[WIP] Porp Gas Giant System [0.15]

Lillz

New ideas.

Atlas, a gas planet which Is small but has a high atmospheric pressure, crushing anything in it's stratosphere. Anything that is beneath it's exosphere will have a hard time escaping. But this gas giant must be small on account of its density.

Janus, a planet that does NOT rotate. One part of the planet is full of life and habitable, while the other part is frozen to the core, to the point where the atmosphere Is not breathable.

New ideas.

Atlas, a gas planet which Is small but has a high atmospheric pressure, crushing anything in it's stratosphere. Anything that is beneath it's exosphere will have a hard time escaping. But this gas giant must be small on account of its density.

Janus, a planet that does NOT rotate. One part of the planet is full of life and habitable, while the other part is frozen to the core, to the point where the atmosphere Is not breathable.

What do you mean by 'doesn't rotate'? Per chance do you mean tidally locked where the same face is pointed toward the parent body at all times (i.e. Moon wrt Earth)?

And not to nitpick, but a half completely frozen planet makes no sense, especially not when you want 1/2 the surface to be habitable. If your atmosphere is freezing out (basically, condensing into a solid and settling like snow), then the entirety of your atmosphere will eventually end up frozen on the frozen side. Not to mention planet interiors and cores can't "half freeze" in the sense of sides. Over time liquid cores will eventually solidify but this happens from the outside in, if I recall correctly. I can't see a planet ending up half molten core and half frozen core, at least not in the sense of hemispheres. :)

This pack is awesome! I never liked packs that added an insane number of extra planets. One extra gas giant is perfect. I suggest you add a planet similar to Laythe but with a non-breathable atmosphere. So you have to take off with rockets :). I'm a big fan of Porp's red clouds. And Dent too.

What do you mean by 'doesn't rotate'? Per chance do you mean tidally locked where the same face is pointed toward the parent body at all times (i.e. Moon wrt Earth)?

And not to nitpick, but a half completely frozen planet makes no sense, especially not when you want 1/2 the surface to be habitable. If your atmosphere is freezing out (basically, condensing into a solid and settling like snow), then the entirety of your atmosphere will eventually end up frozen on the frozen side. Not to mention planet interiors and cores can't "half freeze" in the sense of sides. Over time liquid cores will eventually solidify but this happens from the outside in, if I recall correctly. I can't see a planet ending up half molten core and half frozen core, at least not in the sense of hemispheres. :)

I was using my creativity to think of some stuff. But it would be cool :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I put a rover down on Dent today, great planet! I really like the way you did all those volcanoes, looks very cool! I'm headed out for a couple of days but will post some screens of the landing when I get back. Really nice work on that planet.

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.