What do you do in the time your heavily modded KSP needs to load?

Kolago

What do you do in the time your heavily modded KSP needs to load?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do in the time your heavily modded KSP needs to load?

• Coffee break
    • Watching KSP videos
    • Browsing for more mods
    • Go out with the dogs
    • Smoking break
    • Reading a (e)book
    • Bringing the kids to bed
    • Order fast food
    • Building a new mod
    • Nothing of the above

Don't alt+tab loading KSP. Just don't.

I check the temperature and pressure of the pipes in the reactor vessel, and remind my female colleague to put on a lead apron before adding more fuel. She's a hard worker, always thinking more about energy production than her safety.

P_139lay.jpg

Mostly make another cup of green tea. I figure long loading times are the game's way of keeping me hydrated.

Sometimes I'll start/continue working on a drawing, and totally forget that KSP was backgrounded for the next hour or two :P

(Alt-tab gives me no issues at all during loading, as long as I use the popup window shortcut option :))

I watch the bar and then start the game.

RAID 0 SSD's.

Until recently, I alt tabbed, never had anything bad happen. Then, KSP decided to now not load when alt tabbed, so I now run it "window borderless" which makes it feel like full screen, but I can go browse the internet while I wait

....Really? Mine only just started to load while minimized, and never did before 0.90. I thought it was a new fix. I wonder what that's about?

Edited by Camaron

While I should have put none of the above. But, I do go for coffee brakes while flying basic Jets on Kerbin to do contracts with. 2 hour + flights in a straight line most of the time one neds to do somethign else. Like go for coffee. Play with the dogs. Make food. Read Book or forums or chat in a chat room. But, one poll option you forgot was. Bio-Break for longer play time.

depends on what Im loading it on:

My desktop's PCI-SSD: put a beer in the fridge

My desktop's mass storage HDD: move it to the second monitor (I play in windowed mode) and launch a steam game and check back tomorrow

My Laptop: what I am actually supposed to be doing at the time (YAY college lectures).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.