[1.0.5]SKY - Scale-up Kerbalism for You - Kopernicus Rescale [v2.0]

SkyRex94

Hey, I'm wondering how the heat mechanic on Pol works exactly. I'm trying to get Moho's heat back to it's old glorious burn, but my messing around with the temperaturecurve stuff yielded nothing. And yes, I did actually add an atmosphere to Moho.

Well Huge thanks to Starwaster for this, he fixed a bug in the RSS .dll which caused the heating to not work as intended. He also wanted to push it into the main RSS thread, so are you using the latest .dll ?

If not, try the fixed .dll ( use the one that I distribute with SKRX ) and if that fixes it I will ask Starwaster if you might redistribute his fixed one too.

• 3 weeks later...

So, RSS will switch to Kopernicus, which means this will switch to Kopernicus too, that'll take some days but I might get an early build out in 1-2 days.

Additional this means Syterion will become a proper 'own' planet and Ike might go back to Duna... well not sure yet bout the new 'additional' stuff besides the rescale. What will still be there for sure is Syterion, Eeloo in syterions orbit, a retrograde moon and a Titan analouge (now without oxygen)

MAYBE the resizing factor will change, since 1.0 brought a huge rebalance of all engines, which might lead to a new sweetspot for 'Kerbalistic' experience...

P.S. Questions to you: Do you like the Trojan moon approach for Minmus or shall it go back into an orbit of Kerbin? Anything else you want to say?

Hey, been a bit since i used this config but let me weigh in conceptually since it's on the table:

1)Keep the trojan moon. Its one of those unique touches i feel really weighs in this mod. Definitely don't ditch it. Kerbin doesn't need an endless ring of "practice" moons, the trojan moon "practice interplanetary" concept is so much more interesting.

2) I don't know which way you're leaning with the rescale factor, if you're leaning to smaller planets or larger planets or what, but i certainly wouldn't mind if you went K365 style and made the planets a little more small and stock-manageable with the space staying the same or even larger.

3) Make the inner planets more worth visiting. I diddled around a little with EVE and a few configs in RSS in an attempt to make moho, eve, and duna worth visiting more. http://imgur.com/a/50nvr/embed#0 is what i came up with (sorry i forget how to embed albums). With the new heat factors, and integration of Kopernicus, there's much more potential for Venus and Mars and Mercury-alikes now. Bring the pain of the titan analogy's volcanic heat to moho and eve too! Surround Duna with a garden of little tiny asteroid moons worth mining for the resources.

4) Good luck man, this is a very well rounded mod, i wish the best for you!

So: the switch to Kopernicus is coming along, but Kopernicus still has some issues, waiting for a fix for Tylo and Bop, since they are bugged currently.

@Lucius:- Yeah I will keep Minmus a Trojan, might move it closer tho, preferably quite close to the SOI borders.

- The rescale factor will become 3.7 / 7 soon. So 7 for distances as before and 3.7 for Planets as I found that this is a better sweetspot for the tweaked down ISPs of most stock engines, and as I said in the OP: Stock craft shall be able to do things reasonbly here

- For the inner planets: I always found Eve pretty interesting already cause it is very challenging and with EVE it looks Venusish in purple. For Moho though.. I might try to fiddle around with the suns heat: The new heating system allows conductive and radiation heat, so if the sun is quite hot there, Mohos daylight surface would heat up even more (maybe a thiiiin atmo is required), which could turn moho into a "Land only at night or at poles" planet.

Might take a few days though until Kopernicus runs fine and everything is set up and maybe even 1 - 2 custom moons. (Syterion is its own Planet already and looks very nice, proper atmosphere ligtning now)

Cheers

P.S. if the demand is really high I could already push out the current build, if you desperatly need an upsized solar System to start your game? Although the KSC is floating over the ocean since the KSCswitcher from RSS is needed first.

Although the KSC is floating over the ocean since the KSCswitcher from RSS is needed first.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHA oh holy lord I can literally picture that. And i can picture you testing with it, throwing up your hands and going "Alright, well, that's that".

For me personally i can safely say take your time. I like your mod a lot, but I'd like to see your first "ready for testing" build when its ready rather than being swamped with "ksc in oshun lul". Take your time, 1.0 and the subsequent patch onslaught has made everyone a little behind on the mod updating so i think we've all developed a little patience.

would you like keeping Laythe as the Titan Analouge or would you prefer Laythe Back at Jool as a Water Moon and a custom made Titan-Analouge?

besides: The update is likely to land soon after the KSCSwitcher is decoupled from RSS and released seperatly, so I can move the KSC away from its 30m-over-ocean-floating-position. Kopernicus itself doesnt have the capabilities to do so.

But some hype to spread: Scaling up the Planets is waay faster with Kopernicus. You don't have the RSS loading in main screen anymore since Kop creates the planets like they shall be right from the beginning. So NO EXTRA LOADING TIME !!!!

Personal opinion: The more atmospheric planets there are, the better. We have so many lonely space potatoes that are endless rock and no water or atmosphere to interact with, i think they more atmo-style planets you have to go inhabit, maybe the better?

The update is online !

still called beta cause of the Bugs with Moho and Tylo and the missing custom objects. But you have an upscaled Solar System again, go start your careers!

Woo trying this over the weekend, can't wait to see how it all works.

Edit: Gave it a brief test now, couple of problems i'm having? Don't know if its just me but i can't see how i could've accidentally done it:

1) Syterion's EVE rings are now around Duna?

2) Syterion's (i presume here: ) Kopernicus non EVE rings shimmer in and out of existance completely at random?

3) Moho looks WAY close to Kerbol. If intended, it's actually really cool! But if not intended it almost looks as though its orbit was never adjusted from stock, as long as you're aware. (oh just realized this is an known issue okay nevermind)

AHA solve for the first issue: The EVE clouds are still dependant on when Syterion was MADE of Ike, pre-Kopernicus. A quick switch in the EVE file for "body = Ike" to "body = Syterion" should fix the issue for the next release

Edited by Lucius

Woo trying this over the weekend, can't wait to see how it all works.

Edit: Gave it a brief test now, couple of problems i'm having? Don't know if its just me but i can't see how i could've accidentally done it:

1) Syterion's EVE rings are now around Duna?

2) Syterion's (i presume here: ) Kopernicus non EVE rings shimmer in and out of existance completely at random?

3) Moho looks WAY close to Kerbol. If intended, it's actually really cool! But if not intended it almost looks as though its orbit was never adjusted from stock, as long as you're aware. (oh just realized this is an known issue okay nevermind)

AHA solve for the first issue: The EVE clouds are still dependant on when Syterion was MADE of Ike, pre-Kopernicus. A quick switch in the EVE file for "body = Ike" to "body = Syterion" should fix the issue for the next release

1.Oh yeah forgot to change that, since Syterion is its own planet now.

2. You have pictures or something? Never encountered this shimmer problem myself.

Would you happen to have the latitude and longitude of the launch sites for remote tech compatibility?

You find them in the LaunchSites CFG from KSCSwitcher

http://imgur.com/a/GQR1H#0

THIS is an album showing quickly what's going on for me with the non-EVE syterion rings. It's possible it's a result of planetshine? I havn't snipped out my mods yet and troubleshot to figure out the exact result, i had originally just presumed it was a known issue.

You can see the essence of what happens: The rings are only visible from certain camera angles, and fade away or are even invisible at certain angles. The other rings are the EVE rings

THIS is an album showing quickly what's going on for me with the non-EVE syterion rings. It's possible it's a result of planetshine? I havn't snipped out my mods yet and troubleshot to figure out the exact result, i had originally just presumed it was a known issue.

You can see the essence of what happens: The rings are only visible from certain camera angles, and fade away or are even invisible at certain angles. The other rings are the EVE rings

I can see what happens and I can confirm that I don't have this or could replicate it.

Try troubleshooting if there is a mod interference with Kopernicus.

So what's next on the agenda Skyrex?

I just added a RemoteTech config to the OP so you can set the GroundStations to the two new locations.

Whats next in the line: Waiting for Kopernicus, so Moho and Tylo can be brought into line too. And starting to create a Titan-like moon for Syterion, although I would like it to have big lakes which also relies on Kopernicus implementing custom oceans.

@Bomoo: Well it is mainly an upscaling mod, like the former 64x Kerbin was. The only custom planet right now is Syterion and it is sized for this System size, so it would be massivly to big for the stock Player.

If you also mean the movement of stock bodies to enhance the challenges (atm: Eeloo, Dres, Minmus, Gilly) , well do you want such an enhancement in stock size ? If the demand is high I could offer that too. If its just for you: go into the config and delete all the upsizing bits and adjust the semimajoraxis' to stock scale and there you go :)

Please make a big post and or update the title when the contract glitch is fixed. i wouldn't even have know about the issue if I didn't browse the forum so much. Thanks!

Can you try enable/disable PlanetShine from its setting menu to see if it changes?

Which plugins should I install to try reproducing your issue, just SKY and PlanetShine?

Eudae55 - any chance you could upload that configuration somewhere? I've been itching for a system-rescale + OPM config, and it looks like this is the only rescale mod that's updated for 1.0.x.

Can you try enable/disable PlanetShine from its setting menu to see if it changes?

Which plugins should I install to try reproducing your issue, just SKY and PlanetShine?

Hi, i have a boatload of mods swirling around, but without stripping it all down and checking i can tell you now, when i removed nothing more than planetshine (which was what i suspected), this bug DID disappear. I will also point out, on a linux 64bit configuration i have, this mod and planetshine SEEMED to play well together no problem.

Also since i had to admit this, i would also like to admit since i have the dev of PS's attention: I LOVE YOUR MOD. You did a fantastic job of picking up the reins of mods that handled realistic planetary darkness factors. You are doing a fantastic job!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.