1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

Just now, Ziw said:

25 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

Missed info written with big letters that there is no parts in beta release and you should use existing parts ?
Read posts below that about proper links and install order. Beware that I didn't updated links in posts after Ziw answered, so you have to search for proper ones(buried somewhere in threads).

Thanks! I guess my stupid self missed that.

Hello,

I found a conflict between the mod "contact configurator V1.20.3" and Infernal Robotics v2.0.6.

Indeed, contract configurator prevents infernal robotics of customized template icon in the VAB and SPH and in game.

3 hours ago, doudou said:

Hello,

I found a conflict between the mod "contact configurator V1.20.3" and Infernal Robotics v2.0.6.

Indeed, contract configurator prevents infernal robotics of customized template icon in the VAB and SPH and in game.

Possibly related to the various problems with mod buttons not showing is this post:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/55420-120-toolbar-1713-common-api-for-draggableresizable-buttons-toolbar/&page=55#comment-2770188

On 18.10.2016 at 5:38 PM, kcs123 said:

What would be "proper" download and install order ? I assume this:

1. IR mod from spacedock made for 1.1.2. for parts or it is better to use latest 2.0.5. full release from github
  2. IR sequencer from github
  3. Model rework IR parts from ZodiusInfuser
  4. Latest beta IR plugin as in link from above post

Please correct me if I'm missed something, could be useful too for others to know if they have proper latest part pack and plugin. Less false bug reports that way.

Give this man a cookie, you sir, are the most valuable player.
Although, I think there's a problem with the third link, the latest downloadable link I can find for Model Rework is this; 1.1.2

Also, dear Ziw, why are there so many things to download? Is it illegal to combine all of this in one file?

1 hour ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

Although, I think there's a problem with the third link, the latest downloadable link I can find for Model Rework is this; 1.1.2

Also, dear Ziw, why are there so many things to download? Is it illegal to combine all of this in one file?

Proper link for #3 should be in Ziw's signature. I was wrote that post in rush, picking all links from github without checking actual content. Sorry about that.

2 hours ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

Model Rework part is done by @ZodiusInfuser and he wanted to keep it separate. Our legacy parts are not up to standards now, and with a lot of people using reworked parts we decided to keep them as a separate download to reduce ZIP file size. Also the parts themselves do not change over different versions, so they are more of a dead-weight if you just want to release a quick update like this beta.

When the full version is ready, we usually create a version of a download file with parts included.

1 minute ago, Ziw said:

Model Rework part is done by @ZodiusInfuser and he wanted to keep it separate. Our legacy parts are not up to standards now, and with a lot of people using reworked parts we decided to keep them as a separate download to reduce ZIP file size. Also the parts themselves do not change over different versions, so they are more of a dead-weight if you just want to release a quick update like this beta.

When the full version is ready, we usually create a version of a download file with parts included.

Thank you so much for the explanation. Such a shame when somebody creates versions of a main mod but then want to keep it separate. It's not like you don't give any proper credit to the others, cause you do, which I respect.

5 minutes ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

Thank you so much for the explanation. Such a shame when somebody creates versions of a main mod but then want to keep it separate. It's not like you don't give any proper credit to the others, cause you do, which I respect.

I think you misunderstood, he does not create a version of a mod, he creates additional parts, that use the mod, which is great, because I cannot do parts. And his parts are very thought through and cool. He also helps A LOT with maintaining main mod as well so only utmost respect for him from me.

2 minutes ago, Ziw said:

I think you misunderstood, he does not create a version of a mod, he creates additional parts, that use the mod, which is great, because I cannot do parts. And his parts are very thought through and cool. He also helps A LOT with maintaining main mod as well so only utmost respect for him from me.

Yeah I understood you, by versions i actually meant parts... But my statement still stands. Cause those parts mean nothing without your mod.

Edited by Smart Parts Wanter

4 minutes ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

Yeah I understood you, by versions i actually meant parts... But my statement still stands. Cause those parts mean nothing without your mod.

To be fair it is not my mod as well. I just help maintain it :) 

Requires Clean-ish Install

Leave the Parts subfolder, but please delete the MagicSmokeIndustries/AssetBundles subfolder before installing.

NO PARTS IN THE ZIP FILE, KEEP YOUR CURRENT PARTS

Download here: https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.7

30 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Hi @Ziw! None of the parts works correctly for me on 1.2, they work perfect at the VAB but once I launch they rotate off-center:

6yLehYt.png

My log here

Please let me know if you need anything else,

Thanks!!!

Did you turn off the auto-struts? It seems you forgot.

12 minutes ago, Ziw said:

Can you try on a very basic craft, literally a pod + battery + one pivot?

Same thing, buuuut.... you've said auto-struts are an issue so I get suspicious, then deleted KJR, and voila!! now everything works. So, it seems that KJR + IR can't work together at the moment.

Thanks a lot for the quick support and for maintaining this.

17 minutes ago, Constan7ine said:

Can confirm the bug @Drakenex is experiencing. Everything is offset and weird and not working properly. Removing KJR fixed it.

Thank you. Will take a look, maybe KJR needs some IR awareness and some additional settings.

3 hours ago, Ziw said:

Thank you. Will take a look, maybe KJR needs some IR awareness and some additional settings.

Hey, @Ziw I haven't taken a look yet. But, would just a simple MM patch to ignore all IR parts probably do the trick?..... Or treat :wink:

Edited by V8jester

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.