The Number War: Count to 100 or -100

RainDreamer

Hey guys, I have a fun suggestion. Let's play a little game called "Who made the rule-breaking post that deletes all of your hard earned progress?":

6 only 94 to go! XD

95 actually

96 :o
Three.

Hint: It's rule #5

And the answer is...

Avera9eJoe! His post did not state the game progress (current number) correctly. Congratulations! The game is still at 5, set by Ethanadams.

Actually, it's at 4, set by me right now.

1315085019001.png

Hey guys, I have a fun suggestion. Let's play a little game called "Who made the rule-breaking post that deletes all of your hard earned progress?":

Hint: It's rule #5

And the answer is...

Avera9eJoe! His post did not state the game progress (current number) correctly. Congratulations! The game is still at 5, set by Ethanadams.

Actually, it's at 4, set by me right now.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/170/391/1315085019001.png

:blush: XD Bahaha sorry. I posted this from my phone on the way to school and I didn't read carefully XD.

EDIT:

4 ( it's one more then three)!

Edited by Avera9eJoe

4, but maybe Raindreamer (OP) should decide this...

Avera9eJoe tripped on the problem of multiple interpretation which rule 4 states (and rule 5 follows the same clause too, probably have to be clear about this). Specifically,

If a message can be interpreted in multiple ways and is not clarified by the poster, it is also nulled to avoid confusion.

Because there were no clarification of what the number mean, "96" can either be understood as, well, 96, which is decisively not the correct number at that point, or it can be understood as 96 more units till 100, as per the context of the previous posts, and this interpretation is actually acceptable if it was clarified. Should have made it a little clearer, "96 units away from 100", or even following ethanadam's example and writes "4 Now it is 96", and it would be considered that it has sufficiently demonstrated that the current number is 4, also an implication that subtraction is made from previous 5, and things would have been fine as that would satisfy rule 4 and 5.

The reason for disallowing message with multiple interpretations is simple: people will argue on which interpretations should be taken. One person may return back to an age old message and say, "actually, i meant it this way" and nulled things after it. Big mess. So disallowing multiple interpretations and null them make things safer for people.

Just gotta remember to be clear in your communication. :P Kind of fun that finally someone activating a trap card this round.

I will probably do another pass at the language to clarify the rules even more, at least once I am less busy with papers to write...

Edited by RainDreamer