[1.1.3] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em - v1.2.5 July 3

OtherBarry

First, the Utilization slider comes from Real Fuels. Second, it sounds like perhaps the stock-fuels Proc Parts is set up so a tank will hold fewer units of liquid fuel than oxidizer. That may deserve revisiting now that the Mk1 fuselage tank holds the same mass of LF as the FL-T400 holds of LF-OX (remember that in earlier KSP versions, LF-only tanks held less than you'd think they should).

I see. Thank you Nathan. I can deal with it for now seeing is how this is just practice. But when I do switch over to RSS/RO with the works can I expect more realistic behavior in the fuel tank sizing when building in such a way?

Edited by Motokid600

7 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Is anyone else getting exceptions on start up, after installing Blizzy's Toolbar? Never had an exception until I installed the toolbar. I'm asking over there as well.

screenshot1_zpsf9oar6tn.png~original

Don't know if toolbar has something to do with this but it might be the same problem described previously in this post:

On 12.12.2015 at 0:26 PM, Aivoh said:

Apologies busy week with the holidays and all.

Did a clean Install with only the Procedural Parts 1.1.9 and module manager 2.6.13.

The errors still appear after module manager runs when part loader begins.

KSP.LOG

http://pastebin.com/L9pLnj2H or http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=26178832206776032799

output_log.txt

http://pastebin.com/DJKL5PKy or http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=32654992331759420094

Hope this helps.

Thank you

I'm aware of it and will investigate. But it seems to be harmless.

1 minute ago, RadarManFromTheMoon said:

Don't know if toolbar has something to do with this but it might be the same problem described previously in this post:

I'm aware of it and will investigate. But it seems to be harmless.

Ah.... Looks similar. I will just ignore it for now then. Just figured with over 80+ mods on my primary install and never getting an exception. This was worth mentioning.

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble with procedural parts in career mode, its limiting the fuel tank size to weird sizes (like 1.309m) and the bar constantly stutters when i try to change it making it near impossible to use, i checked and this only happens in career mode as well, any ideas?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

On 24.12.2015 at 11:37 AM, TheDavinator said:

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble with procedural parts in career mode, its limiting the fuel tank size to weird sizes (like 1.309m) and the bar constantly stutters when i try to change it making it near impossible to use, i checked and this only happens in career mode as well, any ideas?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

In career mode (and science mode) part dimensions are limited by three factors: length, diameter and volume. Therefore it might be impossible to scale the parts diameter to the next full step because length or volume are at the limit. To build bigger tanks you will need to proceed in the tech-tree.

On 12/27/2015 at 8:14 PM, TheDavinator said:

Thanks RadarMan, that makes sense I guess, do the limits increase as I research rocketry nodes then? And also where in my directory does the mycheats.cfg go? It didnt seem to do anything for me.

Not sure about the mycheats.cfg, however you can learn when the part changes will happen by looking at the .cfg files for each specific part. You can also remove these limitations, or change them to fit your playstyle by just removing a few lines from the config files themselves. For example, under the Parts/Structural tab you can find the configs for heatshields, nosecones, decouplers, and the structural piece. If you open any of these it shows the node needed to unlock (in descending order until you hit infinity) the next ability/size-range of the part. You can change all of these to give you full freedom from the start by changing TechRequired = *Current* to TechRequired = start, however if you don't do it for each node, the technology may relock itself after hitting the next node (where the next upgrade would come from).

There's more you can do, but that's the quickest way of finding out "where" to invest your science if you want your decoupler to be able to be a stack-separator, or you want bigger tanks. 

Is there a way to set the starting value of a tank content, ie 100 max but start with 0? I made a config on the Ore tank to hold TAC supplies, but I always find my tanks full of waste etc, would like this to start out at 0 instead of max value. On normal containers there is a value/maxvalue, but will this work on ProcParts cfg?

19 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

Is there a way to set the starting value of a tank content, ie 100 max but start with 0? I made a config on the Ore tank to hold TAC supplies, but I always find my tanks full of waste etc, would like this to start out at 0 instead of max value. On normal containers there is a value/maxvalue, but will this work on ProcParts cfg?

There is a "proceduralTankTAC" supplied by PP (under the "Procedural Parts/Parts/ZOtherMods" directory). I think it will help you as a template if you want to roll your own TAC tanks.

2 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

Just asking a quick question, why do my tanks always start out at 1.562 meters? I use CKAN if that does anything. Also how would I change it so it changes 0.125m at a time instead of 0.1m for the smaller diameter change.

Do you have 64k?  There's a patch doing odd things to procedurals in 64k...

5 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

Ah, yes I do. Where can I get rid of it?

It's 64k/Compatibility/ProcParts-SizeLims.cfg.  I think it's ok to delete the entire file but not 100% sure.

Edited by blowfish

I don't know why but procedural tanks cause a pretty bad FPS issue for me. When i use 10m+ tanks (Lenght) my FPS drops to 12.5 FPS. But with same part count rocket without the PTanks, the game works at 60 FPS. There are no exceptions in the debug menu. Anyone know a solution for this because i need those big rockets and im using 64k :)

32 minutes ago, bradleyjh said:

It would be really cool to see "procedural remote guidance units" along side the procedural command modules, I love how I can make almost the entire ship the same texture but as soon as I want to fly remotely that is ruined with the ugly grey stock units :P

I have made some work on "procedural remote guidance units":

https://www.dropbox.com/s/crpyi0wfflsuh9e/PP_SAS.ZIP?dl=0

On 16 January 2016 at 11:26 AM, Kolago said:

I have made some work on "procedural remote guidance units":

https://www.dropbox.com/s/crpyi0wfflsuh9e/PP_SAS.ZIP?dl=0

That was quick, this is essentially what I was wanting, perhaps you would only need one SAS though, and the torque/power requirements would be adjusted depending on the size (diameter, length) you pick, rather than having multiple units?

Currently I can't adjust the length or diameter, I can but nothing actually happens, additionally there's a pretty big gap between the parts its attached to on each side. I'd really love to see a part like this become part of PP, really cool stuff!

21 hours ago, bradleyjh said:

That was quick, this is essentially what I was wanting, perhaps you would only need one SAS though, and the torque/power requirements would be adjusted depending on the size (diameter, length) you pick, rather than having multiple units?

Currently I can't adjust the length or diameter, I can but nothing actually happens, additionally there's a pretty big gap between the parts its attached to on each side. I'd really love to see a part like this become part of PP, really cool stuff!

Yea, this is made only via configs. So I have limited the minimum volume depending on SAS power. I like to see this as a integrated PP module as much as you. But I am not able to code this for PP in the moment because my knowledge off unity and KSP-coding is very limited.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.