[WIP] KopernicusTech - An integration attempt between Kopernicus and KittopiaTech (v0.13 - 03/26/15)

Gravitasi

Failure. Don't want to do anything right now, v bored of code, so if you want have the kludgey code.

@Kopernicus

}
Body
{
name = Chev
flightGlobalsIndex = 700
Orbit
{
referenceBody = Dres
color = 0.823529,0.705882,0.54902,1
inclination = 0.3
eccentricity = 0.04
semiMajorAxis = 15306193
longitudeOfAscendingNode = 55
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 1.1
epoch = 1343.91
}
Template
{
name = Dres
}
Properties
{
radius = 90000
geeASL = 0.08
mass = 1.7191322e+22
description = The Twin of Dres. Wow... yawn. ScienceValues {
landedDataValue = 130
splashedDataValue = 1
flyingLowDataValue = 56
flyingHighDataValue = 45
inSpaceLowDataValue = 92
inSpaceHighDataValue = 79
recoveryValue = 7
} } ScaledVersion } Material
{
texture = KittopiaSpace/Textures/Chev_Map
normals = KittopiaSpace/Textures/Chev_Norm } } }

PlanetChev
{

AdditionalData
{

Stock = False
AddAtmoFx = False

AtmoWaveColour = RGBA(0.927, 0.804, 0.668, 0.0)

AddOceanFx = False

OceanLoadTextures = False

UnlitOcean = False

ModScaledAtmoShader = False

AddRings = False

AddParticles = False

DisableOrbitRenderer = False
}
PQS
{
PQSMod_VertexHeightMap
{
heightMapOffset = 0
heightMapDeformity = 1800 heightMap = GameData/KittopiaSpace/Textures/Chev_Height.png }
} PQSMod_VertexColorMap } modEnabled = True
vertexColorMap = GameData/KittopiaSpace/Textures/Chev_Map.png
blend = 1.0
order = 9999993
}
}
}

Edited by Tangle

... After thinking about this for the day, investigating a few things I think the way forward for me, and for a lot of people, is for me to write a compiler for PlanetFactory configs. This should satisfy the author's assumed desire not to have other people taking over their stuff and it should make transitioning to this mod much easier for the users.

I think it should be possible to borrow PF code to read in the existing configs, then filter the configs against the game as it exists today, discarding all obsolete fields, ineffective settings, then generate MM configs for Kopernicus... So what I needs from youse is a recipe for a "well formatted" Kopernicus config, basically documentation, so that I can make sure my code generates the cleanest configs possible.

Hehe... Do you think he may like a come friend with a trail that could "bring news" from the inner planets? Also, what do you think about cracks in the surface on an ice moon with water on their bottom and thin white atmosphere?

If you could fit this into Kopernicus -

ScaledExport

{

templateName=Minmus

mapWidth=2048

maxHeight=4000

hasOcean=false

oceanHeight=0.0

exportBin=True

removeAlpha=False

}

I think that is what Planet Factory uses to export maps and bin files - something KopernicusTech doesn't do very well...

Can anyone explain to me how to put code into a box - I figured out pics from Imgur, but not the code box yet...

Update on my progress - I added a few PQS_mods to my planet's Kittopia file and I changed the colour of my map. Its looking kind of nice, I think.

QFgHsD9.png

Once I'm happy with the terrain, I'll take it into another copy of the game where I have Planet Factory installed, change the codes to suit Planet Factory configuration, then make a new set of maps and a .bin file, and then re-paste these back into the copy of the game where I have Kopernicus installed. A bit of a mission, but I think it is the best way to to do it for now.

The ScaledVersion node is opened the wrong way, it has to be a { instead of a } ;)

Thanks. If I keep that up, dear god is any of my code going to suck in the future.

Edit: Still doesn't work. Oh well!

Edited by Tangle

Does anyone know how to make stars? I am working on an Interstellar pack and:

I overlayed a black hole over Sun.

Made a solar system with 1 gas giant and a planet, the solar system currently has no working star.

Also, it seems that the Stanfix is still not working. The star effects just appear for a few seconds and fade away during zooming.

ok so i have a problem with my New Horizons mod.

it works perfectly, except people have been saying that ships dissapear from around kerbins orbit upon quitting the game. I tested and launched a load of ships with hyperedit into set intervals and they all dissapeared. It seems the game loaded the ships around Sonnah, Kerbin's parent gas giant, instead of kerbin. The only ships to survive was the only one with a SMA outside of Sonnah's atmosphere and it spawned in orbit around Sonnah, not kerbin.

So far i have only noticed this on ships orbiting Kerbin, and none of the other 30-odd bodies in my mod.

Anyone have any thoughts on why this is happening? any solutions?

Strange... Well that's what happens when you mess with Kerbin... You get the "asta la Vista ship"...

Also, Is Kerbin around a Gas giant? If so, that may be the problem... Many years Kerbin was hard-coded to be the parent body, and now we try to make it a moon... Not good, really not good...

On the other hand, upon a user request on Reddit, I started doing an "real life extrasolar systems. So far I've o ly replaced Kerbol with a black hole and added a star system around the new black hole, called, like in real life, Muses. It currently has only 1 gas giant and one planet orbiting a star.

Oh my god, I am so hyped up that I just downloaded the new Kopernicus on my tablet... BTW, it's midnight here... Can't wait... I've also noticed that we can even create rings and stars with working custom coronal in the latest down loadable version! This will be very helpful for me, since I'm already working on an extrasolar planet pack. Entire solar systems inspired by real life exo planet systems... BTW, I"ve already created a working black hole but waitin' the next Kopernicus release to finish this up... SO. HYPED. UP!!!

Does anyone know what codes I can use to raise the sea level temperature of my Laythe template planet to 30 degrees Celsius? atmosphereTemperatureMultiplier works backwards, in my mind. I had it at 1 and at 1500 m altitude it was -6 . Then I changed the multiplier to 10 and it was -28. I Changed it to 0.001 and it only gets to 0 degrees. I don't think it works beyond 3 decimals. I don't want a frozen planet - I want a tropical one.

I am using Laythe as a template. My craft is now splashed down and I have set the temperature multiplier at 6 and the thermometer now shows 28.14 degrees Celsius. I wonder if it will drop sharply with altitude... maybe a higher temperature multiplier allows a high temperature at sea level but a sharp decline with altitude?

Does anyone know what codes I can use to raise the sea level temperature of my Laythe template planet to 30 degrees Celsius? atmosphereTemperatureMultiplier works backwards, in my mind. I had it at 1 and at 1500 m altitude it was -6 . Then I changed the multiplier to 10 and it was -28. I Changed it to 0.001 and it only gets to 0 degrees. I don't think it works beyond 3 decimals. I don't want a frozen planet - I want a tropical one.

You can calculate the multiplier by using simple algebra

Multiplier x Base Number = Temperature

------

Make the multiplier 1 and you can find the body's base number by looking at the sea level temperature manually with a craft.

Divide the temperature you want (30 degrees) by the base number that you found on the body and you get the exact value to use as the temperature multiplier in the config.

I hope that makes sense.