[1.4.x] Contract Pack: RemoteTech [v2.1.4] [2017-08-27]

nightingale

I dont have ISA MapSat installed as far as im aware?

I actually made sure when I tried installing on my brothers computer to use CKAN to make sure everything was installed correctly, and I had the same problem. Except on his computer, the only things installed were remote tech, remote tech contract pack, and contract configurator.

I dont have ISA MapSat installed as far as im aware?

I actually made sure when I tried installing on my brothers computer to use CKAN to make sure everything was installed correctly, and I had the same problem. Except on his computer, the only things installed were remote tech, remote tech contract pack, and contract configurator.

Your log says otherwise:

Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.2.6.3.dll (this message is harmless)Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Chatterer\Plugins\Chatterer.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Chatterer\Plugins\MiniAVC.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ContractConfigurator\ContractConfigurator.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\RemoteTech\Plugins\RemoteTech.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ContractConfigurator\CC_RemoteTech.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ContractConfigurator\MiniAVC.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KerbalEngineer\KerbalEngineer.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KerbalEngineer\MiniAVC.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\NavyFish\Plugins\Docking Port Alignment Indicator\DockingPortAlignment.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\NavyFish\Plugins\Docking Port Alignment Indicator\ModuleDockingNodeNamed.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\NavyFish\Plugins\Docking Port Alignment Indicator\DPAI_RPM.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\NavyFish\Plugins\Docking Port Alignment Indicator\MiniAVC.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\PlanetShine\Plugins\MiniAVC.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\PlanetShine\Plugins\PlanetShine.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport\MiniAVC.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ThunderAerospace\TacLifeSupport\TacLifeSupport.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TriggerTech\KerbalAlarmClock\KerbalAlarmClock.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Plugins\CleverBobCat.dll (this message is harmless)
[COLOR=#ff0000]Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Plugins\ISA_MapSat.dll (this message is harmless)[/COLOR]
Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Plugins\KAS.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Plugins\KIS.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Plugins\MuMechLib.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Plugins\RemoteTech.dll (this message is harmless)
Non platform assembly: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Plugins\subassemblyLoader.dll (this message is harmless)

Is it not possible to accomplish the 3 and 4 satellite contracts at the same time? I'm dealing with the issue of when one contract succeeds, the other fails. Given they have no time limit, this doesn't really make sense. Why do they even have failure conditions?

Is it not possible to accomplish the 3 and 4 satellite contracts at the same time? I'm dealing with the issue of when one contract succeeds, the other fails. Given they have no time limit, this doesn't really make sense. Why do they even have failure conditions?

Make sure you are running the latest version. If not, then cancel the contracts before updating.

They are meant to be mutually exclusive. It's in the contract notes that you shouldn't accept both, but I'll have to make that more prominent. Or finally build in the logic that would make one disappear if you accept the other.

Just a possible bug Report with the 4 satellite initial Kerbin contract, don't know about the 3 sat Version,that if you rename a satellite after The Contract has turned green for the satellite your launching it instantly fails the contract.

Had my second Satelite in place and then Renamed it from Kerbin Com Sat Mk1 to Kerbin Com Sat Beta. Don't remember that happening before. Is this by design ?

Just a possible bug Report with the 4 satellite initial Kerbin contract, don't know about the 3 sat Version,that if you rename a satellite after The Contract has turned green for the satellite your launching it instantly fails the contract.

Had my second Satelite in place and then Renamed it from Kerbin Com Sat Mk1 to Kerbin Com Sat Beta. Don't remember that happening before. Is this by design ?

Nope, definitely not by design, raised [#220] to look into it.

EDIT: Actually, can you provide a log? Just in case it's failing because of some horrible exception in the vessel rename code...

Edited by nightingale

Nope, definitely not by design, raised [#220] to look into it.

EDIT: Actually, can you provide a log? Just in case it's failing because of some horrible exception in the vessel rename code...

Sorry don't have that log, played for a while after that and wont get a change to try it anew till after work tomorrow.

Hi, did the split up in two contracts solve the issue with the non appearing Kerben contracts? I have the same issue with the missions. The Debug menue shows all green.

Yup, they should be split now. If the debug menu shows all green the first thing I'd try is just cancelling a bunch of offered contracts, which will cause KSP to cycle through generating new contracts. Does that get them to show up? If not, then send a log and I'll take a closer look.

Hmmm it stays strange somehow. The first two missions worked, at least on the contract side. For a while I saw the nex mission offered (Mun network) but I did't picked it up for a while, now its gone and resists to show up again.

I tryed the usual (Cycle trough offerd contracts, Debug menue remove fulfilled missions, reinstalled CC) but nothig seems to motivate the missions tho show up again.

Here is the output log. I fly over it already and I fear that my install is a little messy with that many errors inside :(

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3S6YRtGQtcsblplM1B5UnRfOTg/view?usp=sharing

Hmmm it stays strange somehow. The first two missions worked, at least on the contract side. For a while I saw the nex mission offered (Mun network) but I did't picked it up for a while, now its gone and resists to show up again.

I tryed the usual (Cycle trough offerd contracts, Debug menue remove fulfilled missions, reinstalled CC) but nothig seems to motivate the missions tho show up again.

Here is the output log. I fly over it already and I fear that my install is a little messy with that many errors inside :(

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3S6YRtGQtcsblplM1B5UnRfOTg/view?usp=sharing

I didn't see anything that appeared to be a major concern. Did you build a Mun network without accepting the contract? By design, if the body in question has more than a certain amount of coverage, the contracts won't show up. It may even be enough if you have a commsat pointed at the Mun/Minmus.

Have you advanced far enough in tech? You won't see ones for Duna/etc. unless you have the bigger dishes unlocked.

You can also go to the Contract Configurator debug menu (alt-f10) and hit "force check requirements". You can then expand the RemoteTech contracts, and check if the REQUIREMENT nodes are all green. If there are any that are yellow, it's a requirement that is unmet for that contract, which will prevent it from generating.

Yea you were totaly correct. I was still pointing the dishes from the 2nd contract to mun. Plus the one sat I had already there it was enough to set the coverage over the threshold. As I turned the dishes of the 2nd contract off and kerbin rotated to the opposite side, the 3rd contract appeard after a little contract cycling.

Suggestion: Add a fullfillment agreement to the point to contract that includes deactivating the dishes for "result proceccing" than it's less likely people run into that?

BTW I totally love your contracts ^^

running into a slight bug with the 4 sat relay contract, i had just sent up my third satelite and renamed it to CommSat III, had the orbit all ligned up and set but when i check on the contract it's saying commsatt III cant be named commsat III. i checked the cfg for the contract but it all seems in order. not sure what's going on with it and i'll try to see if i can fix it, restarting ksp right now. i'll let you know if it fixed itself.

*update* okay so i went back to the ship and it stil has the problem so i tried renaming it to commsat IV and the contract changes the name as well so i cant get commsat III to complete.

*update* just did some config editing, i copied the paramaters for CommSat II and replaced CommSat III's paramaters and changed the names, sadly it didnt work and broke some other satelite paramters as well.

Edited by run1235

running into a slight bug with the 4 sat relay contract, i had just sent up my third satelite and renamed it to CommSat III, had the orbit all ligned up and set but when i check on the contract it's saying commsatt III cant be named commsat III. i checked the cfg for the contract but it all seems in order. not sure what's going on with it and i'll try to see if i can fix it, restarting ksp right now. i'll let you know if it fixed itself.

*update* okay so i went back to the ship and it stil has the problem so i tried renaming it to commsat IV and the contract changes the name as well so i cant get commsat III to complete.

*update* just did some config editing, i copied the paramaters for CommSat II and replaced CommSat III's paramaters and changed the names, sadly it didnt work and broke some other satelite paramters as well.

The names of your vessels are actually irrelevant - the contract will reflect whatever names you choose. In fact, if you choose to use the same as the placeholder names (CommSat I/II/III/IV), then it'll get confusing as it could assign "CommSat I" to a vessel named "CommSat II".

I'd need to see screenshots to be able to comment beyond that in terms of why it's not recognizing (although I wouldn't worry about it too much until you get all four up, as it's hard to get things to stick when you keep losing connectivity to mission control).

if it happens again i'll post some pics but i lost all my money trying to get those 4 satelites up and running so i'm just starting a new career game. i'll be sure to name them something else though so as to not confuse the code.

if it happens again i'll post some pics but i lost all my money trying to get those 4 satelites up and running so i'm just starting a new career game. i'll be sure to name them something else though so as to not confuse the code.

The code won't be confused if you name them the same thing - it'll handle it just fine. I'm more concerned about players getting confused. ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.