellite network around Kerbin" mission long before I had the tech to deal with it. (wimpy one-square solar panel, and wimpy batteries that can't keep the the satellites awake all through the dark side of the planet, so the shake-out tests never stay up long enough.)

So I figured that's my fault and I'll take the hit for cancelling the mission, and I'll come back to it later in the tech tree.

But it never shows up in the mission list again. Once cancelled it never comes back.

What do I have to edit in the files to force it to respawn the mission?

It won't come back if you already have Kerbin coverage (I forget the exact percentage required). Rather than editing files, bring up the Contract Configurator debug menu with alt-f10. Expand stuff until you find the contract in question (RT_KerbinRelay). Then click the check marks next to the REQUIREMENT lines to turn them red. Cancel one or two contracts or time warp a bit, and the contract should show up.

Interestingly, it is quite possible to do the kerbin mission with basic sat tech, as long as you can get the sat up, and then return to space centre, it will never lose power due to the stock electric charge bug, thats how I do it anyway

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed. Since it's not the 1.7 version that they released I expect things will probably just work. But I'll double check that soon and release a new version of Contract Configurator if anything needs to change. At that point I'll also update the contract pack to be 1.0.2 compatible. :)

Indeed. Since it's not the 1.7 version that they released I expect things will probably just work. But I'll double check that soon and release a new version of Contract Configurator if anything needs to change. At that point I'll also update the contract pack to be 1.0.2 compatible. :)

Sounds great. I may just sneak a manual install in there in lieu of waiting for CKAN.

Hi!

I have installed the contract pack and RemoteTech 2 via CKAN, but for some reason the contracts won't show up. Not even the initial contract. What could be wrong? The debug menu gives me the following error: "[Error]: Contract of type 'ConfiguredContract' was not be generated.".

Hi!

I have installed the contract pack and RemoteTech 2 via CKAN, but for some reason the contracts won't show up. Not even the initial contract. What could be wrong? The debug menu gives me the following error: "[Error]: Contract of type 'ConfiguredContract' was not be generated.".

How far are you in your career? The RemoteTech contracts start showing up once you've researched a couple things (probe cores, solar panels and batteries, I think it was). You can also check the Contract Configurator debug menu (alt-f10) and hit the "Force Check Requirement) to see if any of the contracts are meeting their requirements (if they are all green, it should be able to generate).

Are the reward values the same as in the imgur? Seems a bit high to me. Although, considering the amount of work / time for some of them... I'm about to re-install RT with a new 1.0 install, I'll give this a try.

~Steve

The funds are about the same - rep was cut drastically from those insane numbers and science was removed entirely. The funds aren't too high considering the ones shown are for launching a 3-4 sat Eeloo network and a 6-15+ sat Jool network.... In fact maybe the Jool one (coming in at 3 million funds) is too low... it's a big logistical one to do, so maybe would be reasonable being 5 million.

Hi. I'm getting this:

66M4EhV.png

Note, Vessel: CommSat III requires that it isn't itself. So that seems to be making it impossible to complete the contract. I have 4 sats up, connected like 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 1... so I should be able to complete it. I've timewarped for days and switched vessels trying to get the contract to fix itself but it hasn't. It seems to be stuck like this.

Similarly sometimes that same contract's requirements would just get screwed up, requiring things like "Direct connection to: CommSat IIIIIIII", etc. Odd!

Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.

Ugh, ugh, ugh. I remember having all the issues you described many weeks ago, and I thought I fixed it all.

Just in case, can you confirm you're on the latest versions of the contract pack (1.1.3) and Contract Configurator (1.0.4)? If yes, then I'll have to do some testing for a fix.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.