[1.4.x] Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor [v1.7.1] [2018-03-30]

nightingale

5 minutes ago, aluc24 said:

@nightingale , I believe some of the waypoints of anomalies are off in 1.1. For example, the control tower and crew pod that must be visited during the first mission, have waypoints to the west. I know 1.1 version of your contract pack isn't out yet, but I'm just letting you know of this bug.

Do you have Kopernicus installed?  If so, known bug.

7 hours ago, Warzouz said:

@nightingale, I know you're working on the 1.1.1 release of this mod and specifically the end contract.

Can I add to my KSP the current 1.0.5 release and do the first contracts then wait for your update. If yes, where should I stop ?

Thx

The only one that I would not suggest doing is the Jool Monolith contract.  Everything else should work fine.

Hey @nightingale, just wanted to let you know that TMA-1 (mountains west of KSC) is now visible above the terrain, about 30-40m up the slope from where you've got the waypoint. Think it wasn't there when you put the dialog box in :)

EmSBx9n.jpg

5 hours ago, eddiew said:

Hey @nightingale, just wanted to let you know that TMA-1 (mountains west of KSC) is now visible above the terrain, about 30-40m up the slope from where you've got the waypoint. Think it wasn't there when you put the dialog box in :)

EmSBx9n.jpg

If you have Kopernicus installed, then it appears normally.  Also, the terrain detail settings affect it.

57 minutes ago, nightingale said:

If you have Kopernicus installed, then it appears normally.  Also, the terrain detail settings affect it.

Ohhh... did not know, and I do :)  I assumed 1.1 had un-buried it ^^;

Edited by eddiew

10 hours ago, Warzouz said:

@nightingale,

I finally started this mod. It's really a mini campaign ! It very nice improvement of the game.

I've a question though. I got the Mun UFO and arches. What is the condition for next contract ?

For the most part they are unlocked as you orbit different celestial bodies.  The exception is the monolith contracts, which go Kerbin => Mun => Jool (but Jool is broken in 1.1.2, will be fixing that this week).  There's contracts for Kerbin, Mun and a bunch of Joolian moons.

On 4/28/2016 at 2:14 PM, aluc24 said:

@nightingale , I believe some of the waypoints of anomalies are off in 1.1. For example, the control tower and crew pod that must be visited during the first mission, have waypoints to the west. I know 1.1 version of your contract pack isn't out yet, but I'm just letting you know of this bug.

Are you using Kopernicus, by chance? That seems to cause many issues with waypoints / locations.

Just now, nightingale said:

Nope, see my original response - it's in the Kopernicus court.

Oh, sorry, I forgot. Hasn't the Kopernicus creator acknowledge this issue? Is he planning on fixing it? I hope it's okay to ask that, since it's between you mod creators. :)

3 hours ago, nightingale said:

And last one of my mods to be ready for 1.1.x, yay!  Download here.

ContractPack-AnomalySurveyor 1.4.3

• Recompile for KSP 1.1.x

Thanks many time for the time you took :)

5 hours ago, aluc24 said:

Oh, sorry, I forgot. Hasn't the Kopernicus creator acknowledge this issue? Is he planning on fixing it? I hope it's okay to ask that, since it's between you mod creators. :)

I'll see if I can catch Thomas on IRC.  If not, I've got a new idea for how I might work around it partially (previous attempts would've been a big change to work around the issue).

3 hours ago, nightingale said:

I'll see if I can catch Thomas on IRC.  If not, I've got a new idea for how I might work around it partially (previous attempts would've been a big change to work around the issue).

Thank you very much! If it's not too much to ask, could you please mention whenever this problem is solved by the next update of Anomaly Surveyor contract pack? Like, in a changelog or something. :) And thank you for maintaining these amazing contract packs and mods! You are great.

@nightingale, I this there is a bug somewhere,

I had the mun mission about the arches, but then, nothing. I know where most anomalies are becaus I have scansat scan of them and I (in another game) visit 5 of them on a Elcano challenge.

Using the contract lottery didn't help, no more Anomaly contract were created

I went to Duna, land and then, more anomaly Mun missions poped out (especially the monolith one)

Does the prerequisite on that mission is correct ?

PS : I don't have any other contract packs except the configurator (which is a prerequisite)

PPS : I already said it, but I say it again : These contracts are the most interesting I ever did. Thanks, @nightingale

11 hours ago, Warzouz said:

@nightingale, I this there is a bug somewhere,

I had the mun mission about the arches, but then, nothing. I know where most anomalies are becaus I have scansat scan of them and I (in another game) visit 5 of them on a Elcano challenge.

Using the contract lottery didn't help, no more Anomaly contract were created

I went to Duna, land and then, more anomaly Mun missions poped out (especially the monolith one)

Does the prerequisite on that mission is correct ?

PS : I don't have any other contract packs except the configurator (which is a prerequisite)

PPS : I already said it, but I say it again : These contracts are the most interesting I ever did. Thanks, @nightingale

Could just be bad luck on the contract generation.  I'm starting to get some hints from other threads that there may be a need to up the availability of Contract Configurator vs. other contracts in the code (I'll look at that when I'm back from my trip).

The requirements for themselves should be correct - generally speaking it's orbit the planet where the anomaly is (or scan it if you have SCANsat).  Island Airfield is triggered off first launch, and I *think* that pyramids is from reaching space (might be orbit though).

From memory, I had the pyramids very quickly (probably from start), even before the airfield. then the monolith. Then Arches on the mun then nothing until I land on Duna (I gives me the monolith on Mun, I have to do)

1 hour ago, Warzouz said:

From memory, I had the pyramids very quickly (probably from start), even before the airfield. then the monolith. Then Arches on the mun then nothing until I land on Duna (I gives me the monolith on Mun, I have to do)

I raised #510 on the contract generation issue - keep an eye on that.

Well, I did the mission about the monolith on the Moon, and I got immediately the mission about the object orbiting Jool. I didn't get any thing on Duna or even any other Jool stuff (I'm not even there yet)

Even if I decline, the mission respawn very quickly. Is it intended ?

EDIT : OK, I got it :each contract have a requirement and the Jool monolith is only about Mun monolith. The anomaly survey is not advanced enough to get the other ones.

Edited by Warzouz

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.