I am saddened by this but, I'm getting bored.

LostElement

I try focusing along SSTOs. It makes it quite a bit more difficult. Plus, because of that, the farthest I made it was Minmus. And I have around 350 hours as well! I really need to make more rockets though(and go to other celestial bodies). The reason I have 350 hours is mainly because of the long loading times, extreme lag, and lots of reverting. Not to mention my hours spent on crafts that never even made it out of the VAB and SPH. I got off topic didn't I?

Don't even feel bad about getting burnt out, if I had to guess my play time since my first version, I'd guess it's about 2.5 thousand hours, and that's a low guess.

I haven't played the game in months now, I'm burnt out too. But that doesn't mean I'm done with this game, nowhere near done.

Starmade ain't as good as Space Engineers :P On the other hand, it doesn't lag as much with bigger ships, and it has a greater variety of weapons unmodded (dunno if Starmade has mods anyway). The player flight system was garbage last time I played it though.

I know the feeling, one thing killed my personal fun in the game, that was joining the experimental team.

In the weeks of the Exp Testing, i play KSP so intensive in a repettative testing manner, that once the update is released, i dont feel like playing the game at all for a few weeks, and just need a break of it.

Its atm even so bad with me, i hardly play it atm between Exp testing last 2 updates, only to slowly started to play 0.90 just a week ago of today.

I think its simply to much of a good thing, becomes a bad thing, and with KSP i think i flow between these extremes.

Once i start to play it, i'm hooked and cant stop playing till i get so bored of it again, i wont touch it for weeks, and then i get that urge again :P

Nope. Every day there's a new mod out, or something you can personally do with Ksp photos, movie making, or all around horseplay. I think that's why this is the king of indie games,

it can/has literally bridged the gap between casual, hardcore, silly, serious, and is downright fun. Heck, do an American Dad episode, and see how many Kerbals you can off in 30 minutes,

if you like stations, see how far out you can make one, learn aero braking, gravity assist, launch one straight up and time warp to see what happens. KSP gives every user endless possibility's,

and that keeps the game new every time I log in.

I have 370 hours into KSP, and I've become bored of it. I no longer thrill at successfully making a rocket go to orbit, landing on the mun, going to Eeloo, building space stations, etc.

No matter what I do, no matter how many cool mods, I never play KSP for more than 20 minutes. I haven't even played in 2 monthes.

So my question is to you; are you getting bored of KSP? Even slightly? If not good for you! If so, say so here. I wish I can get un-bored of KSP.

i usually take breaks to play other games, every time something reminds me of KSP somewhere along the line and i start to feel the urge to play once more. I've found that setting goals really helps in keeping my attention, otherwise ill just sit in the vab making crazy stuff and never actually launching because i have no 'reason' to do so... currently i gave myself the mission to take 40 kerbals out somewhere and set up camp and see how long i can last.

KSP, like all games, is just a game. I get bored of all my games. I eventually come back a month (or possibly a few months, or years) later and it's fresh all over again. Right now I'm playing Silent Hunter. It's not that KSP is boring, but I just need a break from it.

• 4 months later...

Yeah I got burned out since 0.24 but then 0.90 got me back up for a while then I quit. Then 1.0 came out and i got another 150+ hours and now I'm taking another break. I sometimes feel like playing it but then I start it up, sit in the VAB for 20 minutes thinking about what to do, then I give up.

Because you just build rockets possibly? I mean with the physics updates alot of things can be done.. its quite similar to gmod almost in you can try to make things work and have fun with it.. ive never left kerbins atmosphere in a year.. I still enjoy KSP..

launching a rocket, fast forwarding to x burn. . transfer etc etc.. doesnt do it for me for the same reason I loved Frontier Elite 2.. but hated actually playing it. .time acceleration kills a thing quickly.. accelerating more than time I think

Im a full time train driver now.. but currently branched off to ultralight and rotorcraft

Perhaps if they had customizable contract sets... We could create our own storyline and not be stuck with "fly 5 tourists on a sub-orbital trajectory on Minmus" stuff...

This is an awesome idea.

It would be awesome to have a small tool where you can write and script mission-chains and then share them with friends or on the forums.

Yeah I got burned out since 0.24 but then 0.90 got me back up for a while then I quit. Then 1.0 came out and i got another 150+ hours and now I'm taking another break. I sometimes feel like playing it but then I start it up, sit in the VAB for 20 minutes thinking about what to do, then I give up.

I really know that feeling... I feel like I have done anything. I wish they would just add something that would do what docking ports did to the gameplay back in .18.

For a while it was being able to build bigger more complicated stuff that kept me going, but with latest versions the performance has declined instead of improved.

I just starting playing this game back in April just before 1.00 came out.

I started a New career when 1.0.2 came out.

I find it interesting how people talk about taking a year off when it was still in beta.

The game basically just got released April 2015, I really feel bad for people that burned themselves out already.

Or worse played beta and burned themselves out on a game that wasn't even complete.

All things considered it doesn't surprise me to see the burned out threads.

This is a sandbox game and it has no end, that bugs some people as you basically can't win the game.

The last I looked I had completed 35 launches if that is correct and I am still on Year 1 Day 114.

I don't know how many contracts I have completed A LOT.

Hmm is there a way to pull up those stats ?

To anyone who is getting bored, try some of these things that I've been trying to do:

Make a stock helicopter without using someone else's design.

Try building some "Gentlemen's Naval Battle Club" and "KIDI" style warships.

Make a stock flying base than can launch VTOLs.

Make a boat that doesn't explode when it tries to move.

Make a tower to orbit using the bug where you can make infinitely tall rockets.

Etc, I've gotten about 650 hours in-game at the time of writing this, and at least another 200-300 hours in the demo, and the farthest I've gotten with a manned mission is Minimus.

There's so much more to this game than a lot of people realize.

Btw, first forum post!

I don't get bored, see at as challenging in Career and Sandbox Mode. Would like to venture into Science to see how that pans out. If I get bored I would like to see myself attempt and build a ring around the Mun in orbit. Heck maybe a full cage, but bet my PC can't take the load. But I need to attempt docking first.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.