[1.6.1] Chaka Monkey 161

YANFRET

Dear Industrious and Hard Working Chaka Exploration Systems Engineers,

We, your most courageous customer at Voidryder's Aerospace have utmost faith in your ablity to correct issues with reentry parachutes. Meanwhile all of our missions will be modelled after the Reality Television Show - Duna One. No need to bother with parachutes at all. Well almost no reason. Retro-boosters will be increased accordingly.

Also please be aware that all exterior doors to flight hangers and crew dormitories have been locked from outside for security reason. Please knock loudly.

Sincerely,

The Grand Designer,

Voidryder's Aerospace

Edited by Voidryder

For the career mode, some modifications are necessary.

These files seem to have a incorrect node of technology:

baseRing3_75.cfg

3M Chaka Monkey Fairing Test Article 3.cfg

8M Chaka Monkey Fairing Test Article 3 - Copy.cfg

8M Chaka Monkey Fairing Test Article 3.cfg

EMLV.cfg

The technology node is : TechRequired = largeControl , but in KSP 1.0.2 This knot does not exist any more i think.

With modification: TechRequired = aviation parts appear in career mode.

My Tree technology is fully developed

I also have a problem with other parts:

Radiator System Type Z

Radiator System type X

Engine Mount for RS-68

And may be other parts, But where is the .cfg... ?

Edit: Ok... files in the folder : NP_interstage_1_25m_2_5m_tank/ and NP_interstage_1_25m_2_5m_tank2/ don't have the "TechRequired =" in the cfg

files in the folder : Kosmos_TKS_RCS_Tank2/ have also the TechRequired = largeControl

Sorry for my bad english, i love the chaka Monkey Exploration Systems, and in want this in my career ! :D

Edited by Well

After installing the CMES, my KSP stop at here everytime when I start it.

What's the problem?

http://i1.tietuku.com/2adee373320ee4db.jpg

Is there anything in the debug log?

What other mods do you have installed?

Was KSP a fresh install before you installed CMES?

By chance... do you have an existing install with Active Texture Management, then installed CMES?

More information than "stop at here" is needed to diagnose the problem.

Is there anything in the debug log?

What other mods do you have installed?

Was KSP a fresh install before you installed CMES?

By chance... do you have an existing install with Active Texture Management, then installed CMES?

More information than "stop at here" is needed to diagnose the problem.

I downloaded KSP to my new laptop today. Before I installed CMES, I installed the ATM and some other module including KSO.

"Stop here" means that the game stop loading and do nothing. There is no information about any error. All I can do is waiting or ALT+F4.

I downloaded KSP to my new laptop today. Before I installed CMES, I installed the ATM and some other module including KSO.

"Stop here" means that the game stop loading and do nothing. There is no information about any error. All I can do is waiting or ALT+F4.

If this is your very first time running the game (fully, without quitting), then the load time will be HUGE.

This is because ATM is converting and caching each texture file it finds. In many cases, and depending on your machine's hardware, this can take a very long time.

I would recommend removing CMES and running KSP so that ATM can cache all the Squad/NASA textures (This can take a long time). Then put CMES back in and load it again (again, it will take a long time). This is due to ATM, not CMES.

Alternately, you can use utilities such as KSP2DDS and DDSLoader, which would considerably cut down on the ATM texture caching and general memory usage of KSP in general. But, this has been known to create some texture issues with various mods, but I'm assuming you don't want to go through and manually convert all textures to DDS.

In Summary: ATM takes a REALLY long time to load on first run due to it caching files. This only happens on the first run. On some slower machines or when trying to load too many new mods at once, it can sometimes cause the computer to hang. This is an ATM issue, not a CMES issue. Just start up KSP, go eat dinner, come back and it should be done.

For the career mode, some modifications are necessary.

These files seem to have a incorrect node of technology:

baseRing3_75.cfg

3M Chaka Monkey Fairing Test Article 3.cfg

8M Chaka Monkey Fairing Test Article 3 - Copy.cfg

8M Chaka Monkey Fairing Test Article 3.cfg

EMLV.cfg

The technology node is : TechRequired = largeControl , but in KSP 1.0.2 This knot does not exist any more i think.

With modification: TechRequired = aviation parts appear in career mode.

My Tree technology is fully developed

I also have a problem with other parts:

Radiator System Type Z

Radiator System type X

Engine Mount for RS-68

And may be other parts, But where is the .cfg... ?

Edit: Ok... files in the folder : NP_interstage_1_25m_2_5m_tank/ and NP_interstage_1_25m_2_5m_tank2/ don't have the "TechRequired =" in the cfg

files in the folder : Kosmos_TKS_RCS_Tank2/ have also the TechRequired = largeControl

Sorry for my bad english, i love the chaka Monkey Exploration Systems, and in want this in my career ! :D

Some good troubleshooting there. I've just edited the cfg files of the parts Wells mentioned above and it seems to have resolved the problem with parts that appear in Sandbox not making it to Career. Just make sure that no parts, as he says, use the obsolete LargeControl tech node. Sure it'll be fixed pretty soon, but if you can't wait (and I couldn't) it only takes a couple of mins to fix it yourself.

Agreed thank you for digging up those facts.

While we work on 1.0.2D , if there are any suggestions regarding tech tree placement of parts please post them and I'll make any requested changes there as well.

The use for the launchers of the Rc-L01 Remote guidance units, which is at the end of tree of technology, produces the use of supplied .craft impossible before the "End Game" (science). Thus difficult to tell of at which other level of the tree of technology it would be necessary to place the others parts. :confused:

That's hilarious I just saw the trailer for that like an hour ago and my first thought was, wow, someone went Kerbal with some ISS parts then couldn't leave it alone so they dipped into the Avatar parts bin as well.

I hope they installed Kerbal Joint Reinforcement!!

Also thank you for gracing this forum page with such a beautiful image! haha

I will watch that movie just for the phrase "Science the .... out of this"

Edited by YANFRET

Hermes Ion ship from The Martian movie:

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/martianteaser-hermes.jpg

May be one day Yanfret, may be ... :P

AKA the Giant Wet Spaghetti Noodle Ship. Works great for going in straight lines. Warning: Warranty void if any attempt at turning is made. Turning may increase structural stress that can lead to unplanned disassembly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.