The Number War: Count to 100 or -100

RainDreamer

Oh, ok. Doesn't matter, though, cause this whole thing is invalid :)

Is it 50? Please don't mess up here
no, it's 51.
49 down we go
52 crosses fingers
now its 51

Ethan, your post was invalid b/c Fel's.

I overrode his post, see rule 7.

The correct number is 51. I posted 51. Fel posted 49 and overrode me. I posted 51 and overwrote him again. Ethan, your post was invalid from the start.

From fel's second post (50) i rasise it 1.

You cannot post multiple times in one "skirmish".

user z: 46

user a: 45

user b: 47

user c: 45

user d: 47

This is valid, because nobody posted more times than once in the battle over progress from 46.

user z: 46

user b: 47

This is invalid. As per rule #7, which states:

7. In the case of two or more posts from two or more different people being posted at the same time(give or take a minute) trying to subtract/add to the same number simultaneously , the post that appears last on the thread counts toward the change in the current number. This is to avoid needless confusion and people can simply read the last post to continue the game. You also cannot spam posts in an attempt to override another person's change during the 1 minute window, only your earliest post will count in that situation. So don't spam.

That means the last valid post in that battle was Fel's 49.

Let's make it a 48 :P

Does it really matter?

Also:

Guys, it's getting so a significant proportion of the posts in this game are disputes over the rules. If that doesn't stop, we'll have to close the game down, and we'd rather not do that.

Hello? Where did everybody go?

Edited by TheMoonRover

I can't find any flaws in this logic. Unfortunately. However, I think that this many reverts in one day is against the spirit of the thread, so I will be leaving for a day.

If you guys are referring to this revert post:

Oh, ok. Doesn't matter, though, cause this whole thing is invalid :)
, then Deu is correct in this case. That part of the rule is there to prevent spamming, and it only allow everyone one chance to have a shot within that 1 minute window.

In any case, please PM me if you guys have anything to ask about the rules, and if discussions are needed, there is even a discussion thread over here.

Edited by RainDreamer

Not looking for a heated discussion or anything, but why does this (or something like it) always pop up when the positives are near winning? Why not before?

Well, the nearer one side get to winning, the more motivation for the other side to search for an advantage to help them change the balance. People usually just pay less attention to errors otherwise, because it is exhausting to keep track of fast moving numbers and I count on it to have errors to happen.

Not looking for a heated discussion or anything, but why does this (or something like it) always pop up when the positives are near winning? Why not before?

Because, let's face it, the positives are an overwhelming majority. They get near 100 far more often then the negatives get near -100. Therefore, every large revert that hits will most likely hurt the positives. I can assure you that if the situation was reversed and the negatives were winning all the time, the reverts would be hurting them.