Suggestion: IFTTT style conditional statements in game

Hey,

I'm not sure whether or not this has been mentioned before, but I was thinking what would be handy in game in addition or part of the actions section would be an IFTTT style conditional statement builder to automate some things/functions.

A basic example would be

if altitude < 10000 then deploy parachute

I went searching for a mod that did something similar and couldn't find anything and just thought it might be a worth while idea addition to the game.

Hey,

I'm not sure whether or not this has been mentioned before, but I was thinking what would be handy in game in addition or part of the actions section would be an IFTTT style conditional statement builder to automate some things/functions.

A basic example would be

if altitude < 10000 then deploy parachute

I went searching for a mod that did something similar and couldn't find anything and just thought it might be a worth while idea addition to the game.

People have already suggested several in-game improvements to the action groups system, including a type of GUI programming interface that uses something like configurable command blocks.

As long as you need to program it yourself, I would love to have some sort of automation available. For things like "open the pod pay doors, wait 5 seconds, extend corned beef antenna of righteousness."

You can go all the way to kOS to fully code scripts, your "if altitude < 10000 then deploy parachute" is pretty much what it accepts.

There is also Smart Parts which has parts that can trigger action groups on a basic set of conditions, altitude being one of them.

But yes, there are not many mods that offer options of this sort that I am aware of.

D.

If you already have some programming experience or are willing to learn, kOS is exactly what you're looking for. Control your rockets from a command line prompt; write your own autopilot programs; watch helplessly as they fail hilariously because you forgot one piece of punctuation in the code! It has a steep learning curve but it's remarkably flexible and powerful.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68089-0-90-kOS-Scriptable-Autopilot-System-v0-15-5-2015-1-3

First of all... I would love to see it in stock.

kOS is good, but there's easier way... Smart Parts

• Auto-staging device that detects empty tanks and SRBs
  • Timer that triggers stages and action groups after a countdown
  • Remote controller that triggers actions on nearby vessels
  • Altimeter device that triggers actions and stages once a user defined altitude is reached
  • Radial fuel controllers that control fuel lines' flow
  • In-line fuel controller that controls fuel flow
  • A fuel valve to dump excess fuel and produce slight thrust

bsYV8a2.jpg

Edited by ddenis

I'll have to take a look a KOS and smart parts, thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't heard/seen these before.

I just thought some sought of way to easily create a set of rules and actions would be quite handy, make somethings easier and take out some of the manual labour like when launching or landing, even activating science equipment based on certain criteria.

Something drag and drop with ability to plug in numbers where applicable maybe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.