[1.4.*] [2.5.3] (2018-04-06) UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued

girka2k

The OP says quite clear Engines are a BIG NO GO, this is still persistent.

Engines are broken since the first version of welding, anyone who got it working had just pure luck.

It is a pretty difficult and as it seems to Change with each gameversion, it makes it even more complicated.

Never used multiple engines with fairings and never had an issue with any engine welded in .90, Really strange. I did discover last night that you definately don't want to weld a LVN to a tank or heatsink. It actually causes the heat to increase much higher then without the heatsink. Oh well, I'm good with creating the pods and adding the engine after the weld.

Keep up the great work!!!

Is there a known reason some mod parts (from Near Future Construction) are not retaining their Tweakscale scale in the weldment?

EDIT: I just realized I personally added the TweakScale module to these parts via a MM.cfg. Would that be why?

That is a very good guess. We pull the infos from the config not from the live state.

Hello. Does this work with decouplers and fuel lines and tweakscaled fuel tanks? I want to make an entire lifter stage, weld it together and put engines on the bottom.

Fuellines are not required, as the part will become one big advanced tank. Tweakscale, better try it with simple construction first. About the decoupler, hmm good question, it should work, but not 200%.

Fuellines are not required, as the part will become one big advanced tank. Tweakscale, better try it with simple construction first. About the decoupler, hmm good question, it should work, but not 200%.

If it's all one big fuel tank, then the engines draw from all fuel tanks simultaneously instead of following the radial-first rule?

If it's all one big fuel tank, then the engines draw from all fuel tanks simultaneously instead of following the radial-first rule?

Fuel flow is like before with stock, just that the weldment is a new part and Needs no internal fuellines.

if you weld one rocket tank with sas tank and stack decoupler that is one new part, an advanced tank. If you then attach with radial decouplers the same part again, you need the fuellines like before.

What I meant was that if I welded a central 'advanced tank', four radial decouplers and boosters on those decouplers all together, with fuel lines running inwards, will fuel drain from the radial boosters first? Will the decouplers detach the radial boosters despite being welded together?

Guest Space Cowboy
... better try it with simple construction first...

He just answered 99% of the questions so far with this phrase.

What I meant was that if I welded a central 'advanced tank', four radial decouplers and boosters on those decouplers all together, with fuel lines running inwards, will fuel drain from the radial boosters first? Will the decouplers detach the radial boosters despite being welded together?

Oh welding radial decouplers, sounds not so good, you can try but I would not suggest it.

Weld the central stage and weld the boosters but seperate from each other, then build them together like normal.

Oh welding radial decouplers, sounds not so good, you can try but I would not suggest it.

Weld the central stage and weld the boosters but seperate from each other, then build them together like normal.

But... but... I wanted a ONE PART LIFTER STAGE! :confused:

Ummm, so I loaded and welded together some parts, how do I save it?

What do you mean? normally after the welding you get a window with a lot of information where you can enter name, title, tech and (if needed vesseltype) and can then save it.

I'm afraid a two part lifter stage is the best you can achieve.

in theory, he can weld a single part lifter.

the only rule he has to follow is: no batteries together with engines with alternator.

of course, that thing can only fly single staged to space, but that's better than nothing. additionally, the part welding mod in 0.90 is not happy with several rocket motors and refuses to produce the proper particles for every engine. so the engines will glow, but that's it.

What do you mean? normally after the welding you get a window with a lot of information where you can enter name, title, tech and (if needed vesseltype) and can then save it.

I wasn't getting that window.

I'm not sure yet if it was what I was trying to weld or a missing directory. The Parts directory is not there, I manually created it.

I just tried a simple weld, and it worked. I'm going to try the complicated on again, this will show me whether it was what I was trying to weld or the missing directory.

Edit: Ok, it must have been the parts. When I clicked weld, it put a pink glow on all the parts, so I assume that means something is wrong.

Sorry for the false alarm. But it might make sense to either put a popup saying there was an error, or even saying what the error is if something doesn't work

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I'm not sure yet if it was what I was trying to weld or a missing directory. The Parts directory is not there, I manually created it.

I just tried a simple weld, and it worked. I'm going to try the complicated on again, this will show me whether it was what I was trying to weld or the missing directory.

Edit: Ok, it must have been the parts. When I clicked weld, it put a pink glow on all the parts, so I assume that means something is wrong.

Sorry for the false alarm. But it might make sense to either put a popup saying there was an error, or even saying what the error is if something doesn't work

Please enable the advanced debugging in the Settings and post the Log of the welding try.

The Pink part highlighting just shows the parts included in the weldment, as visual feedback.

I had this problem with 2.1.2 version of the plugin, now with 2.1.3 all work fine, are you sure you have the last version ?

I had this problem with 2.1.2 version of the plugin, now with 2.1.3 all work fine, are you sure you have the last version ?

that's very interesting.

The file I downloaded was:

UbioWeldContinued-2.1.3.zip

Yet when I looked at the UbioWeldingLtd.version, it said 2.1.2

But the changelog said 2.1.3, 5/27/2015

- - - Updated - - -

Please enable the advanced debugging in the Settings and post the Log of the welding try.

The Pink part highlighting just shows the parts included in the weldment, as visual feedback.

Ok.

Here is a link to the log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzid7e3pW1k7VkRleDZGR3ZIZVU/view?usp=sharing

I also have a craft file in there, this was the subassembly I was adding to a single girder and trying to weld together

I realized that the assembly I'm trying to weld contains (among other things):

7 animated antennas

4 Infernal Robotics joints

2 Infernal Robotics extension arms

2 ant engines

So before you jump all over me, I do realize that this is actually not a good item to weld. But, it may have shown an error, see below:

I think what you are looking for is this fragment of the log:

[LOG 18:36:26.529] [WeldingTool] | MuMechToggle - newValue - presetPositionsSerialized = 0

[EXC 18:36:26.530] FormatException: Unknown char: |

System.Double.Parse (System.String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider)

System.Single.Parse (System.String s)

UbioWeldingLtd.ModuleMerger.mergeModuleFloatValues (System.String newModuleName, .ConfigNode newModule, .ConfigNode existingNewModule, System.String ModuleAttribute, Boolean advancedDebugging)

UbioWeldingLtd.ModuleMerger.mergeModuleAttributes (System.String newModuleName, .ConfigNode newModule, .ConfigNode existingNewModule, Boolean advancedDebugging)

UbioWeldingLtd.ModuleMerger.mergeModules (System.String partname, .UrlConfig configuration, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 modulelist, Boolean advancedDebugging)

UbioWeldingLtd.Welder.weldThisPart (.Part newpart)

UbioWeldingLtd.UbioZurWeldingLtd.weldPart (.Part partToWeld)

UbioWeldingLtd.UbioZurWeldingLtd.OnMainWindow (Int32 windowID)

UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

[LOG 18:36:31.467] saved

[LOG 18:36:31.467] Saving FAR Data

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Hmmm that looks like there is something that is not matching the datatype, or the value is empty.

But as this is part of IR best guess is to remove this part. Welding IR is even breaking their function.

Remove the parts you have already listed above and the welding should work flawless.

Hmmm that looks like there is something that is not matching the datatype, or the value is empty.

But as this is part of IR best guess is to remove this part. Welding IR is even breaking their function.

Remove the parts you have already listed above and the welding should work flawless.

I did, and it did.

The only point I'm making is that when something fails, a popup saying that it failed, and, if possible, giving a clue to what was wrong would be nice.

thanks

I did, and it did.

The only point I'm making is that when something fails, a popup saying that it failed, and, if possible, giving a clue to what was wrong would be nice.

thanks

Hmmm I will see what is possible.