Which of the "new" gizmos do you use most?

Which of the new gizmos do you use most?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the new gizmos do you use most?

• Rotation
    • Offset
    • Re-root
    • All about the same
    • None

0.90 is out long enough to ask you this easy question:

Which of the new gizmos do you use most?

For me it´s the offset, because I often still use WASDQE for rotation, and I don´t need re-root too often.

What about you?

Rotation (sometimes you want to rotate a part without moving it) and changing root part (saves you continually rebuilding your plane from scratch if you are working on something like Spaceship Two) are occasionally useful, but offset is useful every time you build a plane (to make up for the lack of bigger landing gear)

Definitely offset. I try not to get too cheaty with it, but I do enjoy making streamlined/realistic looking rockets so it has helped me to hide eyesores (and I suppose realistically things that would be inside the space craft), such as batteries.

Edited by forenci

I use the "Place" gizmo the most ;P

After than, I basically use them in order - Offset most often (I like everything being aligned to a precise grid), followed by Rotate (I still find it easier to do 90-degree rotations with the WASD keys), and then Re-root least (because it scares me).

Definitely offset. I usually rotate parts with the keyboard, and occasionally use re-root when I'm messing around with sub-assemblies, but offset allows me to do all sorts of neat stuff that wasn't previously possible. With clever use of cubic octagonal struts and the offset tool, almost any part can be attached radially!

I use the rotation and offset the same, but I only use the re root tool for rockets bigger than the vab (Real sized Saturn V, Skylon that is bigger than the space plane part, space elevator).

Edited by LABHOUSE

I use offset the most, rotation occasionally. Re-root not often, but when I do use it I'm mighty glad it's there - makes stuff like building a rover to fit inside a cargo bay massively easier when you don't have to start building at the docking port.

I use the offset gizmo a lot, but in terms of pure thank-you-that-it's-stock value has to be re-root. It makes subassemblies so much easier.

I would use re-root, but I don' know how it works and no one wants to explain it, mainly because it's assumed people using that already used a mod that did th same thing prior to 0.90, and knows how it works. Even the only video tutorial about it just compares it to the mod and that's it.

Well, the way I use it is:

- Select root gizmo.

- Click a part that's directly attached to the part I want to become root.

- Click the part I want to become root.

- Click again so I don't move the entire craft around.

Offset mostly. I use re-root quite a bit if I decide to tweak a ship and need to add something close to the original root part. Sometimes it is easier to set another root part for a while during the "new versioning" (putting something on that was originally forgotten by stupid me) phase of building....

Haven't even touched planes yet, still all occupied with rockets

and as i just stretched out to Duna, i don't really need any of the new tools.

Being still a newbie it's less frightning not using everything at your disposal :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.