Galactic Neighborhood

Sigma88

1 minute ago, FreeThinker said:

@Sigma88 Notice that I have just released an updated a new version of KSPIE, which significantly improves the performance and capabilities of the Alcubiere warp drive in Galactic Neighborhood. Specifically it can now be operate in warp view under time acceleration and can travel at high speed in both solar systems as interstellar space and has the capability to use celestial bodies to break inertial momentum allow vessels to travel interstellar distances without having to adjust huge differences in speed.

cool, how's the interstellar space? haven't had the time to test it estensively

Hi everyone, i have a problem, the mod doesn't work for me, dont know what's the problem, i have module manager last version, kopernikus, GN, and some planets packs (UL, Keridani continued, New Horizons and gameslinx). i havent more mods. If i have only 1 planet mod without GN, they work fine (i try to use only 2 planet pack but nothing happen, if i have only GN and kopernikus nothing happen, i see stock system and nothing more), but when i put GN with more planet packs the game never start, when i go to create a new game it is a black screen and says "loading" for hours without reponse Here is my log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cvu9333fotw88sn/output_log.txt?dl=0

thx for the help, and sorry for my bad english :blush:

Thx you very much, I make it work with MFI, but now I have another problem, the light on kerbin come from the galactic core and not from the sun i play the game in spanish, could it be a problem? here is the log-> https://www.dropbox.com/s/629zdf1e83hi85h/output_log.txt?dl=0 Thx for all the help! :)

Edited by kasurmen
wrong link

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, aluc24 said:

Hey, @Sigma88 , is there a version of GN that works in KSP 1.2.2? I tried the 0.4.1 version, but after I load a save, it never gets into KSC, just shows the "Loading..." icon at the bottom right, and the screen is black.

Your best bet would be v0.3.1

But I am not 100% sure

Hey, So I installed your mod and had some trouble.  Through trial and error I got it to work.  It seems mod manager 2.8.1 was causing problems loading.  using version 2.8.0 of mod manager has worked for me.  Gameslinx's was crashing possibly because it comes with mod manager 2.8.1.  Here's a list of what I was able to install so far. Thanks Sigma88 for all your work!

Boris System

Chani Planet Pack

Kerbol Origins

Kerdani Star System

Kronkus

Rhat's Planet Pack

Trans-Keptunian

Uncharted Lands

6 hours ago, Dracofunk said:

Hey, So I installed your mod and had some trouble.  Through trial and error I got it to work.  It seems mod manager 2.8.1 was causing problems loading.  using version 2.8.0 of mod manager has worked for me.  Gameslinx's was crashing possibly because it comes with mod manager 2.8.1.  Here's a list of what I was able to install so far. Thanks Sigma88 for all your work!

I have literally no idea what "mod manager" is

when installing Gameslinx's mod I used only these folders:

• CTTP
  • INSTANTIATOR
  • Olei
  • Olei-Gaia

that should be enough to get that mod to load on GN

8 hours ago, Dracofunk said:

mod manager

You can just put two upper case M's like this. :wink: MM and then mouseover it.

@Sigma88 I also tried Gameslinx and GN the other day and got problems. (Actually I think GN itself was a problem but that's an issue I'll return to soon™) Gameslinx has officially put aside INSTANTIATOR because it breaks in 1.3.

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

You can just put two upper case M's like this. :wink: MM and then mouseover it.

@Sigma88 I also tried Gameslinx and GN the other day and got problems. (Actually I think GN itself was a problem but that's an issue I'll return to soon™) Gameslinx has officially put aside INSTANTIATOR because it breaks in 1.3.

just tested with this setup and Gameslinx pack seems to load fine

Screenshot%202017-07-23%2016.59.02.png?d

if you want to add extra stuff (like EVE or Scatterer) I can't assure the game will load as I never test GN with those mods

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

@Sigma88 Good point. I didn't try without scatterer as the point was for testing my lens flares once I confirmed I had a variety of stars to assign them to. :) I'm working on them atm and they're almost ready for pre-release.

GN is defintely a bad choice for testing sunflares since my plugin keeps changing the flares live back and forth between 2 different flares

9 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

if you want to add extra stuff (like EVE or Scatterer) I can't assure the game will load as I never test GN with those mods

I'll mess with compatibility when my pack is used with yours so the visuals are kept :)

One more little thing @Sigma88. Can you list some sample radii for O, B, A class stars? I'm hoping to release my sunflare pack(s) this week and I'd like a feel for the blue super and hyper giants. KSS has quite a wide spectrum of samples, which is great, but it's missing out in this area.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

6 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

One more little thing @Sigma88. Can you list some sample radii for O, B, A class stars? I'm hoping to release my sunflare pack(s) this week and I'd like a feel for the (super)giant stars and to configure the up-close fade distances.

this is easy to check

just go to the folder: GameData/GalacticNeighborhood/Configs/ and look for all .cfg that have "AddStar" in their name

those are all the stars added by GN

the "radius" is stored in the cfg in "solar radii"

the definition of "solar radius" in GN can be either the radius of the stock sun or 1/10th the radius of the real life sun

• 2 weeks later...

I have problem with galactic neighborhood kerbin dark side becomes switched with sun side and sun side becomes twiilight zone. In flight mode is visible sun in dark side and in sun side too. I guess is that problem with kerbin config how to fix it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.