[1.4.*] [2.5.3] (2018-04-06) UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued

girka2k

excuse me, I tried ubioweld from the given link, all of the dependencies are there and file structure is there. but when i run ksp (this is a install with no other mods) an error message saying unsupported version pops up from ubioweld, asking me to use 1.8. After that, main menu buttons dont work. I tried clearing input locks and reloading the database, didnt work. Any help?

After a complete reinstall, the error message is gone but the main menu buttons still dont work. Tried the same fixes as before,  that didnt work.

Edited by KspNoobUsernameTaken
Clarification

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, guys...

Since last year, I made a lot of changes on a thingy called KSPe, fixing bugs and getting rid of clutter.  And so I remembered this thread and thought it would be a good idea to publish the thing recompiled against the latest KSPe to keep this thing ongoing without a fuss.

There's really anything new on this release, only a recompile against the latest KSPe to ensure future compatibility.

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/UbioWeldContinuum/releases/

As usual, keep in mind that this thing doesn't works with Module Manager (Forum), and so I suggest that you use this on a dedicated KSP installation and then do your main playing on another one using Module Manager (Forum), unless you have reasons to use my fork (there're a few, but nothing that one should consider really necessary).

Everything I do supports both versions (Forum and my fork), so you really will not lose too much on sticking on Forum's one if you prefer it.

@KspNoobUsernameTaken I think that perhaps this will solve your issue?

— — POST EDIT — — 

ClickTroughBlocker is automatically detected and used by KSPe.UI (used by the WeldingTool)  if present. It's not a hard dependency.

Toolbar Controller is not needed, KSPe.UI handles the Toolbar itself (with some interesting features added). But it doesn't hurt to have it installed, they coexist together.

Edited by Lisias
post edit

3 hours ago, Lisias said:

Hi, guys...

Since last year, I made a lot of changes on a thingy called KSPe, fixing bugs and getting rid of clutter.  And so I remembered this thread and though it would be a good idea to publish the thing recompiled against the latest KSPe to keep this thing ongoing without a fuss.

There's really anything new on this release, only a recompile against the latest KSPe to ensure future compatibility.

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/UbioWeldContinuum/releases/tag/RELEASE%2F2.6.0.10

As usual, keep in mind that this thing doesn't works with Module Manager (Forum), and so I suggest that you use this on a dedicated KSP installation and then do your main playing on another one using Module Manager (Forum), unless you have reasons to use my fork (there're a few, but nothing that one should consider really necessary).

Everything I do supports both versions (Forum and my fork), so you really will not lose too much on sticking on Forum's one if you prefer it.

@KspNoobUsernameTaken I think that perhaps this will solve your issue?

Your timing is impeccable.  I was just needing one for my iss build... I hope this fork will work with free iva?

47 minutes ago, Sampa said:

Your timing is impeccable.  I was just needing one for my iss build... I hope this fork will work with free iva?

Unlikely. The welding tool (as me) knows squat about FreeIva, if it work it will be by accident! :P

I really don't know how FteeIVA works, so I don't know what to expect.

What I can say is the the local coordinates from the meshes will be translated due the new Origin, and so anything relying on them will need to be manually updated. There's also the risk of collisions on the collider's names (I'm guessing FreeIVA knows how to move a Kerbal inside the IVA by using a named collider for reference) and, again, some manual editing may be necessary.

5 hours ago, Sampa said:

hey Lisias, where should the Welded parts be showing up after telling it to weld?

Look for them in the <KSP_ROOT>/__LOCAL/net.lisias.ksp/UbioWeldingLtd/ .

There's a small add'on pretty handy, called PartInfo. It shows technical details from the Part on the Part's Palette (or Menu) on the Editor, the directory where the config file is between them. I recommend using it while Welding!

• 2 weeks later...

@Lisias 

So, i downloaded your version of this mod (UbioWeldContinuum), as instructed a few posts ago. That caused the problems i mentioned above. But are you saying that this version of the mod (the one from this thread) works for 1.12? if so, could i get it with CKAN?

I am really sorry if I messed up somewhere, this is only my second post on the forum.

4 hours ago, KspNoobUsernameTaken said:

@Lisias 

So, i downloaded your version of this mod (UbioWeldContinuum), as instructed a few posts ago. That caused the problems i mentioned above. But are you saying that this version of the mod (the one from this thread) works for 1.12? if so, could i get it with CKAN?

I am really sorry if I messed up somewhere, this is only my second post on the forum.

The Welding tool was only really tested with parts without VARIANTS (that thingy on KSP that allows you to switch features on a part), and most of the parts on KSP 1.12 have this thing (if you can change color, size, etc, the part has that VARIANT thingy).

That said, the thing will run at least - it will weld such parts pretty badly, but it will run - at least, it's running on my 1.12.5 test bed right now, I just welded two trusses. But, since the tool doesn't works to every part on KSP 1.12 (and since I'm just keeping the thing alive, without any development), this thing will not be available on CKAN - unless someone else decides to proper maintain the thing (what I'm not doing).

What you are telling me suggests that there's something on your GameData triggering the infamous Assembly Loader/Resolver bug on KSP - it's a bug that prevents anything that loads a DLL or use a thingy called Reflection from working once someone triggers it, and this affects a lot of add'ons.

I suggest you to publish your KSP.log on dropbox or something and then post the link here. I will inspect your KSP.log and will diagnose the problem on your rig,

In time, since my unofficial fork of UbioWeld needs my fork of MMyou should not use CKAN on this instalment. If you are using CKAN, you should follow CKAN rules, and the MM published on CKAN doesn't works with Ubioweld (the original, neither my unofficial fork). My advise is to maintain a secondary KSP installation for Ubioweld, its dependencies and the things you want to weld, and then copy the welded parts into your CKAN managed installation for playing.

Edited by Lisias
Tyops, as usulla

3 hours ago, KspNoobUsernameTaken said:

So what you want me to do is- no CKAN, use ubioweld, put the ksp.log on dropbox or similar and paste the link here?

Yes. It's not a good idea shoving experimental/unofficial forks of something that CKAN handles. Speaking frankly, CKAN is already prone to borkage on updates if you do everything by (their) book, replacing CKAN managed packages with "alien" ones is a certain path to disaster, unless you really know what you are doing - but, then, you would be probably handling your GameData without CKAN...

here is the ksp.log for version 1.12.5, no CKAN

Spoiler

mods are ubio weld continued version 2.5.3, and LoadingVSyncDisabler

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Stf_Okl_plZdauYf7Zb2O2_1fssde6Sg/view?usp=sharing

I also set ubioweld to auto reload the game database on making a weldment

It loaded a craft with welded engines, and one part which has a variant. worked perfectly for structural parts.

with the engines, upon staging them, the game crashed

Here is the ksp.log for 1.12.5, ubioweld continuum

Spoiler

i couldnt find the versions of the mods, so here is a copy of my gamedata folder, without the Squad folder in it

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11OUOr4KW11PiqRNwQC3lzlxeOZ5Sn1rQ?usp=sharing

the ksp.log is below

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CRyg_jk8XdI6NVI_DGWfaqYseuqp5PrL/view?usp=sharing

also, i forgot how fast ksp loads without part mods lol

Clarification

On 7/17/2023 at 12:54 AM, KspNoobUsernameTaken said:

here is the ksp.log for version 1.12.5, no CKAN

Frankly, using the original is a lost battle. Too many changes on too many places, I don't even remember anymore the changes I did! :)

Here is the ksp.log for 1.12.5, ubioweld continuum

Found nothing obvious. Other than an annoying log spam that I'm fixing now, I didn't found any Exceptions or visible evidences of misbehaviours.

Your log looks similar to mine, and the thing works on mine. I'm digging in your log to see what I get, I will edit this post as I find something (or not!)

also, i forgot how fast ksp loads without part mods lol

Do you know something that will help even more? Try this.

— — POST EDIT — — 

You don't need LoadingVSyncDisabler when MM /L is installed. My fork handles this way better that it, by the way, as it ensures restoring the user settings before loading the Main Menu.

At least the last time I checked, KSP applies the user Settings before starting Loading things, and then only if the user changes something. LoadingVSyncDisabler  only disables the VSync without restoring it later.

Edited by Lisias
POST EDIT.

@Lisias

Oops sorry, i thought i provided clarification before

Both versions of ubioweld worked this time round. The problem with the old version was that upon staging welded engines, the game crashed.

Your version was pretty impeccable. Avoiding part variants, which is easy with my normal mods, isnt a big deal.

The only change i made on this test was leaving out click through blocker.

I am almost certainly going to be including your fork of ubioweld in all further ksp installations. Thanks for the help.

6 hours ago, KspNoobUsernameTaken said:

Oops sorry, i thought i provided clarification before

Whoops…  Too much debugging and too few playing on my part, it appears!!! :sticktongue:

Both versions of ubioweld worked this time round. The problem with the old version was that upon staging welded engines, the game crashed.

I don't remember this one, it should be some small mistake that I fixed "by accident" while updating my fork. A lot of problems on the add'on scene are not exactly "bugs", mas small mishaps on doing the "right thing" on the "wrong time" (os just don't doing it).

The only change i made on this test was leaving out click through blocker.

Humm… You make me remind of something - I made a library, that I call KSPe, that allows me to automatically use CTB on my toys: if CTB is installed, it's used, otherwise it's not and no problems happens (other than not having your clicks blocked by the focused window). If CTB was updated in a way that breaks legacy, then it will break KSPe, that so will break my toys… 

I will investigate it.

I am almost certainly going to be including your fork of ubioweld in all further ksp installations. Thanks for the help.

There's a trick posted somewhere in the past where you tell Ubioweld to just ignore (and rip off) the ModulePartVariant. I really don't understand why I didn't included it on the distribution…

Anyway, I'm going to publish a new release somewhere in the near future (after investigating the CTB issue) with it included, but until there you can download this file and replace the one in <KSP_ROOT>/GameData/net.lisias.ksp/UbioWeldingLtd/PluginData/.

• 1 month later...

Hi, guys.

I made a new release, 2.6.0.11, that again is essentially equal to the last one except by a little change telling the Weld Tool to ignore the ModulePartVariants, as I explained here. I still didn't investigated the CTB issue, but since any eventual fix will need to be done on KSPe, there's no need to postpone this one again.

Other than updating the Modules Definition files, changing the dependencies to a All Batteries Included package and stating that I finally tested the damned thing on KSP 1.12.5 without creating an Armageddon, there's really nothing worthing an update on this one - if things are working for you right now, don't bother changing anything.

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/UbioWeldContinuum/releases/tag/RELEASE%2F2.6.0.11

10 hours ago, Natso said:

Please update for 1.12.5

I think this release will help, as it make easier to use this on KSP 1.12.x . 

Keep in mind, however, that my fork is still an Unofficial one - due some legal restrictions I'm subject to, I need formal transfer of rights from the current Owner (not merely the last licensee) in order to really adopt this thing (sorry, really, but dura lex, sed lex.

Edited by Lisias
new (unofficial) release

On 9/3/2023 at 9:24 PM, Lisias said:

Hi, guys.

I made a new release, 2.6.0.11, that again is essentially equal to the last one except by a little change telling the Weld Tool to ignore the ModulePartVariants, as I explained here. I still didn't investigated the CTB issue, but since any eventual fix will need to be done on KSPe, there's no need to postpone this one again.

Other than updating the Modules Definition files, changing the dependencies to a All Batteries Included package and stating that I finally tested the damned thing on KSP 1.12.5 without creating an Armageddon, there's really nothing worthing an update on this one - if things are working for you right now, don't bother changing anything.

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/UbioWeldContinuum/releases/tag/RELEASE%2F2.6.0.11

I think this release will help, as it make easier to use this on KSP 1.12.x . 

Keep in mind, however, that my fork is still an Unofficial one - due some legal restrictions I'm subject to, I need formal transfer of rights from the current Owner (not merely the last licensee) in order to really adopt this thing (sorry, really, but dura lex, sed lex.

I'm confused about modular management what am I suppose to install and do I need to use a different module manager in the modular management download. what do I install. the modular management download folder is full of things and I dont know how to install or what to install for this mod to work. please help!

53 minutes ago, Mutantbard64 said:

I'm confused about modular management what am I suppose to install and do I need to use a different module manager in the modular management download. what do I install. the modular management download folder is full of things and I dont know how to install or what to install for this mod to work. please help!

For reasons beyond the scope of this discussion, something happened in the past that made Forum Module Manager incompatible with the Welding Tool. TL;DR, I gave up and forked MM for my own use. Other tools were created to help keeping your KSP healthy using knowledge I gathered while doing Support around here, having them installed will prevent more than 80% of the issues that used to plague KSP in the past.

This is the reason I advise to have a special KSP installation for welding things, as you need to have my MM Fork installed in order to use the Welding tool, as most authors around here will not support you if you use my fork of MM (obviously, I do).

Additionally, I use a toolset that help me on maintaining homogeneity on my development, it's the KSPe thingy.

Some people suggested me to create a All Batteries included package to make first installers life easy, it's the Modular Management thingy - it have all he startup add'ons you need.

Installing the thing could not be easier (as long you know who to copy files on your Operating System!): whatever is inside the GameData on the zip file, should be copied inside the GameData of your KSP. Remove the Forum's MM if you have it installed on that GameData (again, it's advised to use a dedicated KSP for welding, so your main gaming one will be supported by all authors on this Forum - I will support you both ways, but I don't provide you with all the add'ons you need, so…)

This file and this file give you hints about how your GameData should look after installing things.

The following videos may help you if you need to learn how to unzip things on Windows (the most used O.S. around here, there're similar videos for MacOS and Linux if you need them), as well how to copy files from a place to another.

Again, I strongly suggest you make a full copy of your gaming KSP and try things with it first - do not mangle with your main KSP until you are able to install and remove things with successor you will ruin your KSP!!! Use a copy as guinea pig while you learn your way.

I strongly suggest you unzip the distribution files on a temp directory, and then copy the respective GameData contents to inside your KSP's GameData. Remember, you need to copy the Zip's GameData contents to your KSP's GameData, not the thing itself (i.e., you don't want a GameData inside the game's GameData directory).

Edited by Lisias
Hit Save too soon.

19 minutes ago, Lisias said:

For reasons beyond the scope of this discussion, something happened in the past that made Forum Module Manager incompatible with the Welding Tool. TL;DR, I gave up and forked MM for my own use. Other tools were created to help keeping your KSP healthy using knowledge I gathered while doing Support around here, having them installed will prevent more than 80% of the issues that used to plague KSP in the past.

This is the reason I advise to have a special KSP installation for welding things, as you need to have my MM Fork installed in order to use the Welding tool, as most authors around here will not support you if you use my fork of MM (obviously, I do).

Additionally, I use a toolset that help me on maintaining homogeneity on my development, it's the KSPe thingy.

Some people suggested me to create a All Batteries included package to make first installers life easy, it's the Modular Management thingy - it have all he startup add'ons you need.

Installing the thing could not be easier (as long you know who to copy files on your Operating System!): whatever is inside the GameData on the zip file, should be copied inside the GameData of your KSP. Remove the Forum's MM if you have it installed on that GameData (again, it's advised to use a dedicated KSP for welding, so your main gaming one will be supported by all authors on this Forum - I will support you both ways, but I don't provide you with all the add'ons you need, so…)

This file and this file give you hints about how your GameData should look after installing things.

The following videos may help you if you need to learn how to unzip things on Windows (the most used O.S. around here, there're similar videos for MacOS and Linux if you need them), as well how to copy files from a place to another.

Again, I strongly suggest you make a full copy of your gaming KSP and try things with it first - do not mangle with your main KSP until you are able to install and remove things with successor you will ruin your KSP!!! Use a copy as guinea pig while you learn your way.

I strongly suggest you unzip the distribution files on a temp directory, and then copy the respective GameData contents to inside your KSP's GameData. Remember, you need to copy the Zip's GameData contents to your KSP's GameData, not the thing itself (i.e., you don't want a GameData inside the game's GameData directory).

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2023 at 1:40 PM, KranSmith said:

https://kerbalx.com/Kerbalyst/Kyphoon , 

This craft file uses " UbioZur Welding Ltd " to weld the ship, but I have no way to install it. Does the author have any way?

You don't need to have the Weld Tool installed to **use** the parts welded, but you need to have the welded parts installed on your rig - with or without the Weld Tool installed, you would not be able to load the craft without the welded parts installed on your rig too.

You need to reach the craft's author and ask for a copy of the part configs created by the Weld Tool used on the craft. Hey are ordinary part configs created by the tool, so no copyrighted assets are involved. You will need, obviously, to have the original part sets installed too (exactly because of the assets)

Edited by Lisias
tyops! tyops! tyops everywhere!

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, 1something said:

It seems like the latest release's dependency, Modular Management, does not exist?

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/ModularManagement/releases // Shows 'Page Not Found'

Weird! Both links just worked fine to me!