The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

Y5Nk5V8.jpg

Introduction:

Five years into my latest career game, I began tracking an unusually large class-E asteroid. 
This is the story of what happened next. 

Although it is really a mission report, I will be writing it in the style of a fan-fiction illustrated novel....
...and a cheesy 1960's science-fiction adventure.

Enjoy!

Oh, and if you want to skip over the first 25 chapters, please feel free to enjoy @Oraldo revak's amazing:
Emiko Station: The Movie
Parts 1 & 2

Table of Contents:

Chapter 1 - Is This The End?
Chapter 2 - Harfield and Jandolin
Chapter 3 - A Brief Pause... for Espionage
Chapter 4 - The Chariot
Chapter 5 - Chariot to the Mun
Chapter 6 - Disaster at Home
Chapter 7 - Code 7
Chapter 8 - Mun Tag
Chapter 9 - Armageddon
Chapter 10 - Abduction
Chapter 11 - Aftermath
Chapter 12 - Visitors and Ghosts
Chapter 13 - Piper's Tale
Chapter 14 - Thompberry Kerman and the Tower of Power
Chapter 15 - Flyover
Chapter 16 - Spy vs. Spy
Chapter 17 - The Voice
Chapter 18 - The Crossing
Chapter 19 - The Saucer
Chapter 20 - Alpha-77
Chapter 21 - The Zaltonic Space Center
Chapter 22 - The Great Race
Chapter 23 - My Name is PIPER!!!
Chapter 24 - The Fall of Thompberry Kerman
Chapter 25 - Questions
Chapter 26 - A Brief Intermission
Chapter 27 - The Ultimate Challenge
Chapter 28 - Plans within Plans
Chapter 29 - The Doodlebug
Chapter 30 - She Speaks To... What???
Chapter 31 - The Darkening
Chapter 32 - More Plans within Plans
Chapter 33 - Space Pirates
Chapter 34 - Emiko Tower
Chapter 35 - Chariot Into Darkness
Chapter 36 - Duna Runaway
Chapter 37 - The Vision
Chapter 38 - The Pit of the Kraken
Chapter 39 - The Darkness Falls
Chapter 40 - Thompberry Station
Chapter 41 - The Mystery of the Monoliths
Chapter 42 - Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
Chapter 43 - Where the Heart Is
Chapter 44 - Munquake!!!
Chapter 45 - The Nightmare
Chapter 46 - Eve
Chapter 47 - The Northern Munolith
Chapter 48 - Frannie's Epiphany
Chapter 49 - Dresperation
Chapter 50 - A Ghost of the Past
Chapter 51 - Broken
Chapter 52 - The Darkest Side of the Mun
Chapter 53 - Prelude to a Backstory
Chapter 54 - Emiko's Tale - Part 1
Chapter 55 - Emiko's Magical Mystery Tour
Chapter 56 - Back to Reality... Sort of
Chapter 57 - Halo Jumping
Chapter 58 - Homecoming
Chapter 59 - Afterlife
Chapter 60 - The Vanishing
Chapter 61 - Sins of the Father
Chapter 62 - All Roads Lead to Emiko
Chapter 63 - Zombie
Chapter 64 - In The Dark
Chapter 65 - Until Death Do Us Part...
Chapter 66 - Welcome to Belladonna Cove
Chapter 67 - Emiko's Tale: Grilled Cheese and Monsters
Chapter 68 - Emiko's Tale: Happy Halloween
Chapter 69 - Screaming In The Night
Chapter 70 - Ghosts In the Machine
Chapter 71 - My Best Friend
Chapter 72 - The Looking Glass
Chapter 73 - Can't Find My Way Home
Chapter 74 - Pandora
Chapter 75 - Karn Evil
Chapter 76 - Pandora's Box
Chapter 77 - Destiny
Chapter 78 - Blinded by the Light
Chapter 79 - Terror at 20,000 Kilometers (more or less...)
Chapter 80 - Annabel Lee
Chapter 81 - The Fall of Zaltonic Electronics
Chapter 82 - Emiko's Backstory - Rise of the Un-Poofed
Chapter 83 - Emiko's Backstory - The Outsiders
Chapter 84 - Emiko's Backstory - The Mystery of the Late Dinner Guest
Chapter 85 - Emiko's Backstory - The Killer Queen
Chapter 86 - Emiko's Backstory - Going Under
Chapter 87 - Plight of the Platypus
Chapter 88 - On The Beach
Chapter 89 - Smoke on the Water
Chapter 90 - The Hotel Kalifornia
Chapter 91 - Kokomo
Chapter 92 - Echoes
Chapter 93 - An Imperative Interruption...
Chapter 94 - Wanted: Poofed or un-Poofed
Chapter 95 - Intents and Purposes
Chapter 96 - The Eye of the Witch
Chapter 97 - Cry Havoc
Chapter 98 - Something Wicked This Way Comes
Chapter 99 - Day of the Poofed
Chapter 100 - The Great Gig In the Sky

Edited by Just Jim

Chapter 1
Is This The End?

It was late in the evening and the Kerbin Aeronautics and Space Administration was starting to prepare for it's upcoming 5th anniversary. It had been a good five years; from their humble beginnings launching rockets beyond the upper atmosphere and landing them into the ocean, then reaching space, the Mun, Minmus, and starting construction of orbital stations around the three. And finally landing probes on both Duna and Ike. KASA had grown from a small organization to a household word. Offers were pouring in from both major corporations and potential astronauts. They had even designed a new flag... Yes, it had been a good start.

6z7LSRv.jpg

But as the sun began to set, Linus Kerman, head of the science department, ran out of the tracking station, hopped into the nearest vehicle, and blew out a tire trying to find Gene and Dr. Werhner von Kerman.

e0RCwJ2.jpg

When Linus found Dr. von Kerman, he didn't say a word. He just handed the doctor a computer readout and stood there trembling.

"Are these figures accurate?" was all the doctor asked."Yes....", Linus replied.

"Call a meeting."

Ten of them sat around the table: flight director Gene Kerman, chief Engineer dr. von Kerman, head of science Linus Kerman, head of operations Gus Kerman, head of finance Mort Kerman, and head of PR Walt Kerman. Also present were the four senior astronauts: Jeb, Val, Bob, and Bill Kerman.

Gene spoke first, in almost a whisper, "We have a situation..."

Linus continued, "Earlier this afternoon we began tracking a newly discovered asteroid, TSX-299, which will be passing very, very close to Kerbin in only a few days."

"How close?" asked Bob, in a voice that said he already suspected the answer.

"Our best estimates are that it will enter Kerbin SoI in a nearly perfect orbit, then about 30 days later it till enter Minmus's SoI... after that the predictions become... erratic." 

"Erratic???  How erratic???"

Dr. von kerman began reading from an earlier a printout. "The best odds are it will just keep going and pass from our sphere of influence into open space... or...."  his voice drifted off, and everyone around the table knew the rest. 
"Or... it could hit the planet." 

Walt Kerman, head of PR, was the first to suggest they keep this silent, and immediately everyone agreed. A planet wide mass panic wasn't going to help matters. So they waited and watched, and finally the day came when the asteroid fell into Kerbin space. And for the next 30 days they again waited and watched, and some prayed. And when the fateful day arrived, everyone gathered in the tracking station and waited for the first readings to come in. 

From his office, Linus Kerman emerged, a sort of stunned look on his face, and again he just handed a piece of paper to dr. von Kerman.

The doctor began reading, his eyes getting wider and wider. "Kraken take us... are these numbers accurate???"

"Yes, doctor", whispered Linus.

Then von Kerman did something so startling, so utterly unbelievable, it caught everyone completely by surprise. He broke out into a huge grin, then began laughing, and reached out and grabbed Linus, who had also began laughing, and gave him a huge hug! When the two finally stopped, doctor von Kerman wiped a tear from his eye and faced the bewildered staff.

"My friend... my dear, dear friends. Something amazing has happened. The odds were so slim I hadn't considered it. But if these numbers are accurate, then TSX-299 has somehow passed close enough to Minmus to slip into a stable Kerbin orbit. Kerbin has a new moon!"

At the exact same time Bob and Bill shouted, "Launch a probe!"

y9dFbAk.jpg

iMni40X.jpg

X6PWs5y.jpg

uIuUCgs.jpg

Once the probe attached itself to TSX-299 and the data began to come in, the numbers were astounding. Nearly 100 meters in diameter and close to 4000 tons! The orbit was more elongated and at a steeper angle than Minmus, but there was one point they intersected, and this concerned Linus Kerman. If they passed too close again it could put them back into the same situation. So plans were made to try and move it. But 4,000 ton... they just didn't have anything big enough to hurl something that huge out of Kerbin orbit. And even if they did, it could easily re-enter Kerbin space sometime down the road. So they began to plan how to stabilize the orbit instead; maybe move it inside Minmus's orbit. First they sent Val, Bob and Bill to get a first hand look, and also began launching stabilizer pods.

rt0hJXE.jpg

xuXbPq3.jpg

9IAbPxk.jpg

These were followed by a drill pod, and an ore processing pod, and radiator tower, to keep the stabilizers fueled.

tXQCPVu.jpg

Finally an engine pod was launched, and positioned opposite the command pod. Once everything was in place they throttled up, and to everyone's amazement and delight, the asteroid's orbit began ever so slowly to shift. 

4Mknw1Y.jpg

0Ib3XVk.jpg

It took several orbits and re-fuelings, but in time they were able to not only stabilize the asteroids orbit, they positioned it to a nice 2,500 km equilateral orbit!

irsY9Ne.jpg

During the transition, the team was able to gather more data on the asteroid, and to their amazement found it was almost 80% ore!  Just over 3,000t of resources were the estimates. If they could mine and refine it, it could handle their re-fueling needs for years! 

And so plans were made to start building a station into the base. First a new ship was sent up for Val and the guys. An advanced shuttle with both a docking port and Klaw. Val immediately fell in love with it.

IrxejNs.jpg

Next two large fuel tanks were sent up, to handle re-fueling until a more permanent drill rig could be built.

MZIbA2v.jpg

dum99n6.jpg

bsK4jSt.jpg

NIAY2Fg.jpg

And finally a new command tower was placed at the northern most point of the asteroid, so that the solar panels would always be exposed to the sun.

gaRK9rN.jpg

gAFxzD4.jpg

EHxJFKz.jpg

RwMweFR.jpg

38ROUeM.jpg

When it was finished, Val whispered thru the radio, "Name it Emiko, for my grandmother. When I was a child she told me stories of how she once saw a real Kraken....  She would have so loved this place..."  and she began to gently cry...

Thus was christened Emiko Station, Kerbin's new moon... the castle in the sky. And this is just the beginning. There is so much more to do. Tomorrow KASA will announce this amazing discovery to all of Kerbin, and what it means for our future.

The Saga of Emiko Station is far, far from over.....

Go to Chapter 2
Return to Index

Edited by Just Jim
Trying to polish things

8 minutes ago, TopHeavy11 said:

Wow.. I would never have the patience to do something like that! You, sir, are an artist.:wink:

Mind if I borrow your flag design?

Thanks, and no problem about the flag.  I think you can just right click and save it

Hey, a quick note.  I have the storylines for next two chapters worked out, but I'm doing this in my career game, so it may take a day or two too get all the pieces in place and screenshots I want. 

I promise, the tale of Emiko Station is far, far from over....

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2015‎ ‎10‎:‎38‎:‎42‎, Parkaboy said:

Nice tale! Curious to see where this is going!

Quite honestly, so am I... lol.  I have a couple long term ideas, but this is a career game, so I'm not really sure where.... perhaps literally... it's going to end up yet.

Quick note about this next chapter... I'm re-enacting a prior rescue mission to include two passengers.  I think you'll agree with my reasoning...

Edited by Just Jim

Chapter 2
Harfield and Jandolin

A couple weeks after Emiko Station was brought online, two scientists were working late in the tracking station when senior scientist Bob Kerman stuck his head in the door and asked, "Harfield, Jandolin, we're taking the new tourist lander prototype out for a shakedown inspection flight tomorrow, and there's a couple empty seats. You kids ready to get back into space?"

The response was instant and simultaneous, "Yes!!!"

Harfield and Jandolin Kerman were already well known and beloved planet wide. 

It all started about a year earlier when Zaltonic Electronics tried to secretly launch and establish their own space station. To this day the launch site is unknown, and the entire mission might also have been kept secret, until something went horribly wrong, leaving two scientists, Harfield and Jandolin Kerman, stranded in low orbit. Having no emergency plan, Zaltonic was forced to reach out to KASA for help, and a rescue mission was immediately launched to try and save the doomed scientists and their crippled lab.

ui5PdTa.jpg

YS5c4OL.jpg

1DG3uzu.jpg

EaxSn7O.jpg

The mission went well at first, but trying to retrieve the heavy lab caused the shuttles engines to overheat, and with the whole planet watching, they exploded 35 km over the ocean. Jandolin screamed in horror, and began to sob uncontrollably. Harfield did his best to keep a smile on his face, and tried to her focused and calm despite his own fear. Horrified, the world watched and prayed for a miracle. 

But Valentina Kerman, the daredevil pride of KASA, was in the cockpit. And with a steady grip and nerves of steel she managed to jettison the engines with mere seconds to spare, and was able to keep the remains of the broken ship stable until the parachutes could be deployed. 

It was said a cheer went up across the planet when the crippled ship splashed down safely. 

DAgNQhB.jpg

Qx6YE5n.jpg

xhDLa0Z.jpg

4sZ5p87.jpg

qzrEA6Z.jpg

18VsmH7.jpg

xs5ATBJ.jpg

After they were rescued, Jandolin and Harfield resigned from Zaltonic and stayed on at KASA. And they quickly became inseparable, and an item around the space station. The joke was that they were the cutest couple at KSC, except neither of them knew it yet....

ykCI6Ag.jpg

And so that next day Harfield and Jandolin joined Bob, Bill, Jeb and Val Kerman for the tourist shuttle trial runs. 

First stop, Minmus. Val and Jeb took turns piloting, and the first phase went smooth and without incident. Once they had landed, Val smiled as she caught Harfield and Jandolin wandering off to plant their own flag together.

OXnGE9H.jpg

ymV00SO.jpg

PCGJP1S.jpg

From Minmus the team made a quick stop at out Mun station to refuel, then began to scout the Mun's surface for a good spot to land.

JoTqunl.jpg

But as they came in low, Bob suddenly shouted across the radio... "What the??? Val, roll 145 degrees starboard, fast!"

As the lander rolled, the entire crew gasped at what they saw. There, deep along the side of a large crater, was what appeared to be a huge stone arch!

Everyone was silent at first, until Jeb quietly broke the stillness, "Val, can you put us down next to it?"

Val grinned to herself, "Next orbit, absolutely."

dlxjrXN.jpg

0dUhe87.jpg

z8LvStO.jpg

H773FbS.jpg

The arch was monstrous and mysterious... and beautiful. One by one the crew climbed out of the ship and down the ladder, and turned to fact the staggering sight. Obviously ancient, it had to be over 100 meters tall, and twice that across. As they approached it,

Harfield called out, "Jandolin, would you help me plant a flag here?"

And there under the great stone Mun-arch, with the whole world watching, Harfield pulled out a flag, and did the unthinkable...

nxEP29f.jpg

BsMhhfM.jpg

7evHHcW.jpg

Ok3nld6.jpg

Instantly Jeb and Bill gasped, Val squealed and Bob smiled. And across all of Kerbin, everyone stopped what they were doing and watched in stunned disbelief. 

Jandolin just stood there, a look of shock on her face. 

The whole world held it's breath... never had a planet been this silent... some said even the birds paused their singing.

And as a huge smile broke across Jandolin's face, the whole world screamed and cheered and cried.

"Yes, yes.... YES!!!"

cL80OEm.jpg

It was several minutes before the celebrating at the space center died down enough for Bob to be heard. 

"Jebediah Kerman, as captain of this ship, I do believe you have the authority to marry these youngsters, do you not, sir?"

Jeb smiled, "Why yes... yes I do, sir."

Harfield turned to Bob, "You, sir, have been a friend and mentor to me these last few months. Would you do me the honor of being my best man?"

Bob bowed as best he could in a space suit, "I would honored, my friend"

Harfield then turned to Bill, "And you, sir. I do believe Jandolin's father would have no objection to you standing in his stead, and giving the bride away?"

Bill just  smiled and nodded.

Then Jandolin turned to Val, but only got the first couple words out before she began to cry, "Valentina, will you.... be..... oh my..... please???. 

Behind he own tears Val choked, "Of course I will, Jan.... OMG..... of course I will."

And they hugged each other and cried, and the whole world cried with them.

The ceremony was brief, but lovely, beneath that giant stone Mun arch. It was said over 30 million Kerbals watched that magic moment, as Harfield and Jandolin became the first couple to be married on the Mun. And 30 million Kerbals celebrated that night, making it the biggest wedding reception in recorded history.

emTPNib.jpg

6wdl6WV.jpg

Afterwards, the crew boarded the ship in silence, and returned to Emiko Station without incident for debriefing.

eAsCkdk.jpg

While they were docking, the newlyweds found to their surprise a new research lab and crew quarters had been added to the station in their absence.  In the rear passenger section of the shuttle, Bob turned to them, "It's yours if you want it." 

Their smiles were all the answer he needed.

And so Harfield and Jandolin Kerman became the first couple married in space, and the first family to live on Emiko Station. And they became legend to the folks on the planet below.

5R74ukP.jpg

The Saga of Emiko Station is far, far from over.... 

Go to Chapter 3
Return to Index

Edited by Just Jim
Polishing

Oh man... my head is still reeling. 
About an hour ago I had a staggering inspiration, epiphany, angelic choir kind of moment...

I have the storyline!!!  Oh, what a storyline.... bwaahahahahaha
Drama, suspense, betrayal, romance.... and many, many more explosions!!! 
I think y'all are gonna like this.

It should take several, if not a dozen or two, chapters to do.  
Perhaps more, depending on how the story develops, and what further madness I dream up.

The tale of Emiko station is far, far from over!!!

Chapter 3

A Brief Pause... for Espionage

Back at the KASA space center, the celebration went on late into the night. The mood was giddy, and as the sun set behind the distant mountains, most of the non-essential staff gathered outside the tracking station to watch the stars and try to find Emiko Station.

No one was inside the tracking station as night fell....

No one saw the mysterious blip appear and disappear just southwest of the station.

On an island just south and west of the space center sat the old, abandoned airfield. 

Only this night it isn't so abandoned, and suspicious activities are afoot.....

bhKaF5o.jpg

IK3LWiF.jpg

ah4rJKR.jpg

pf402jt.jpg

xXkemZB.jpg

pBkoY0B.jpg

LuHjtRO.jpg

tTtowZ0.jpg

The Saga of Emiko Station is far, far from over.....

Go to Chapter 4
Return to Index

Edited by Just Jim
polishing

9 hours ago, Commander Zoom said:

Anyone else thinking of classic Jonny Quest, "The Robot Spy"?  Complete with eerie music?

Oh most definitely!  Give the commander some rep!!!  That was one of my favorite episodes!
Now add some "Dr. No", maybe a little "Despicable Me" and perhaps a little Heinz Doofensmirtz from "Phineas and Ferb".....
And you begin to see who is behind the spy drone.... or do you???  bwaahahahahahaha

11 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Awww, that wedding was just the greatest! Absolutely loved it. Cheers to the happy couple! :D

Thank you.  We will see a lot more of Jandolin and Harfield in the coming days and weeks... months??? (years???)

The tale of Emiko Station is far, far from over..... :wink:

@Just Jim, you (and I absolutely can NOT stress this enough) are a FREAKING. AUTHOR. I'm serious, you should publish this, just make it, ya know, not Kerbal. Before you do there is a small little typo in chapter 2. I belive it's ValentinA, not ValentinE (unless you actually had a kerb named Valentine with the badS flag. In that case, It's all good.)

Edited by TopHeavy11

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2015 at 3:14 PM, TopHeavy11 said:

@Just Jim, you (and I absolutely can NOT stress this enough) are a FREAKING. AUTHOR. I'm serious, you should publish this, just make it, ya know, not Kerbal. Before you do there is a small little typo in chapter 2. I belive it's ValentinA, not ValentinE (unless you actually had a kerb named Valentine with the badS flag. In that case, It's all good.)

Oh wow, thank you so much!

And you're right, that was a typo.  It's supposed to be the Val we all know and love... lol.  fixing it now

I should have chapter 4 posted in about an hour or so.

Chapter 4
The Chariot

The next few days were quiet aboard Emiko Station, as Harfield and Jandolin settled into their new home, but not so back on Kerbin. At the KASA Space Center, the lights were on late in the administration building, as the senior staff were holding a series of high level meetings with none other than Seefond Kerman, CEO of StrutCo, and Steadler Kerman, founder, owner, and president of Steadler Engineering Corps.

With all the recent publicity, both Steadler and StrutCo feel the time may be right to consider building bases on the Mun, and Minmus, respectively. But while this is a bold and exciting new plan, certain steps have to be considered. The most serious issue concerns refueling a large ship in low Kerbin orbit. While Kerbin Station can house many tourists headed to the moon, it lacks the large fuel pods needed to make it a viable refueling station for Mun shuttles. 

Late into the third night of negotiations, Steadler Kerman was close to signing a second contract to fund the Kerbin Station expansion. But this was a huge investment, above and beyond the original Mun base contract, and he was still wavering.

"We're talking a huge amount. How do I know my money won't be squandered? Your record so far is impressive, granted", Steadler argued, "But what about the future? How can you prove to me my investment is the right move? If there was just some way of showing me you're sincere about your promises."

From the corner of the table Bill Kerman looked up, "Gene, I think it may be time we show our guests the Chariot."

Gene smiled, "Yes, I do believe you are right. Gentlemen, if you will follow me". And he led the distinguished VIP's outside to R&D, thru the central building and back onto the R&D main avenue. There, bathed in the eerie blue light of its powerful fuel cells, was a massive looking vehicle.

U1SCW36.jpg

Gene spoke up, "Gentlemen, you asked for proof of our sincerity. I give you the Chariot, our prototype Mun surveyor. Fully self-sufficient, it holds a crew of five, and is completely equipped with our finest scientific equipment, ready to explore the lunar surface and find the best location to build our base. The prototype is already finished and entering it's final testing phase. We project it can be ready to launch in as little as a few weeks..... if we had a close orbital station to refuel the delivery system from."

Val looked over with a mischievous glint in her eye, "You gentlemen want to take her out for a spin?"

Both VIP's looked back and grinned, and Gene knew inside the deal was sealed.

yoCJLPB.jpg

Once the two VIP's were aboard, and the Chariot wandering around the Space Center, Steadler broke into a grin and announced,

"Gentlemen, Ladies, I am satisfied. And you have a contract. We will fund your station expansion." He looked over at Val, "Now just how fast can this beautiful beast go?"

flBW6Gv.jpg

Seefond Kerman also smiled, "I also think we have a deal, but I have one more condition. I think you will find it a simple one. I, and my staff, wish to visit Minmus. And I wish to be the first very tourist to land at the new base."

Driving up front, Jeb spoke for everyone when he replied thru the radio, "Agreed"

And so the project began. First on the agenda was launching new survey satellites to both the Mun and Minmus, to begin scouting for potential base sites.

niMvdsF.jpg

pzwfab8.jpg

Construction also began on the Kerbin Station expansion. So far the project has gone well, and looks to be completed on schedule.

4X2xPzz.jpg

WSNqUWO.jpg

p5gkFeU.jpg

And finally, Jeb, along with Bob, Bill, and Val, have taken the Chariot prototype on a cross country shakedown test. 

dTQlPS5.jpg

Further and further they traveled, Val and Jeb taking turns driving, deeper and deeper into the wilds. Mile after mile they roamed, passing many scenic lakes and mountains.

9NkdwSa.jpg

Eventually they found themselves heading into the badlands and deserts, and late one night they stumbled across an ancient temple; the tomb of Tut-Un Jeb-Ahn, discovered years earlier by Emiko Kerman herself.

n4jqWnZ.jpg

0rzQ0wu.jpg

XmnGWSw.jpg

Satisfied with the Chariot's performance in hot climates, the team then turned north and headed to the dark polar regions, to see how it handled the artic cold. But as the traveled further and further into the gloom of the polar night, they were shocked to come across something half-buried in the snow of an icy hillside. Something just too incredible to believe.

gsSfBOs.jpg

COKfN59.jpg

Being the man of science he was, Bob had to go have a closer look, and was so absorbed in examining the strange craft, he almost tripped over something sticking out from the snow.  It was an old flag, bleached white from the sun and the wind and the cold.

"My God...." Bob murmured over the radio, "Someone else has been here before us...."

Gh0Fezp.jpg

Convinced the Chariot was a success, and perhaps a bit rattled from their strange discovery, the team finally decided to head back. 

A couple days later, travelling thru the harsh Kerbin tundra, they stopped to refuel. Bill decided to go outside and stretch his legs, while Bob wanted to get a soil sample to add to his inventory.  

bsJoiwM.jpg

But as he was gathering up his sample, Bob suddenly stood up and pointed to a distant mountain. "Bill, did you see that?"

"See what?"

"On the top of that mountain... I thought I saw a light."

"Bob, it's just a star."

"No, something flashed.... I saw it"

"OK, a shooting star. Bob, my friend, you're still jumpy from getting near that weird saucer, and I don't blame you. I've still got the creeps. But think, how could anything get to the top of a peak like that?"

"Ahhhh, yes, Bill, you're right. But it isn't the saucer that's bothering me. It's that flag. I can't stop wondering, if someone else found that ship before us, then who was it, and why did they keep it a secret?  

"That's a very good question, Bob, a very good question. Are you almost finished there?"

Bob stood and closed his sample bag, "I have what I need."  He turned at looked at the mountain one more time. "Silly me, nothing could ever scale a mountain like that. Let's go home."

UCMqBRO.jpg

gnd0zx9.jpg

I37EFnN.jpg

Gwx0Fan.jpg

The Saga of Emiko Station is far, far from over....

Go to Chapter 5
Return to Index

Edited by Just Jim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.