The Number War: Count to 100 or -100

RainDreamer

I'll do it for [secret Name of crush here]!

No JK

No, this is Patrick

Just want to bring attention to these two posts since there were some confusion(I don't want to interfere in the game often):

Rule 7 stated that:

7. In the case of two or more posts from two or more different people being posted at the same time(give or take a minute) trying to subtract/add to the same number simultaneously , the post that appears last on the thread counts toward the change in the current number. This is to avoid needless confusion and people can simply read the last post to continue the game.

And the two posts were posted at the same time. Both are at 00:48 for me. Therefore, Deutherius' post that appear last on the thread, as in being the last one post in that given time slot, will count, and the previous one is nulled.

This solves some conflict like what we have seen, and it discourage editing, though I don't want to forbid editing if you just want to fix some mispost during slow time and no one didn't already move the number on right after you. The reason for the give/take one minute is because forum time doesn't count for seconds.

Also a reminder on part of rule 6:

In the case of the current number being incorrect due to intentional or unintentional misinformation/misinterpretation, a player must notify others of the error, and will have to find the last correct number and quote that post (for easier accuracy checking) and the game continues as normal from the last correct number with the player adding/subtracting from that number.

If you noticed an error on the current number, please quote the last correct post for easier fact check. If someone either subtract/add incorrectly, or not changing the number at all, you can consider that post as an error. Quote last correct number, and move on.

Finally, there is something I noticed, not related to the two post above, but sometimes happened and I haven't talk about it yet - since I prefer player figuring things out on their own through rule interpretation, but I think I should talk about it now.

Game changing information, people:

If one poster post a really cryptic and hard to understand message, as long as it is clear* enough about correctly adding/subtracting to the current number, and represent the current number correctly, it is an accepted post, as per rule 4 and 5. And if someone couldn't figure it out correctly and perform an addition or subtraction incorrectly, that post is nulled. And any post that follow a nulled post number will subsequently nulled. Which means it is possible for a lot of progress can be reversed if one person misinterpreting a message and others follow.

However, this game allow for such error to win if no one noticed it. So you can actually be fast enough to brute force through before anyone notice, though it is unlikely when the number is still near 0.

I have updated rules and examples to better reflect these nuances in the rules.I hope the zero team also notice their score condition below the other two teams' score. Gotta cancel the positive out with negative! Balance must be restored!

*see the definition of "clear" in updated rule 4.

So... You are saying we are still at 2, induced by me.

And it was going so well :/

EDIT: Actually...

wait it must be 0 !!!

61881188118811881188118811.881188 x Planck length in nano meters.

Xannari's post just says "1", which is against the rules. :P

Therefore I am going to subtract one fom Nemrav's -3, resulting in a new status of: -4

(8 pages worthless, btw :D)

Edited by Deutherius