(Former) Spirit Style Landing Challenge.

1 hour ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

I'm SOO gonna do this w/ my "Mercenary" 1 Kerb Dune Buggy. Which can be found in Addiction Aerospace, in my sig.

I checked your sig, and... DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE... you gotta do it with that thing...

Also, this would be DOUBLE awesome with a badge. Wink, wink, blink, nudge nudge?

1. For one thing, I can't make a badge because I don't know how to.

2. "I'm a coward sir."

3. Perhaps JEHOVAH will tell me.

*Wink wink, nudge nudge

Oof, I came back and there were several more comments...

1. Yes, all of you can help with the badges. Anybody on/ visiting this thread can say anything about me, and help in any way.

3 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Can I hyperedit into Duna orbit?

Yes.

3 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Darn, I've only done this on Eve

Noice. You know what? How about I'll make this challenge take place on every/ any planet in the Kerbol system. Just, guys, can you please try to suggest me which planet to classify as hard, easy, etc? I'm not much of an expert on the Kerbol planets, and I only use RO anyway.

34 minutes ago, killakrust said:

I'm not bad a makin badges. How's this?

Spk0h2g.pngSig:L7iyMzO.png

Very nice. Just a few touches: try to remove the airbags, as the challenge is without them. Also, how about making the badge a reference to the amount of uncertainty that players have when playing KSP? Perhaps, let the badge depict a few screaming Kerbals plummeting onto Duna's surface in a breaking-up pod? How about depicting the few Kerbals on the ground, the pod in the background, and a white flag (accepting surrender) with the words "Does this count?" scribbled on it. You get the point.

For now, of course, this badge is accepted.

*Edit

Wait, how do you put the badge onto the thread without it being oversize?

Edited by 073198681

Hold on, hold on... SpaceplaneAddict, I just read you were using your "Mercenary" 1 Kerb Dune Buggy for the elcano challenge. Here's an offer: if you do this challenge and the elcano challenge at once (provided you meet the terms of both challenges), you will get an extra 100 points and take the badge from Killakrust *menacingly evil laugh...

Also, Killakrust, I just realised I forgot to give you the points for a few months. On it. However, I just need to make my scoring system a little more serious and detailed, if I can have help with that.

Edited by 073198681

Here's what I did for Eve. Not sure if it met all the parameters of the challenge, but it was a heck of a ride. Imgur album includes air deployment and landing of a 3-kerb crewed rover, that rover's navigation overland to pick u stranded kerbonauts, and a subsequent 75km drive to the ascent ship. Sorry, resource windows not shown in the comic. All stock except KER, no cheats.

Recommended music for the drop is Ride of the Valkyries

9 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Here's what I did for Eve. Not sure if it met all the parameters of the challenge, but it was a heck of a ride. Imgur album includes air deployment and landing of a 3-kerb crewed rover, that rover's navigation overland to pick u stranded kerbonauts, and a subsequent 75km drive to the ascent ship. Sorry, resource windows not shown in the comic. All stock except KER, no cheats.

Recommended music for the drop is Ride of the Valkyries

That was awesome. However, you forgot to cut the parachute and drop several hundred meters to the surface. That was the point of the challenge

Well, this is the Duna One test, though partially successfull, and fulfilling the requirements, it's not an entry.

Holy... JEHOVAH

That was possibly the most amazing landing I've ever seen in ksp. Hold on while I check the speed of touchdown... Approximately 50m/s. That was awesome.

If I could land like that, I would do it on every single mission I had, anywhere.

*note: I'm actually starting to think up a nice scoring system (other than the crappy one I have in place, currently.

Edited by 073198681

14 hours ago, 073198681 said:

Very nice. Just a few touches: try to remove the airbags, as the challenge is without them. Also, how about making the badge a reference to the amount of uncertainty that players have when playing KSP? Perhaps, let the badge depict a few screaming Kerbals plummeting onto Duna's surface in a breaking-up pod? How about depicting the few Kerbals on the ground, the pod in the background, and a white flag (accepting surrender) with the words "Does this count?" scribbled on it. You get the point.

For now, of course, this badge is accepted.

*Edit

Wait, how do you put the badge onto the thread without it being oversize?

You want all that on a badge no more that about 100 pixels high? Maybe if you mocked up something (even if you only use paint or something), it would give me an idea of what you want.

Do you mean 'how did I make a big version a bit smaller?'. You can resize images inserted into the post using the corner grips.

10 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Also, hey @killakrust, can you mash up your badge for this is with Duna Elcano style?

Do you mean you want it to look more like the Elcano Challenge badges?

8 hours ago, 073198681 said:

That was awesome. However, you forgot to cut the parachute and drop several hundred meters to the surface. That was the point of the challenge

Whoops. Sorry, misread and though container air deploy was the point. I did cut ONE chute, but still had three attached of course :) 

No promises, but I may have had a perfect entry with a non powered descent from Duna's orbital speed and an impact velocity of 109 m/s or so.

Video it might be coming soon. And I may or may not have started driving for the Elcano, though I won't finish that "Now". I still have Tylo and Dres to finish, but I'll get around to the Red Ball soon. Get it? "I'll 'get around' to it?!" Lolz.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.