[1.4.x] Contract Pack: RemoteTech [v2.1.4] [2017-08-27]

nightingale

Hey guys I'm fairly new to the community. (Just a couple of months)

I had the same problem as TheDog and Munitions where the timer would not start to count down and the contract would say "CommSat III (New), Vessel: Not CommSat IV" I thought that it was because I set the satellites up in the wrong order. I did CommSat I, II, and accidentally did IV then I did III, but the contract highlighted the right stuff. So I was like why are you not working. I followed the RemoteTech tutorial to learn how to set up a perfect or almost perfect network. Anyway I also edited the satellites orbits like in the tutorial to have them sync up with each other by editing the "persistent.sfs" file in my save game. I don't call it cheating if you're a perfectionist like me. Anyway I then went through the file with a fine-tooth comb and found something that just didn't add up.

SCENARIO
{
name = ContractVesselTracker
scene = 7, 8, 5
VESSEL
{
key = CommSat I
id = 784ac4c7-0607-4055-892a-a61cb6325880
hash = 2780334805
}
VESSEL
{
key = CommSat IV
id = a1407b9b-fd9e-4f53-8d7b-7f8e698ad9df
hash = 2075591612
}
VESSEL
{
key = CommSat II
id = a628146d-ab83-4c5b-9d8f-14791235d1ea
hash = 3118026093

I was like where's CommSat III? So I searched for all the CommSats and finally found "pid =" number and compared them with the stuff above, and obviously they were different.

pid = f7fb523180024745950732e73bfdb506
name = CommSat I

pid = 784ac4c706074055892aa61cb6325880
name = CommSat II

pid = a628146dab834c5b9d8f14791235d1ea
name = CommSat III

pid = a1407b9bfd9e4f538d7b7f8e698ad9df
name = CommSat IV

So I changed the Scenario "key = CommSat IV" to "CommSat II" and "CommSat II" to CommSat III"

I also changed the "id =" to the pid number and added the dashes where they need to go.

SCENARIO
{
scene = 7, 8, 5
VESSEL
{
key = CommSat I
id = f7fb5231-8002-4745-9507-32e73bfdb506
hash = 2780334805
}
VESSEL
{
key = CommSat II
id = 784ac4c7-0607-4055-892a-a61cb6325880
hash = 1958485102
}
VESSEL
{
key = CommSat III
id = a628146d-ab83-4c5b-9d8f-14791235d1ea
hash = 3118026093

tried this with no luck. Similar or same issue, have a working network in place but the timer doesnt start. I actually HAD the timer working, but about 4 hours before it was up, timewarp decided that I went out of connection briefly and reset it - and for some reason convinced the contract that my satellites were in a different order now. Given that it works as a network, Im tempted to just use the debug menu to complete the contract and move on with starting a mun probe.

Any luck on fixing this?

tried this with no luck. Similar or same issue, have a working network in place but the timer doesnt start. I actually HAD the timer working, but about 4 hours before it was up, timewarp decided that I went out of connection briefly and reset it - and for some reason convinced the contract that my satellites were in a different order now. Given that it works as a network, Im tempted to just use the debug menu to complete the contract and move on with starting a mun probe.

Any luck on fixing this?

Should be working in the upcoming release, but I'll run through a few more tests to make sure.

Should be working in the upcoming release, but I'll run through a few more tests to make sure.

Oh whew! I thought I was going crazy. I finally got the network up, the testing countdown began, I shut the game down for a few days (work, etc. bah!) And now this morning it seems to tell me that CommSat III needs to not be CommSat III or some such... ;)

the starting contract gives screwy info (to a completely new to remote tech player). It isn't actually possible to do a 4 probe network with the basic 1200km antenna. Got all my stuff up there and it doesn't connect at 250km, did the math and realised that the edge of connection for a 1200km antenna is exactly the same at the minimum height to maintain distance. Suggest rewriting it for 3/4/5 instead of 3/4 (Note, I'm using the SETI tech tree, so maybe it's possible that wouldn't normally be an issue?)

the starting contract gives screwy info (to a completely new to remote tech player). It isn't actually possible to do a 4 probe network with the basic 1200km antenna. Got all my stuff up there and it doesn't connect at 250km, did the math and realised that the edge of connection for a 1200km antenna is exactly the same at the minimum height to maintain distance. Suggest rewriting it for 3/4/5 instead of 3/4 (Note, I'm using the SETI tech tree, so maybe it's possible that wouldn't normally be an issue?)

There's no such thing as a basic 1200km antenna in RemoteTech - DP-10 is 500km and Communotron-16 is 2500km. So it sounds like SETI-tech changed the antenna range on you, as the maximum altitude for a 4-sat network should be way up there at 1150km with stock RemoteTech.

I definitely won't change the contract to support 3/4/5, as changing it to 3/4 has caused way too many support requests (not because people aren't getting it, but because it's too complicated and seems to draw out all the bugs).

I also am using the SETI tech tree, but not the SETI balance mod.

Im using a 4 probe network, with the basic 1200km antenna (also using the root range mod with antenna range 0.5). Im connected at 400km.

If you are using the SETI balance mod and it has set your antenna range to 1200km, I would say it is assuming that the root range model is enabled (which it is not by default but SHOULD BE).

Im pretty sure the reason that my 4 probe network didnt work was because it got stuck trying to assume that certain probes were launched in a certain order. A 3 probe network doesnt care about order, but a 4 or 5 probe network cares a lot about it.

In career mode, when do I start seeing RT Contracts? I've unlocked electrics and probe cores so I would think I should be seeing them now.

That sounds about right. Could be they haven't shown up yet. If you go into the Contract Configurator debug menu (alt-f10), expand stuff to find the contract (RT_KerbinRelay) and press the "force check requirements button". If there's anything that's yellow, then the contract won't show up. If it's all green, then you should be good to go (maybe cancel other 2-star contracts to get it to show up).

That sounds about right. Could be they haven't shown up yet. If you go into the Contract Configurator debug menu (alt-f10), expand stuff to find the contract (RT_KerbinRelay) and press the "force check requirements button". If there's anything that's yellow, then the contract won't show up. If it's all green, then you should be good to go (maybe cancel other 2-star contracts to get it to show up).

It was user error. I haven't use CKAN before now and didn't actually install the mod, just checked the box. Once I installed it everything shows up correctly. Thanks for the help.

New version out, I've split the 3 and 4 commsat variants of the Kerbin contract into two different contracts - that'll hopefully improve the situation with some of this issues that we've been seeing. Download now!

ContractPack-RemoteTech 1.1.4

• Split three and four commsat versions of Kerbin contract up.
  • Fixed location of waypoint in KerbolSat contract (thanks Addesso).

I'm having some trouble with my CommSat (4 satellite) mission. I grab the mission and I proceed to put satellites in orbit. But before I can fix their orbits to go into the correct positions, the contract disappears. Looking at my save file, it shows up as FAILED!

Here is the PastBin from my save file if that helps.

I'm having some trouble with my CommSat (4 satellite) mission. I grab the mission and I proceed to put satellites in orbit. But before I can fix their orbits to go into the correct positions, the contract disappears. Looking at my save file, it shows up as FAILED!

Here is the PastBin from my save file if that helps.

Grr... I sort of know what the problem is, but I don't understand why it's happening. I'll have to do some investigation on this.

- - - Updated - - -

Any chance you have the log from when this happened? I can't seem to reproduce.

Grr... I sort of know what the problem is, but I don't understand why it's happening. I'll have to do some investigation on this.

- - - Updated - - -

Any chance you have the log from when this happened? I can't seem to reproduce.

Where might I find this log? I can go through the steps if you like.

I launched four satellites in separate rockets. My main stage ran out of fuel putting me at an Ap of about 120km. I burned horizontally until the far side Ap became 500km, then quickly set up a flight computer burn to circularize at 500km.

I launched the second rocket and it happened to put the 2nd satellite 90 degrees behind the first, which I thought was great because I could just do two more of these and be done. However, the 3rd was significantly behind the 2nd and didn't have a link to it. I figured I'd correct the orbit later, so I launched the 4th and it put the satellite between the 1st and 2nd, which of course also would need to be corrected. I then glanced at my contracts page. I'm using Contract Window +. I noticed that the contract was GONE, so I checked my save and sure enough it failed.

I did this yesterday as well and it failed there too, though I did spend much more time messing with orbits yesterday because I had no idea what I was doing. Today I figured it would work. I can give you the logs if you can tell me where to find them.

Also, I'm curious - if I set up my commsat network in advance and then accept this contract, will it just automatically fulfill when I go to space and the contract sees the network set up properly? I might try that. This is a very high paying contract, so I'm rather motivated to make sure it works, especially since I need the commsats up anyway.

[edit]

I did find KSP_Data\output_log.txt but it's 14.5MB. Do you want maybe a portion of this? that's a pretty massive text file.

Edited by Recon777

[edit]

I did find KSP_Data\output_log.txt but it's 14.5MB. Do you want maybe a portion of this? that's a pretty massive text file.

you could always zip it first if its too big for you to upload. I had one that was nearly half a gig last week o.0

you could always zip it first if its too big for you to upload. I had one that was nearly half a gig last week o.0

Well, no it's not too big. I just wasn't sure if I was meant to search through it for a certain thing - or if this was even the right file.

I did upload it anyway though. The log is here.

Also, I did save the game as a separate file just BEFORE accepting the contract, in case this happened again. So I can run it again if we can figure out how to make it work.

Edited by Recon777

14.5 megs isn't that big for the log files. :) That should help, I'll let you know what I find out.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, I think I may have found the problem. I've got a dev build of Contract Configurator for you to try here (just replace the existing dll). If you can retest this, it would be much appreciated.

And stupid question - did you rename a vessel at any point? That's the game event that is firing that appears to be causing the problem...

Yeah actually I did rename the satellites. They all launched with the exact same name (CommSat Launcher 5) and I renamed them to things like CommSat 0.1 and CommSat 0.2 so I could tell them apart in orbit.

Also I was wondering about the events in your contract program and how it related to them. I noticed that in the contract it seemed to decide for itself which one was CommSat I and which was II etc. At one point yesterday, I got all four up and in a connection ring around the planet. But the contract did not complete because it said that CommSat I did not have a direct connection to CommSat II. There was definitely a connection ring though. The contract seemed to believe that the satellite on the far side of Kerbin was number II rather than III like it visually appeared. At that point I figured maybe it had hard assigned identities to the satellites and I tried moving them around so that the contract would be happy. Shortly after that, the contract failed.

Today, I simply renamed the satellites as soon as they got into space. I'm actually very close to finishing setting up my network BEFORE accepting the contract to test whether it auto-completes or not. I should be done soon, then I will test your new update with my old save. :)

[edit]

Actually, I'm gonna test your new dll now. Will post when it's done.

[edit 2]

Ugh. If the game didn't crash at least once an hour, this would be a lot easier.

Well, I can report that the contract does NOT fail now due to changing the satellite names. However, I am still getting that problem where the contract is confused as to what satellite is what. Best to post a screenshot.

Mx501w5.png

So, the first entry is for CommSat 0.4 and is green, presumably because all the requirements are met. Since it is first on the list, I assume the contract views this as "CommSat I". Also, CommSat 0.4 is the one directly connected to KSC, so that does make sense.

However, looking at the next entry, it is looking for CommSat II. It lists in white the requirement for a direct connection to CommSat 0.4. This is strange, since the only satellite NOT connected to 0.4 is CommSat 0.2 on the far side of Kerbin. But why does the contract consider THIS to be CommSat II? Shouldn't it be picking 0.1 or 0.3? Both of those are connected to 0.4. Is this because CommSat 0.2 was the SECOND satellite I put into orbit?

Next, we see the contract looking for CommSat III. Here, I am completely confused. In RED, it has the requirement "Not CommSat 0.4" Does this mean that the contract is somehow LOOKING at 0.4 (again) when assigning CommSat III? This makes no sense. In white, it has a requirement of being directly connected to CommSat II, which apparently is 0.2, so that would be consistent.

Lastly, we see the contract looking for CommSat IV. It shows a requirement for being directly connected to 0.4. I'm not sure what's happening here. It must be looking at 0.2 again because that's the only one not connected to 0.4.

Edited by Recon777

Alright, that info helps tremendously, it seems like the "Direct Connection to: x" parameters aren't working for you. They worked for me, so I know there's something special about your setup that is breaking them. But first, it looks like there's some leftover "issues" from a previous attempt.... I need you to go into your save file, and find the section that looks like this:

SCENARIO
{
scene = 7, 8, 5
VESSEL
{
key = CommSat I
id = 0118e26c-b404-4e32-9335-c8963ff018d0
hash = 1005977915
}
VESSEL
{
key = CommSat II
id = 661c8a12-3b22-4fc1-98dd-95ed26333302
hash = 1564771496
}
VESSEL
{
key = CommSat III
id = 5ab2016e-c09e-4ddc-bff1-7fc272c2f538
hash = 864217198
}
}

and make it look like this:

SCENARIO
{
scene = 7, 8, 5
}

I'll have to give some though to a more permanent fix - raised [#217] for more investigation. Anyway, I have a suspicion that if you clear all that out that things will start working for you, so let's start with just that.

EDIT: Oh, and it really doesn't matter (if things are working properly) which commsat gets assigned to I/II/III/IV - and if you're in the middle of building it, it will be normal for stuff to turn on/off as you hook up the satellites and as they go in and out of range of KSC.

make it look like this:

SCENARIO
{
scene = 7, 8, 5
}

Yep, found the spot in the save file. I'll clear out the vessel data and give it another shot when I get the chance.

SCENARIO    {
scene = 7, 8, 5
VESSEL
{
key = CommSat III
id = 31ee1bc9-de6d-4527-8ff5-28643eb8f081
hash = 1749270657
}
VESSEL
{
key = CommSat I
id = 2001157e-94e6-4eb9-bba1-12685258cb60
hash = 3560171294
}
}

make it look like this:

Oh, and it really doesn't matter (if things are working properly) which commsat gets assigned to I/II/III/IV - and if you're in the middle of building it, it will be normal for stuff to turn on/off as you hook up the satellites and as they go in and out of range of KSC.

Yeah, I figured that was the case since the contracts usually are very intelligent about dynamically processing all the bits and figuring out what parts go to what. Although - I did have a slight bug today in that I was tasked to test the Mk16 parachute at a certain altitude and speed. I put a command pod on top of a Hammer booster and let it rip. Went up past the required altitude enough so it built up the proper speed on the way back down. ALL the conditions were green, so I popped the chute, but the contract did not succeed. No idea why.

[edit]

Actually I figured I might as well give it a quick test. It did change things but it's still broken. See below.

o1AOZwI.png

Now, ComSat II it identifies as 0.3 correctly. All green. However ComSat III it must be picking as 0.1 or something where it ought to be picking 0.2.

ComSat IV seems to be linking to 0.3 as well, which is strange. I definitely REMOVED all the vessel data like you said.

Edited by Recon777

Yep, found the spot in the save file. I'll clear out the vessel data and give it another shot when I get the chance.

SCENARIO    {
scene = 7, 8, 5
VESSEL
{
key = CommSat III
id = 31ee1bc9-de6d-4527-8ff5-28643eb8f081
hash = 1749270657
}
VESSEL
{
key = CommSat I
id = 2001157e-94e6-4eb9-bba1-12685258cb60
hash = 3560171294
}
}

Yeah, I figured that was the case since the contracts usually are very intelligent about dynamically processing all the bits and figuring out what parts go to what. Although - I did have a slight bug today in that I was tasked to test the Mk16 parachute at a certain altitude and speed. I put a command pod on top of a Hammer booster and let it rip. Went up past the required altitude enough so it built up the proper speed on the way back down. ALL the conditions were green, so I popped the chute, but the contract did not succeed. No idea why.

[edit]

Actually I figured I might as well give it a quick test. It did change things but it's still broken. See below.

http://i.imgur.com/o1AOZwI.png

Now, ComSat II it identifies as 0.3 correctly. All green. However ComSat III it must be picking as 0.1 or something where it ought to be picking 0.2.

ComSat IV seems to be linking to 0.3 as well, which is strange. I definitely REMOVED all the vessel data like you said.

I think it's just showing values for the active vessel. There are some parameters that don't work quite as well for non-active vessels (maybe a few improvements I can make around there). Anyway, try cycling the active vessel through your commsats. If that doesn't do it, then I'll take a look at the save and see what ​I can do to reproduce.

I tried switching through satellites. That DOES affect the contract, but none of them solved it.

Here's what it looked like for each. From left to right: 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4 in focus.

siNlTt4.png

Here is the save, if you can figure out anything from that.

Edited by Recon777

I tried switching through satellites. That DOES affect the contract, but none of them solved it.

Here's what it looked like for each. From left to right: 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4 in focus.

http://i.imgur.com/siNlTt4.png

Here is the save, if you can figure out anything from that.

According to those screenshots, CommSats 0.1 and 0.2 have inclination issues (inclination is not below 1.0 degrees).

According to those screenshots, CommSats 0.1 and 0.2 have inclination issues (inclination is not below 1.0 degrees).

Ooooh!!! I didn't even notice that. I figured since the "Direct Connection" requirement was still showing as white, that this was the issue.

So, I just fixed the inclinations for 0.1 and 0.2 and now is has ALL four sats green and is "Performing shake-out testing 1 day". WOOT!! :D

[EDIT]

Um... well when the 6 hour timer ran out, it RESET! Why is it doing a second shake-out test for an additional day?

[EDIT 2]

Oops, I forgot it was a 2 day test. I thought "shake-out testing 1 day" was the title, and the 6 hour timer was the one day. Then it switched to "just" 5 hours and change, without the "1 day" prefix.

Although - in my haste to get it done, I time warped to 1000x, and that caused it to think it temporarily lost connection between satellites, thus resetting my counter. *facepalm*

All done now though! Contract FINALLY complete after two days of real life work. lol

I'll let you know if I have further issues. I plan on setting up the Mun and Minmus coverage networks next. Already accepted the contracts and got one Mun satellite in a perfect orbit.

Edited by Recon777

Hi there,

I'm not getting any contracts, and when I use alt-f10 like suggested in other posts, all the contracts are in red, and reloading and forcing check seems to do nothing. I've also re-installed the mod a couple times, and on my brothers computer aswell, with the same problem.

I have unlocked all the neccesary science as far as I know? I have probe cores, the first battery, the first basic square solar panel, and the antennae.

I've attached my logfile as you suggested to some others on the forum:

http://www.321webs.com/download/92139.htm

Cheers for helping!

Hi there,

I'm not getting any contracts, and when I use alt-f10 like suggested in other posts, all the contracts are in red, and reloading and forcing check seems to do nothing. I've also re-installed the mod a couple times, and on my brothers computer aswell, with the same problem.

I have unlocked all the neccesary science as far as I know? I have probe cores, the first battery, the first basic square solar panel, and the antennae.

I've attached my logfile as you suggested to some others on the forum:

http://www.321webs.com/download/92139.htm

Cheers for helping!

It's hard to tell exactly why it's happening, but it looks like you have a mod that is violently incompatible with KSP 1.0.x and is spewing this message out in the logs:

MissingFieldException: Field '.EditorLogic.softLock' not found.

My recommendation is to install KSP-AVC, and check if any mods that support KSP-AVC have updates. If not, then manually check the ones that aren't listed by KSP-AVC.

Or just remove ISA MapSat, as I'm about 90% sure that it's long dead and not compatible with current KSP and is likely the source of your issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.